A pair of Accepted discussing one's path

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Sarenna

A pair of Accepted discussing one's path

Post by Sarenna » Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:15 am

In this log, Tower Accepted Aelrena and Journey Accepted Sarenna have a discussion about Sarenna's possible future choice of Ajah. Sarenna comes to realize that there are more similarities between the Ajahs than there are differences...

Location: The Warder training yard and the oval lecture hall.
Partcipants: Tower Accepted Aelrena, Journey Accepted Sarenna, (with appearances by Wenry, Relena Sedai, and Draz Gaidin)
PoV: Sarenna

***We begin in the Warders' training yard...***

Aelrena glances up from her weaving, the glow of the One Power surrounding her in a brilliant
nimbus. She makes eye contact with her fellow Accepted, before returning her gaze to the weave. An
amalgamation of Spirit, Air, and Fire, the strands pull together in a coherent whole, causing a
series of flashing lights throughout the yard before she lets the weave fall apart.

Sarenna gets a plate of roast pheasant with green beans from a weapon rack.

Sarenna eats the food.
Sarenna is full.

Sarenna says 'I am sorry it took so long.'

Aelrena says 'No worries, dear.'

Aelrena's lips twitch up slightly at the corners.

The Fal Dara alarm horn sounds loudly.

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna drinks the water.
Sarenna doesn't feel thirsty any more.

Aelrena says 'I've kept myself busy.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna says 'I can only imagine.'

Aelrena her eyes dart to the place in the air the weaves hung just a moment before.

Aelrena shakes her head.

Aelrena says 'Though that is not important at the moment.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

The clouds disappear.

Aelrena fixes her umber gaze upon Sarenna, her eyes weighing as she looks her up and down.

Sarenna smiles under the scrutiny. "It's good to see you again."

Aelrena says 'I hear that it's around the time you're considering which Ajah you might apprentice
to.'

Aelrena smiles brilliantly, expelling any indication of judgement.

Sarenna nods. "It's getting close, yes. I've been approached by Chloro Sedai, Ashlynn Sedai, and Fyra
Sedai. And Gesin Sedai did not approach me, but said she would not be sad to see me end up in the
Brown."

Aelrena beckons to Sarenna as she moves to perch upon the fountain, "Come sit with me, please."

Sarenna nods and sits on the edge of the fountain. "Thank you."

Aelrena says 'Of course.'

Aelrena says 'So, you mention several Sedai have mentioned their Ajahs.'

Sarenna nods in agreement.

Aelrena dips her hand in the fountain, watching the water part around it before her eyes dart back
up.

Aelrena says 'But where do YOU want to end up dear?'

Aelrena says 'Do you think you'd feel at home with the missions of the Brown or the Yellow?'

Aelrena's left eyebrow arches up slightly, accentuating the questioning tone of her voice.

Sarenna chuckles and looks thoughtful. "That's the question, I suppose. I have always been interested
in learning, but I can learn anywhere. And I've always been interested in Wisdom's work, especially
when they helped our farm animals. I learned some of how to do that from them."

Aelrena nods slowly along, her head tilting to the side as she listens. Her left hand, up til now
resting in her lap, motions for the woman to continue on.

Sarenna says 'I enjoy trying to figure out what is wrong with sick or injured animals and how I can help
them. And until now, it's always been something of an academic pursuit, because I didn't know how to
Heal with the Power. But now that I do...'

Aelrena says 'So you've had an interest in farm animals and their sicknesses?'

Aelrena nods to herself, her face placid.

Aelrena says 'Why?'

Aelrena arches an eyebrow.

Sarenna nods. "I think sometimes people don't understand how much we rely on them, for both labor and
food, and as a livelihood for farmers."

The White Tower is bathed in a reddish orange light as the sun sets.

Sarenna says 'What would happen if there were some sort of sweeping sickness that began to affect and
possibly kill horses?'

Sarenna says 'And what would happen to our food stores if something similar befell cows, pigs, or
chickens?'

Aelrena says 'The feeding of people is important. Farming just as much so. I'm certain you've heard
in your studies of some of the weaves which allow Aes Sedai to help the crops grow? To keep them
healthy?'

The night has begun.

Aelrena nods at Sarenna.

Aelrena says 'I don't ask to question you, Sarenna.'

Sarenna listens to the senior Accepted, remaining silent.

Aelrena smiles, the expression beautifying her plain features.

Aelrena says 'I ask because these are the types of questions which helped me figure out my own
apprenticeship.'

Aelrena nudges Sarenna gently with her shoulder

Wenry has arrived from the south, riding a gray palfrey.

Wenry leaves north riding a gray palfrey.

Wenry has arrived from the north, riding a gray palfrey.

Aelrena says 'I've found that they whys behind a thing have as much to do with who we are.'

Aelrena waves.

Aelrena looks at Wenry.

Sarenna smiles and nods. "I agree, from what I've learned so far."

Sarenna waves in greeting to Wenry.

diag wenry
Wenry has some small wounds and bruises.
Wenry is hurt.

Sarenna says 'May I offer you some healing, Wenry?'

Aelrena says 'You don't worry about the health of the animals for their own sake, or because you're
concerned at the disease itself, and to me that sounds less Yellow.'

Wenry says 'I am fine, thanks tho'

Wenry bows deeply.

Aelrena says 'Any Sister with the Talent is capable of healing, of course. Though the Yellow do have
greater focus upon it, and you'd find other women with just as must interest in it.'

Aelrena says 'But if you're less interested in the healing itself, and more the effects of what
happens with the livestock. Perhaps the Blue or the Brown would be more to your liking.'

Sarenna looks thoughtful. "Don't get me wrong... I do love animals. I had dogs and some cats growing
up, in addition to the farm animals. But you're correct in that I am more interested in the end
results of treating them than just treating them because they are suffering."

Aelrena nods along quietly, her expression thoughtful as she listens.

Sarenna says 'I've seen what happens to farms that begin to lose their livestock and draft animals.'

Sarenna says 'And I've seen what can happen to a community when the farms are impacted.'

Aelrena says 'The effects upon the families is terrible. And the cascade effect which reaches across
the lands can be severe.'

Aelrena nods at Sarenna.

Aelrena says 'Everything is part of a great weave, a pattern. And plucking one strand can shift
entire themes.'

Aelrena hums quietly to herself as her lips twitch slightly upward.

Sarenna says 'There was another thing that made me wonder if the Yellow was a good fit...'

Aelrena says 'Oh?'

Sarenna hesitates for a moment, as if gathering her thoughts.

The White Tower's spire gleams softly in the first light of a new day.

Sarenna says 'Well, in speaking with Ashlynn Sedai, she explained that the Yellow pride themselves on
being able to Heal almost anything with the Power, to the point of some not really giving much attention
to methods of doing so without the use of the Power. And I respect that, immensely, but I believe
there is benefit to both... being able to Heal with the Power, and knowing what to do when you can't
for some reason. '

Aelrena's eyes dart about the yard, never staying in one place. After a moment she offers the other
Accepted her hand and a soft smile.

Sarenna takes the offered hand, returning the smile.

The day has begun.

Draz has arrived from the south.

Relena has arrived from the south.

Sarenna senses Relena connecting to the True Source.

Sarenna senses Relena is channeling saidar.

Sarenna curtseys before Relena.

Aelrena gently squeezes Sarenna's hand, before releasing it and returning her hand to the water.

Aelrena curtseys before Relena.

Relena lightly touches the forehead of Draz.

Relena leaves south.

Draz sways and collapses in a heap.

diag draz
Draz is in excellent condition.
Draz is healthy.

Aelrena says 'Are you okay, Draz Gaidin?'

Relena has arrived from the south.

Sarenna says 'Draz Gaidin, are you well?'

Wenry leaves south riding a gray palfrey.

Relena says 'I was checing corpse, I died 3n east bgs'

Relena leaves south.

***We decide to move someplace quieter to continue our discussion...***

Oval Lecture Hall
This oval lecture hall is large enough to seat a large congregation. Rows
of polished wooden benches rise up from the central floor, each row a
little higher than the previous one. A dais with an elaborately carved
chair sits before a pair of doors at the front of the hall. Wide scrollwork
runs beneath a gently domed ceiling painted with sky and white clouds.
[ obvious exits: S ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door south: doubledoors
Aelrena Solyan, Tower Accepted is standing here.
The innkeeper bustles about, helping guests into rooms.

Aelrena closes the doubledoors.

Sarenna smiles at the innkeeper.

Aelrena moves to sit on the edge of the Dais, patting the floor beside her.

Sarenna takes the offered seat. "Your thoughts on that subject?"

Aelrena says 'So, you feel that focusing solely upon the One Power is folly, then?'

Aelrena says 'That perhaps at times there will be moments that it's either useless, or does more
harm than good?'

Sarenna says 'Not folly, perhaps... who am I to question successful Sisters? But... I do believe that to
ignore potentially useful knowledge in favor of the Power is not, for me, the best idea.'

Aelrena hums quietly under her breath.

Aelrena says 'I've thought much the same in the past.'

Aelrena says 'Versatility is important.'

Aelrena nods at Sarenna.

Sarenna says 'What if I am too tired to channel, and there is an emergency? Or what if we are in a place
the Source is not available to us and someone is hurt?'

Aelrena says 'Or what if the act of healing a person would lead to their deaths.'

Sarenna says 'Yes, since it does cause such a shock to the system.'

Aelrena's tone is matter-of-fact rather than questioning as she utters the words.

Aelrena says 'You'll find times that is the case, and it's something that you should be prepared
for. Not all of the sisters focus solely upon healing with the One Power in the Yellow, but I
believe that many do.'

Aelrena says 'Is that something that would... for lack of a better term, repulse you from finding
your home among them?'

Sarenna pauses for a moment, then shakes her head. "I don't think so, no. In fact, there is a part of
me that thinks that going there, and representing another viewpoint, might be very worthwhile. But
I can easily see how I could fit into the Brown with this mindset. Or even the Blue, if I made
caring for farm animals and trying to protect the farmers livelihood my cause."

Aelrena stifles a laugh behind her hand.

Aelrena says 'Apologies, I don't laugh at your thought process, dear.'

Sarenna chuckles. "It's okay. I do, sometimes."

Aelrena says 'I was imagining the look on a Blue Sister's face if you told her you wished to care
for farm animals with your time.'

Aelrena grins evilly.

Sarenna says 'I was told that there was once a Blue Sister whose cause was the preservation of knowledge,
so she spent her time finding and restoring books.'

Sarenna says 'That sounds more Brown to me, but who can say?'

Aelrena says 'I can see where you would fit in all three, with your thought process. The Yellow for
the focus upon healing them and watching after their health. The Brown for the focus upon research
and understanding of the animals, and their health. Blue for the root concern for society and the
people that would be affected.'

Aelrena says 'Can I let you in on a secret that I've noticed?'

Sarenna nods. "Please do."
Sarenna emote: Sarenna nods. "Please do."

Aelrena glances over to her fellow Accepted, a conspiratorial smile crossing her lips for the
briefest of moments.

Aelrena says 'The Ajahs overlap more than it appears on the surface.'

Aelrena says 'There are ways they are more alike than seems readily apparent.'

Sarenna nods. "I have begun to see that, too."

Aelrena says 'Could a yellow, who is concerned for pains and hurts, not mediate an argument between
a family who accidentally hurt each other with careless words, were that required?'

Aelrena says 'Your example of a Blue is another fantastic example, in which these lines are
blurred.'

Sarenna says 'And could a Green not argue the logic, or lack thereof, of certain battlefield
strategies with a general, on a purely theoretical level, as well as any White Sister?'

Aelrena taps her nose with a finger.

Aelrena says 'There is many overlaps in the duties of the different Ajahs, and sometimes it's about
the perspective and heart of reasoning which lies at the center of a woman's desire which draws her
to an Ajah.'

Sarenna nods slowly, looking thoughtful.

Aelrena says 'The choice is as much about your desires and the reasons, as it is the women that
you'll spend the following centuries with.'

Aelrena says 'While I, of course, would love to see you find yourself apprenticed to the Brown, I
want you to find the place that you want to be in.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Aelrena says 'Does that help with your decision at all?'

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Sarenna nods. "Talking it out, and hearing the perspectives of others, always helps. So, thank you."
Sarenna emote: Sarenna nods. "Talking it out, and hearing the perspectives of others, always helps. So,
thank you."

Aelrena says 'Good, I'm glad that I could provide something which might help in your decision, and
I'm always here if you need another person to talk it out with.'

Aelrena says 'Was there anything else that you wanted to speak about or consider?'

Sarenna shakes her head. "No, thank you. I think I am firm in my choices of which Ajah are not the
right fit for me."

Aelrena stifles a laugh behind her hand.

Aelrena's expression lights up as her tone turns to teasing, "Oh? You don't think you'd fit within
the Red?"

Sarenna chuckles. "Well, while I do understand the danger that male channelers represent, and would
always do my best to help protect people against them, I do not feel that hunting them is my
calling." She nods. "Likewise, while I respect the Green, and do want to learn to defend myself and
others to a degree, I am not interested in being in the thick of battle at all times, as they seem
to be."

Aelrena says 'I can understand that. Not even woman is meant to be a Pike or a Gladius.'

Aelrena says 'every woman, that is.'

Sarenna says 'And the White... while I find their studies to be interesting, after a while, all of the
numbers and rules hurt my head.'

Aelrena says 'The Brown can be just as intense mentally at times, I will warn you ahead of time.'

Sarenna says 'But when it is thing that I am interested in, like learning about animals and their
physiology, for example, I don't have the same problem.'

Aelrena says 'For what it's worth? I think you should reach out to the Blue Ajah by mail some time
in the near future.'

Sarenna says 'Oh? Why is that, if I may ask? I mean, I can see the benefit, but what is your thinking
behind the suggestion?'

Aelrena says 'Keshara Sedai in particular has been an invaluable resource for me among that Ajah
since I first gained the ring.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna says 'That is good to know. I will keep it in mind.'

Aelrena ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Aelrena says 'Perspective helps. Knowing the women in the Ajah helps.'

Aelrena says 'As I said, these women are the ones you'll be spending much time with, they'll be your
closest sisters, the ones with whom you'll share the most secrets, the most purpose.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna says 'I like the idea of that.'

Aelrena says 'At the very least I can say that I gave you an idea.'

Aelrena winks suggestively at Sarenna.

Sarenna grins evilly.

Sarenna says 'You have given me some ideas, and food for thought, and I appreciate it.'

Aelrena stands, dusting off her banded dress before she offers her hand to her fellow Accepted.

Sarenna takes the offered hand and stands, straightening her dress as she does so.

Aelrena says 'However I can help. It's not quite the lesson I intended when I told you I'd pull you
side some time when you were a novice.'

Aelrena says 'But perhaps it's the lesson and conversation you most needed.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna says 'I think so, yes.'

Aelrena says 'Now, I've a favor to carry out for a friend, and so I will leave you here.'

Aelrena says 'But if you need anything, don't hesitate to reach out.'

Aelrena says 'No matter the circumstances, by door is open.'

Sarenna says 'Likewise. I am always happy to help if I can.'

Sarenna senses Aelrena connecting to the True Source.

Sarenna senses Aelrena is channeling saidar.

Aelrena is enveloped by a flash of bright white light, and disappears.

Ashlynn

Re: A pair of Accepted discussing one's path

Post by Ashlynn » Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:52 am

RP-Lizer: +1
Meticulous edits: +1
Length bonus: +2
Summary: +1

Awards:
Sarenna +5 qps
Aelrena +3 qps

You say 'offlineaward Sarenna 5 rpqps for accepted path rp log'

A silver-haired Aes Sedai says 'I have recorded OFFLINE RPQPS: award sarenna 5 qps accepted path rp
log'

You say 'offlineaward Aelrena 3 rpqps for accepted path rp log'

A silver-haired Aes Sedai says 'I have recorded OFFLINE RPQPS: award aelrena 3 qps accepted path rp
log'

Please say "receive" at any silver-haired Aes Sedai to receive your award.