Practicing Precise Phrasing

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Aelrena

Practicing Precise Phrasing

Post by Aelrena » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:27 am

Summary: Sarenna finds Aelrena in the Well studying, and a conversation on curtsying etiquette takes a turn as Sarenna continues on with further questions and Aelrena practices speaking as Aes Sedai.
Featuring: Sarenna and Aelrena
POV: Aelrena
*Includes minor editting for clarity and redundancy.

Sarenna has arrived from the west.

Aelrena waves.

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna curtseys before Aelrena.

Aelrena stifles a laugh behind her hand.

Aelrena says 'Worry not about my perception for now, child. So long as I still wear the banded dress I won't require you curtsy to me.'

Sarenna says 'As you prefer, Accepted. It was Chloro Sedai who told me to curtsy to anyone who was ranked above me, and also all of the Warders.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Aelrena’s lips twitch up slightly at the corners.'

Aelrena says 'Of course, I understand completely. It is often the safest course, especially if you don't wish to find yourself in Sheriam Sedai's study.'

Sarenna shivers uncomfortably.

Sarenna says 'No, once was enough.'

Aelrena says 'Some of us just merely don't find ourselves caught up on such when it's a private matter.'

Sarenna nods in agreement.

Sarenna says 'I appreciate that.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Sarenna says 'I finished the tasks for that poor ink-stained lass, so thank you again.'

Aelrena says 'Of course, I've been in your shoes. There were times I thought my knees might disconnect from all the curtsying.’

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Sarenna chuckles politely.

Aelrena says 'You're always welcome any time I have knowledge that can help you out.'

Sarenna says 'I've done everything Sheriam Sedai has for me, as well.'

Aelrena's lips twitch up slightly at the corners.'

Aelrena says 'Well done!'

Aelrena grins evilly.

Sarenna says 'I am sure it will take some more time and lessons, but I believe I have the merits to be made Accepted.'

Aelrena says 'Now, do you know in your heart what it means to be Accepted?'

Aelrena arches an eyebrow.

Sarenna says 'It means that you have chosen the Tower. You have chosen this path, this lifestyle, above any other desire.'

Aelrena's eyes dart back down to the notes arrayed before her on the floor even as she listens.

Aelrena's tone is a bit distracted as she prompts, "And what else, child?"

A scout narrates 'Call the banners! Shadowspawn sighted at The Winding Road!'

Sarenna looks thoughtful. "It also represents a certain amount of knowledge of embracing and channeling saidar, and to emulate Sisters in their behavior, and to continue to learn the lessons you will make use of as Aes Sedai."

Sarenna says 'If there is more to it than that, then I am not sure.'

Aelrena looks up as she marks down a series of numbers beneath an underlined name upon her paper.

Aelrena says 'I would not say emulating sisters in their behavior as such, that is quick way to end with yourself in the Mistress of the Novices study.'

Sarenna flinches slightly. "Ah, thank you. I didn't mean it in such a way, but I will choose my wording differently.

Aelrena says 'I would change that to something along the lines of "To aid the other Accepted in teaching the girls who comes after."'

Sarenna nods, looking thoughtful. "Thank you. I will make note of that."

Aelrena says 'Something similar on the realization that much of what it is to be Accepted, while you're allowed to guide your own studies, is also about teaching and helping foster the spark in those who are less experienced.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna says 'If I may ask, do you know which Ajah you plan to choose?'

Aelrena says 'Well, both the spark and the ability, I suppose. If you're being specific on the terminology and mean to refer to the spark only in those women with the inborn talent to channel.'

Aelrena appears thoughtful as she begins to trail off, her words dying out even as she gazes back down at the papers in front of her.

Aelrena 's tone is distracted as she asks "What was that again, child?"

Sarenna says 'Ah, I was simply wondering if you knew which Ajah you'd like to join.'

Aelrena responds in the same tone, "Oh, of course. Of course."

Sarenna says 'If I may say, and I mean this as a compliment, you remind me of the Brown sisters I've interacted with.'

Aelrena 's lips quirk up at the corners, and her umber eyes meet the novice's as she looks up from the mounds of paper about her.

Aelrena says 'I suppose that would be fitting, given my apprenticeship under Catisune Sedai, and the Brown Ajah at large.'

Aelrena says 'Have you thought of which Ajah you would like to find yourself in some day?'

Aelrena 's eyes bore into the Novice, her mouth still curved up in a faint smile.

Sarenna nods. "A bit, yes. I have not even come close to deciding. But... the ones which interest me the most, so far, are the Blue, and the Brown. Although, when I spoke to Chloro Sedai of my interest in scholarship, research, and so on... she told me it sounded more Gray than Brown to her."

Sarenna drinks water from a water skin.

Aelrena sets her quill down upon the floor, and embraces the source even as she channels a quick flow of fire and air to dry the paper before her.

Aelrena says 'I believe you'll find that every Aes Sedai is interested in recruiting young women with talent into their own Ajah, and can quickly turn any trait into one of their own cadre.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna says 'I'd assumed as much. When I explained my interest in seeing justice served, and supporting the causes of goodly people, she told me that sounded Gray, as well.'

Aelrena says 'Keep in mind, it's ultimately your OWN decision where you'll end up, and that something that you'll find in your heart, rather than your mind.'

Aelrena says 'Hmmmm, the irony that I tell you to keep it in mind while also saying it’s a decision of the heart is not lost on me.'

Sarenna says 'Yes. It's why I am trying not to overthink it. Especially at this stage of my training.'

Sarenna grins evilly.

Aelrena says 'You have time before you apprentice, you'll have to find yourself with the ring first, at the very least. But I always found it helpful myself to think about such things early. I dreamed I'd apprentice the Yellow or the Blue when I was a novice.'

Aelrena says 'Remember, many of the duties of the Ajahs DO align and overlap. There is much interconnection with the Ajahs, though it's not always readily apparent if you're not looking for it.'

Sarenna nods slowly, clearly giving this some thought.

Sarenna says 'As an experiment, next time I speak with Chloro Sedai, I might say that I've decided to devote myself to battle, tactics, strategy, and the eradication of darkfriends and shadowspawn, and see if she can tell me with a straight-face that that sounds like the Gray, as well.'

Aelrena grins evilly.

Aelrena says 'I can near promise you she will, though I would suggest you not tell a lie to an Aes Sedai.

Aelrena says 'Perhaps say you've been... considering it. Or you suppose that it would be useful.

Sarenna says 'No, I was joking, though it was in poor taste.'

Sarenna grins evilly.

Aelrena says 'Though, perhaps it is of the Gray, child.'

Aelrena says 'Are tactics and strategy not just as important when writing a treaty? Is diplomacy not a battle wielded with a quill rather than a sword?'

Aelrena says 'Is the eradication of darkfriends and shadowspawn not a fight or goal of the Tower at large?'

Aelrena's lips twitch up slightly at the corners.

Sarenna nods and smiles. "And I've seen Chloro Sedai engage shadowspawn, and I've no doubt her fireballs are as deadly as those of any Green Sister."

Aelrena idly twists the great serpent ring upon her finger with her thumb.

Aelrena says 'You might consider perhaps even more so than some.'

Aelrena says 'I've found that Chloro Sedai in particular finds herself in the Borderlands quite often.'

Aelrena says 'Perhaps it's her heritage, perhaps she has her own interests that lie outside of such.'

Sarenna says 'I have noticed that, as well.'

Aelrena shrugs her shoulders slightly.

Sarenna says 'She often responds to calls for battle against the shadowspawn.'

Aelrena says 'It's a duty of the Tower, of course.'

Aelrena says 'To stand against the Shadow, to prepare for Tarmon Gai'don and stand at the last battle as a pillar for the light.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna says 'Well, I should get some rest. Thank you for the conversation, Accepted. I hope to see you again soon.'

Aelrena frowns slightly as she looks at the novice, "Few girls could find themselves smiling when speaking of Tarmon Gai'don itself. Did you have thoughts on such?"

Sarenna says 'I will speak more on that when next we meet, and think on it, in the meantime.'

Aelrena says 'Of course. I'll be here for a while should you need anything. I've many more notes to take tonight.'

Sarenna smiles happily.

Sarenna says 'Good luck with your studies.'

Aelrena says 'Thank you, I hope you rest well.'

Sarenna says 'Thank you.'

Kennira, Caretaker of Novices helps Sarenna into her private chamber.

Chloro

Re: Practicing Precise Phrasing

Post by Chloro » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:43 am

Rplizer +1 qps : 1
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : 1
Length bonus +1-2 qps :
Summary: +1 qps : 1

Awards:
Sarenna: 3
Aelrena: 2