White Book Biography - Ashlynn

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Amilesa

White Book Biography - Ashlynn

Post by Amilesa » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:34 pm

Summary: Part two of my Whitebook series. Amilesa interviews another Aes Sedai of the Yellow Ajah, Ashlyn Sedai. It is broken up between two sessions due to running out of time, but we cleanly pick up where we left off. Ashlynn describes her childhood growing up and how it affected her finding out that she could channel and coming to Tar Valon. Then she describes her time in the Tower, some of her lessons learned, and remembered the good times with her close friends and mentors.

Corele Sedai makes a guest appearance to help Amilesa learn that the Yellow Ajah are the best dressed.

POV: Amilesa
Main: Amilesa and Ashlynn

---------------------------------------

Branching off Corridors
Snaking upwards, this broad corridor ensnares the core of the Tower. Two
corridors branch off this central hallway at a level section, leading east
and south towards two Ajah wings. Ceilings at least fifteen feet high arch
overhead, their supporting ribs fancyfully carved with a band of leaves.
The floor tiles change to the east, with increasing tones of blue.
Similarly, the multi-colored bands enclosing the pale white floor shed
their colors to the south, leaving only yellow and gold.
the Yellow Ajah's solarium.knock door south

Amilesa knocks on the door.

Ashlynn bellows 'Who is it?'

Amilesa bellows 'It is Novice Amilesa, Aes Sedai.'

Amilesa bellows 'I have brought refreshments.'

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Ashlynn bellows 'Enter'

open door south

Solarium of the Yellow Ajah
Tall, arched windows offer a view of the island of Tar Valon and the
confluence of the river Erinin beyond Southharbor, as the river starts on
its journey to Tear. Pots and plants dot the balcony outside the windows.
Chairs have been drawn up near the windows and vases containing bouquets of
of yellow flowers have been placed nearby. Several desks and clusters of
chairs have been distributed around the room, allowing for informal
discussion of Yellow Sisters' research and studies.
[ obvious exits: N ] [ N: door ]
Sumptuously upholstered, a gold brocade chaise lounge with gilded legs rests nearby.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
Ashlynn Alessandri is standing here.
A Yellow Sister glides past.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
Corele Hovian stands here with concern in her eyes.

close door north

Amilesa curtseys before her.

Ashlynn gestures at the door with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Ashlynn says 'Good morning, Child.'

Amilesa balances a cake and some tea on her way to setting it down on the desk.

Ashlynn says 'Welcome to the Solarium of the Yellow Ajah.'

Ashlynn looks at Amilesa.

Amilesa looks up from carrying the refreshments and says 'Good Morning, Ashlynn Sedai.'

Amilesa puts a cup of honeyed tea in a desk.
Amilesa puts a cup of honeyed tea in a desk.
Amilesa puts a cake with white icing in a desk.
Amilesa puts a cake with white icing in a desk.

Amilesa sets the refreshments tray aside.

Amilesa says 'Thank you for having me, Aes Sedai.'

Ashlynn daintily picks up a cup of honeyed tea from the tray of refreshments.

Ashlynn gets a cup of honeyed tea from a desk.

Ashlynn sips from the cup.

Amilesa says 'I was hoping to ask you some questions, to get to know members of the Tower better.'

Ashlynn looks at the tray of cakes, carefully considering each one, before choosing a simple cake with white icing.

Ashlynn gets a cake with white icing from a desk.

Ashlynn tastes a little bit of a cake with white icing.

Amilesa lowers her eyes briefly before returning her gaze.

Ashlynn looks around, and snaps back to the matter of hand. Her face returns to that of Aes Sedai calm and coolness, now that she has had a snack.

Amilesa says 'I plan on making a record of it, so we can look back on it in the future as a snapshot of right now.'

Ashlynn says 'I'm sorry, what was that? You want to ask me some questions, yes?'

Amilesa says 'Yes, please, Aes Sedai. I have a series of questions prepared if you have the time.'

Ashlynn nods dismissively towards Amilesa, having been through this many times before.

Ashlynn points to one of the chairs, motioning the girl to sit down.

Amilesa unstraps her book bag and pulls out a wide book with a white cover.

Ashlynn sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Amilesa dutifully takes a seat, placing her notebook in front of her.

<Amilesa loses connection and takes back control of her body. Ashlynn has some fun with it.>

Ashlynn cringes away from Amilesa.

Ashlynn says 'Are you okay, Child?'

Amilesa looks around herself, then down at her dress before nodding at the Aes Sedai.

Amilesa says 'Yes, Aes Sedai, I just need a bit of tea.'

Amilesa raises a cup of tea to her mouth and lingers on a long sip.

Ashlynn nods at Amilesa.

Amilesa says 'I would like to start with my first question. Where are you from, where did you grow up?'

Ashlynn reclines further back in her chair, touching her hand to her cheek while pondering the question.

Amilesa brandishes a quill pen in one hand and prepares herself to write.

Ashlynn says 'Where am I from? Where is anyone from? You could say I am from the White Tower, as when I put on the whites I left my old life behind.'

Ashlynn smiles at Amilesa.

Ashlynn says 'But that is not the point of the question, I am afraid.'

Ashlynn sips some of the honeyed tea.

Amilesa nods.

Ashlynn says 'I originally came to the White Tower from a small farm in Altara.'

Ashlynn says 'This is where I grew up, helping my family farm and raise livestock. '

Amilesa jots something down on a small line on the page.

Ashlynn adjusts herself in the chair, making sure she is comfortable.

Amilesa says 'Is there anything else you would like to bring up your family your younger years?''

Ashlynn says 'It was mostly uneventful. Do you want me to tell you about tilling the dirt and sowing the seeds?'

Ashlynn smiles and her eyes gain a sudden shine.

Amilesa says 'Coming from a similar background, I can fill infer a bit, Aes Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'a-ha'

Ashlynn says 'That is where I learned that I could channel.'

Ashlynn says 'At least, I did something miraculous on that farm, that I later learned was Healing.'

Amilesa grins.

Amilesa exclaims a quiet 'Oh!' before returning to her scribing.

Amilesa says 'How did you find yourself in Tar Valon?'

Amilesa says 'Do you happen to remember which Aes Sedai inducted you into the Tower?'

Ashlynn puts her hand up at the girl, motioning her to slow down.

Ashlynn says 'Let's ask one question at a time, child.'

Amilesa nods respectfully to the Aes Sedai in apology.

Ashlynn sips from the honeyed tea.

Amilesa breathes deeply for a few seconds, holding the breath in for a moment, before gently releasing it.

Ashlynn says 'I learned that I could channel, and should visit the White Tower of Tar Valon, after speaking with a local wisdom, in the village nearest to our farm.'

Ashlynn says 'Let me recount some of the events that transpired.'

Ashlynn pauses for a moment in thought about her past.

Amilesa writes in shorthand off to the side of the question, resembling the word Wisdom.

Amilesa smiles happily at the sound of of likely anecdotes.

Ashlynn says 'It was a particularly bad chain of events on the farm that year. The crop harvest was not too bad, but there was a particularly nasty strain of influenza going through our birds.'

Ashlynn says 'We raised many chickens, and some ducks.'

Ashlynn says 'Now as you may or may not know, not all birds are destined for immediate slaughter. Most of them lay eggs.'

Ashlynn smiles thinking of the delicious blue eggs her favorite hen laid.

Amilesa nods at the reasonableness of the explanation.

Ashlynn says 'When you have laying hens, you often gain an affinity or even a connection to the girls.'

Ashlynn says 'It's like a pet, or a part of your own family.'

Amilesa purses her lips as she listens to the lesson.

Ashlynn says 'I loved little Amelia so much! And suddenly she was stricken with this sickness. It was not looking good.'

Ashlynn sips from the tea.

Ashlynn says 'I was noticeably upset.'

Ashlynn says 'They often say that the first time a girl learns she can channel, it involves some great emotional situation.'

Amilesa takes a sip of the tea that she had neglected.

Amilesa takes a sip of hot, bitter tea.

Amilesa nods and makes a note further down the page.

Ashlynn says 'Well, I was so upset about my little chicken, that I unknowingly embraced saidar, and managed to clumsily weave some earth, water, and spirit that helped heal my little chicken of her afflictions.'

Ashlynn says 'It was instantaneous. Not like if your child is sick, and you go to the Wisdom and get a paste or a tea. That often takes time.'

Amilesa asks softly 'And the Chicken, it became well once more?'

Ashlynn nods at Amilesa.

Ashlynn says 'She began to produce immediately. What came next was what caused me to seek out answers for my questions.'

Ashlynn says 'Some of our other hens, the best producers, were still sick. My father told me that we might be doing a lot more foraging in the winter, or not eating at all, if something didn't happen.'

Ashlynn says 'I thought about what happened with little Amelia, and set out to see if I could recreate it.'

Amilesa dips her quill into the ink-well, a drop dripping down to her finger staining it a jet-black.

Ashlynn says 'Fortunately for us, I was able to sort of figure it out, still a clumsy weave of threads of the One Power...but I was able to cure many birds in our flock.'

Ashlynn says 'We were able to help ourselves, and the local village, as the egg production was down that year. The value soared up, but everyone was able to barter sufficiently to get their eggs, and we were able to survive the winter. '

Amilesa opens her mouth in a silent 'Ah...' as she listens to the story.

Amilesa taps the ned of the quill with the feather against her cheek a couple times when she done with the sentence.

Ashlynn smiles thinking back about it.

Ashlynn says 'I was perplexed at how this all occurred. It was so sudden. As I said, I understood how wisdoms operate. They use teas and herbs. These things take time. They are not instantaneous cures. I approached our local Wisdom, and asked about this.'

Ashlynn says 'She explained to me that there are some girls who have a gift. She couldn't really describe it well. But she mentioned Aes Sedai, and we all know the stories, right?'

Ashlynn sips from her cup of tea.

Amilesa grimaces slightly, knowing the type of stories that are told in the countryside.

Ashlynn says 'She mentioned the city of Tar Valon, and the White Tower.'

Ashlynn pauses, thinking about her past life.

Amilesa mimics the Aes Sedai and takes a sip of tea.

Ashlynn says 'I had to talk to my father about it. After all, he needed me to work on the farm.'

Amilesa momentarily glances out of the window.

Ashlynn says 'But it appeared that I had a gift that might be put to better use outside of one small chicken farm.'

Ashlynn adjusts herself in the chair, leaning back and relaxing herself.

Amilesa nods sagely, looking around the room.

Ashlynn says 'My father was upset about his little girl leaving, but he knew what I had to do. With the soaring value of eggs from that season, he was able to trade in the new plow he bought for the next season. He got quite a big of coin for it, as well as his old plow back.'

Ashlynn says 'He gave me a purse filled fat with coin, and told me that I should go to Tar Valon and seek out whoever could teach me.'

Amilesa smiles happily at the turn of fortune.

Ashlynn says 'The next leg of the journey was uneventful. I made a wrong turn and ended up in Amadicia. I unfortunately asked them about Tar Valon and got rude stares and an uneasy feeling. Fortunately, I was able to leave there quickly, and continue north through the Two Rivers, and into Andor.'

Ashlynn says 'It was in Andor that I met an Aes Sedai'

Ashlynn says 'Aishling Sedai was the woman that helped me begin my new life.'

Amilesa boggles at the thought of trying to deal with nearly found ability to channel in Amadacia.

Ashlynn says 'She inducted me into the book, and began my lessons immediately.'

Amilesa writes down the name Aishling on a line on Ashlyn's biography page.

Ashlynn looks as a servant rises and walks towards her. There is obviously a message for the Aes Sedai.

Ashlynn says 'I apologize, child, but I must take care of some things.'

Ashlynn says 'It was a pleasure talking with you. I sense that you have more questions.'

Amilesa glances over at the servant, then back to the Aes Sedai.

Amilesa says 'Of course, Aes Sedai. Thank you for your time. I will set up an appointment to finish this interview in the future.'

Ashlynn nods at Amilesa.

Amilesa rises and curtsies to the Aes Sedai who is already focused on the new business.

Amilesa tries to open a locked door.

Ashlynn says 'A ha!'

Ashlynn says 'Let me get that for you, child.'

Ashlynn gestures with her hand.
The door smoothly swings open.

Ashlynn says 'You are dismissed, my girl.'

Amilesa says 'Thank you, Aes Sedai.'

-----------------------------------------------------------------

<Later, Ashlynn Sedai is able to finish the interview>

Solarium of the Yellow Ajah
Tall, arched windows offer a view of the island of Tar Valon and the
confluence of the river Erinin beyond Southharbor, as the river starts on
its journey to Tear. Pots and plants dot the balcony outside the windows.
Chairs have been drawn up near the windows and vases containing bouquets of
of yellow flowers have been placed nearby. Several desks and clusters of
chairs have been distributed around the room, allowing for informal
discussion of Yellow Sisters' research and studies.
[ obvious exits: N ] [ N: door ]
Sumptuously upholstered, a gold brocade chaise lounge with gilded legs rests nearby.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
Ashlynn Alessandri is standing here.
A Yellow Sister glides past.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
Corele Hovian stands here with concern in her eyes.

close door north

Amilesa curtseys before her.

Ashlynn gestures at the door with her hand.

Ashlynn smiles happily.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Ashlynn sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Ashlynn gestures towards the chair, motioning you to sit.

Amilesa maneuvers to the front of the chair and sits down.

Ashlynn says 'Remind me where we left off?'

Amilesa says 'Thank you, Aes Sedai, for a chance to continue the interview.'

Amilesa quietly says to herself 'Let's see....'

Amilesa opens up a wide notebook with white cover to the first few pages, a partially fill-out page showing on top.

Amilesa summarizes 'You had just described how you discovered you could channel, poor Amelia, how you found your way to Tar Valon, and that Aishling Sedai welcomed you home.

Ashlynn says 'Oh my little chickens.'

Ashlynn says 'I loved my animals so much.'

Amilesa smiles warmly.

Ashlynn says 'In fact I forgot to mention my little calf, Princess'

Ashlynn says 'I loved Princess even more dearly than Amelia'

Amilesa moves her pen higher on the page and writes 'Princess', drawing a small crown off to the side.

Ashlynn says 'We had been having trouble with her mother. She had trouble having calves.'

Amilesa tilts her head to one side but continues to listen.

Ashlynn says 'Finally, she gave birth, but only one survived. That was Princess. She was sickly, and weak.'

Ashlynn says 'That, I think, is the first time I used the One Power. To heal that little calf. '

Ashlynn says 'It has been so long since that part of my life, and I am afraid I forgot, if only for a moment, about that event.'

Amilesa says 'Ahhh, so Princess was healed before Amelia.'

Ashlynn nods in agreement.

Amilesa says 'Taken with what I know about Wilder development, I take it these events were fairly close together?'

Ashlynn nods at Amilesa.

Ashlynn says 'Fairly close together, and the memories are jumbled a bit. After reflecting on it, after you left the other day, I realized I forgot bits and pieces. It is all very cloudy.'

Amilesa says 'As Sheriam Sedai says, 'it was another life ago.''

Ashlynn says 'I also learned a little bit from Selaana, the mysterious woman in Whitebridge. This was on my way through Andor, seeking the White Tower.'

Ashlynn says 'I encountered some trollocs here and there too, all before finally meeting Aishling Sedai and joining the White Tower.'

Ashlynn says 'Again, after reflecting, I remember some events I forgot to recount in our previous meeting.'

Amilesa says 'Fyra Sedai mentioned getting guidance from her as well, when she was selling fish to earn funds for her trip to Tar Valon.'

Amilesa says 'Feel free to bring whatever up that you wish to discuss. I am happy to hear your stories.'

Ashlynn says 'I think that is all for now. We can continue with the questions, if you would like.'

Amilesa says 'You were already well on your way onto the next question. Is there anything else you want to tell me about how you joined the Tower? Or how you acclimated?'

Ashlynn says 'Most of it is mundane. The things you are familiar with: chores, raking the paths, giving alms to the poor.'

Ashlynn says 'Assisting any travelers who need it...I worked on some tasks for Sheriam Sedai, and I worked on some tasks for other Aes Sedai.'

Amilesa nods along in complete understanding.

Amilesa says 'Are there any particular tasks you worked on for Aes Sedai that come to mind?'

Ashlynn says 'I sparred with the other girls, learning to control the One Power in battle and how to fight versus another channeler. After all, there are tainted male channelers and dreadlords in the world.'

Amilesa nods with a determined look on her face.

Ashlynn says 'As a novice, no, there are not. Mostly chores. Lots of work in the library and the kitchen. Though I did help another girl pull a prank with some itching powder.'

Ashlynn laughs softly to herself, then regains her Aes Sedai calm and coolness in an instant.

Ashlynn says 'I attended some classes taught on various subjects. One of the most interesting was Reyne Sedai's class on Traveling.'

Amilesa says 'Now THAT sounds like a story, an itching powder prank.'

Amilesa says 'I am interested in your time as an Initiate. Were there any others that you were especially close with?'

Ashlynn says 'It's been so long, I cannot remember the names of the other novices.'

Amilesa smiles in acknowledgment.

Ashlynn says 'I remember a lot more from when I was Accepted.'

Amilesa begins cleaning up some of the lettering and drying earlier sections as she listens.

Ashlynn says 'I spent about six years as a novice, before I faced the Arches test and emerged in one piece.'

Ashlynn says 'On average, a girl spends about ten years as a novice, if I remember correctly.'

Amilesa listens with a wistful look on her face.

Ashlynn says 'After becoming Accepted, I set to completing many tasks for each Ajah. Not only to help them in their missions, but to learn more about them, and most of all to practice the things that come with being a servant to all.'

Ashlynn says 'Naturally, with my experience in Healing the livestock, and learning more about what Healing is, I gravitated towards the Yellow Ajah.'

Amilesa scribbles a few notes at the bottom of the page before flipping to the next blank page.

Ashlynn pauses for a moment, thinking deeply about her experiences as an Accepted.

Ashlynn says 'I wrote a lot of reports. A LOT of reports.'

Ashlynn says 'I prepared a paper about the differences between saidin and saidar. That was one of the more enjoyable ones.'

Amilesa dips her quill in a vat of ink, preparring to write more.

Amilesa says 'Ah yes, I see that as an available task to complete by the Red Ajah.'

Ashlynn says 'I also did some research about objects that cannot be located using weaves of the One Power. That was difficult, because I had to obtain some sample items. Many were difficult to obtain.'

Ashlynn nods at Amilesa.

Ashlynn says 'There was also a time where I went to Mayene to scout for spots to set up field hospitals.'

Ashlynn says 'You may have heard about it before while reading a book, but there was a time where a group of people swore allegiance to a False Dragon, and made war on many nations in the southlands.'

Amilesa says 'That sounds like that would be a lot of work. But also satisfying, in the manner of solving several small puzzles for a single purpose.'

Amilesa says 'I have not heard that, Aes Sedai. I've been focusing on my core studies, and haven't branched out to topics like that yet.'

Ashlynn says 'It was a dark time. Many bad things happened.'

Amilesa says 'There will be more time to specialize like that if I become Accepted.'

Ashlynn frowns, thinking about the unfortunate events that occurred in the past.

Ashlynn says 'On a lighter note, there was one thing in particular that shines above all else.'

Ashlynn says 'Jenda Sedai gave a task to me and Morella Sedai when we were both still Accepted.'

Amilesa raises her eyebrow in anticipation.

Ashlynn says 'We had to create pamphlets about a few topics. Proper hygiene to prevent disease.'

Ashlynn says 'I had a lot of fun with that one. We did an impromptu performance in the Tower Square, and we distributed the pamphlets throughout the world.'

Ashlynn says 'Jenda Sedai was impressed, as we considered other facets that no other girl had thought of before, with regards to proper hygiene and combating disease. Particular the fact that waste management is an important topic to prevent disease outbreaks.'

Amilesa says 'Ah! I think I heard about that. There is a record of that in the Tower still.'

Ashlynn says 'I ought to look it up and see if I can find it.'

Ashlynn chuckles softly thinking about it.

Ashlynn says 'At some point, I requested a formal apprenticeship with the Yellow Ajah. I believe this was after about 18 years in the Tower.'

Amilesa moves her quill to her other hand and continues writing.

Ashlynn tastes a little bit of a cinnamon honeycake.

Ashlynn stretches out in the chair.

Ashlynn says 'I was received as an Apprentice with Fyra Sedai as a mentor, and began working more closely with the Yellow Sisters. Auriona Sedai and Shiva Sedai were some of the first.'

Amilesa mimics the Aes Sedai and adjusts her own seating posture.

Ashlynn says 'I worked closely with Jenda Sedai as well'

Ashlynn says 'And Fyra Sedai, I was Apprenticed to her. Did I mention her yet?'

Amilesa glances at her notebook, then shakes her head.

Amilesa says 'You have not, but I have interviewed her as well. She was a great first interview and it helped me refine my questions.'

Ashlynn takes a small glass of water from a serving tray, and takes a sip.

Ashlynn says 'So when you become an apprentice to an Ajah, you learn more about executing that particular Ajah's mission. It's also when you likely have decided which Ajah you will join.'

Amilesa nods along, the lesson making sense.

Ashlynn says 'I found I had a talent for Healing, and I believe my abilities and personality suited me best with the sisters of the Yellow Ajah.'

Ashlynn says 'So those same Sisters of the Yellow Ajah taught me more and more about Healing and all that goes with the subject.'

Ashlynn says 'I spent quite some time learning from classes, completing tasks, doing research, and writing reports.'

Amilesa says 'Did you consider any other Ajahs beyond the Yellow?'

Ashlynn says 'No, I did not.'

Amilesa nods a couple of times.

Ashlynn sips some more water from the glass.

Amilesa says 'Who would you say your mentors are? Formal and informal.'

Ashlynn says 'Then we moved on to field experience. I would go into battle, or near battle, and provide support. Whether it was Healing, or weaves that enhance strength and dexterity. It could have been as easy as making sure the soldiers had enough food and drink...'

Amilesa blushes slightly.

Ashlynn nods at Amilesa.

Ashlynn says 'I will get to that'

Ashlynn chuckles politely.

Ashlynn sips some more water.

Ashlynn says 'Or my favorite, the whole lantern debacle.'

Amilesa takes a soft, deep breath, and lets it out once more.

Ashlynn says 'See, it is important to always be prepared up north. I would even make sure everyone had a working light. Somewhere, some sister thought I was trying to brag that I was handing out lanterns!'

Amilesa 's eyes light up at the title of that event.

Ashlynn laughs softly, remembering the whole thing.

Ashlynn says 'Clearly, that was not the case. I was merely making sure everyone was prepared.'

Amilesa says 'Indeed. It is easy for a simple misunderstanding to lead to stigma. I imagine it was't an easy thing to deal with as an Accepted.'

Ashlynn says 'I worked on the intricacies of battlefield support for some time, maybe another year or two, and collaborated with another Accepted who was also a Yellow Ajah Apprentice, named Eldrenia.'

Ashlynn says 'We worked on some reports and research, and we taught a class together.'

Amilesa nods at the mention of the Eldrenia's name, having heard it before.

Ashlynn says 'After that, she was considered for the shawl, and made it. Then after her, I was considered for the shawl, and made it.'

Ashlynn says 'And that is how I arrived at Aes Sedai.'

Amilesa gives a firm nod.

Ashlynn says 'Now you asked about mentors, right?'

Amilesa nods the affirmative.

Ashlynn says 'I would say most certainly Aishling Sedai'

Ashlynn says 'She helped me navigate a lot of the White Tower, when I was still a novice. I was very new, and very overwhelmed by the thought of it all. Me, working among legendary Aes Sedai! Even if I were just raking a path, or washing their dishes.'

Amilesa says 'Frya Sedai said the same. I would have liked to have been able to meet her.'

Ashlynn says 'One thing I learned was that you need to have confidence. At first, I did not have much confidence. Can you believe that I was AFRAID to talk to an Aes Sedai?'

Ashlynn laughs to herself, finding the idea incredulous now.

Amilesa says 'I can understand where a Novice or Accepted would be intimidated by an Aes Sedai.'

Amilesa gets a sheepish look on her face.

Ashlynn says 'That's a good word to use. Intimidated.'

Ashlynn says 'Well, my advice is to not be. Easier said than done for some, I suppose'

Ashlynn says 'anyway, that is besides the point.'

Ashlynn says 'After Aishling Sedai, I would say Auriona Sedai and Jenda Sedai were other mentors to me. Especially Auriona Sedai.'

Ashlynn pauses, thinking about some of the others she worked with while an initiate of the Tower.

Amilesa says 'Are there any others Tower Mebers that you would say you are close to?'

Ashlynn says 'Now that I think about it, and you may find this true yourself, you can also find mentors in the other girls you work with. Especially the more successful ones.'

Amilesa adds 'Now that you've made it to the Shawl.'

Ashlynn says 'While novice, and accepted, I learned a lot from and by working with Kali Sedai, Morella Sedai, and Eldrenia Sedai.'

Ashlynn says 'Now this would have been when these Aes Sedai and myself were novices, or Accepted.'

Amilesa says 'Peer mentors are quite active in the Tower, I agree Aes Sedai. They are informal, but once you get to know them, some girls you learn to respect their opinion and actions enough to seek out their time.'

Ashlynn says 'We often spent time together, whether getting into mischief or collaborating on tasks.'

Ashlynn says 'And you must remember too, especially if they are advancing ahead of you, that one day they may be Aes Sedai while you are not. The relationship dynamics can change overnight.'

Amilesa says 'That would be quite an adjustment, I would think, from both parties.'

Ashlynn says 'Such was the case with all three of those women. Eldrenia Sedai too a lesser extent, since I was raised shortly after.'

Ashlynn nods at Amilesa.

Ashlynn says 'However like all things, I think those friendships can and will continue, especially after you reach the shawl.'

Amilesa raises her pen above the sheet, listening to Ashlynn Sedai's answers.

Ashlynn says 'I worked on some tasks for Kali Sedai, while I was Accepted.'

Ashlynn says 'I put together a report on the city of Illian, providing as much information as I could find.'

Ashlynn says 'I'll just add to that, it's important to foster those relationships, because you may be at those women's mercy when it is to be decided whether or not you are tested for the shawl.'

Amilesa says 'I look forward to building more relations in the future. I had a nice experience with Novice Sernna last night, that Chloro Sedai and Accepted Aelrena facilitated.'

Ashlynn stands up, and walks over to a serving tray. She takes a pitcher of cool water, and pours it into her glass. She puts the pitcher down, and walks back over to her chair, taking a seat.

Ashlynn says 'Ah, Sarenna. She is sharp as a whip'

Ashlynn says 'Or is it quick as a whip'

Amilesa says 'AH, that is how it is pronounced!'

Ashlynn says 'I forget the metaphor. You may understand what I mean. She has a good wit and intuition about her. I inducted her a few weeks ago.'

Amilesa takes out a smaller notepad to make a note.

Ashlynn says 'Much like when Etain Sedai discovered you were able to channel, I discovered the same of Sarenna.'

Amilesa says 'Sharp as a tack and quick as a whip are both sayings.'

Ashlynn says 'I will have to remember that for next time.'

Amilesa says 'Do you have a particular saying or gesture (emote) that you often use or like?'

Corele Hovian wears a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop on her arms.

Ashlynn says 'I cannot think of one that I use often, so I am going to say no.'

Ashlynn looks at Corele Hovian.

Amilesa curtseys before Corele Hovian.

Ashlynn beams a smile at Corele Hovian.

Ashlynn looks at Corele Hovian.

Corele Hovian smiles warmly.

Amilesa says 'What about you, Corele Sedai, is there a mannerism you are known for?'

Corele Hovian grins broadly.

Amilesa flips to the next blank page of her notebook to capture the notes.

Corele Hovian says 'Most recognize me by the concern in my eyes.'

Amilesa smiles warmly at the sentiment.

Corele Hovian stops using a fringed shawl embroidered with a white teardrop.

Corele Hovian wears a yellow fringed shawl on her arms.

Corele Hovian says 'This looks better, I think.'

Corele Hovian says 'What do you think, Amilesa?'

Ashlynn nods at Corele Hovian.

Amilesa says 'I think it suits you well, Corele Sedai. Good call.'

Amilesa says 'I have another question for the both of you. We can start with Corele Sedai.'

Amilesa says 'It may sound like one question, but there are two in there.'

Amilesa looks down at her notebook and reads 'How do you typically spend your time, and what do you enjoy doing?'

Ashlynn stops using a bright red robe.

Ashlynn gives a bright red robe to Corele Hovian.

Corele Hovian gives a sensuously pleated dress of pale amber silk to Ashlynn.

Ashlynn says 'That's better'

Ashlynn wears a sensuously pleated dress of pale amber silk about her body.

Ashlynn says 'Thank you sister'

Corele Hovian says 'A pleated dress has a greater value for your work, sister.'

Ashlynn says 'Something you might not know about us Yellow sisters, Amilesa, is that we know how to dress nicer than any in the land. '

Ashlynn says 'When we are not Healing, we are being fashionable.'

Corele Hovian says 'To the surprise of no one, novice, as a administrative leader in the Yellow Ajah I rarely leave these halls.'

Ashlynn says 'Or rather, we are fashionable WHILE we Heal.'

Corele Hovian says 'And, sister, there is true healing in fashion.'

Amilesa says 'I had not heard that yet, but it is becoming very apparent.'

Corele Hovian says 'As to what I enjoy--it is the acknowledgement of the completion of my duties and the recognition my sisters bring to me when they are out and about in the world'

Amilesa says 'That is understandable, Corele Sedai. Who do you typically interact with the most, outside of the Yellow Ajah?'

Corele Hovian almost overly dramatically considers this.

Corele Hovian says 'Other Aes Sedai, dear.'

Amilesa stifles a chuckle, just barely.

Ashlynn says 'Certainly Fyra and I'

Ashlynn says 'Bloody trollocs'

Amilesa says 'Of course, Corele Sedai.'

Corele Hovian seems to lose focus for a second and then her face grows stern as if she has remembered something important.

Corele Hovian says 'Forgive me, I must return to my duties.'

Amilesa says 'Same question for you Ashlynn Sedai. How do you typically spend your time, and what do you enjoy doing?'

Corele Hovian whispers something to Ashlynn.

Corele Hovian winks at Ashlynn.

Ashlynn nods at Corele Hovian.

Corele Hovian returns to her desk and seems to refocus.

Ashlynn says 'I certainly spend a lot of time in the White Tower. We all have our jobs and tasks, believe it or not. '

Amilesa flips back to Ashlynn's current page in the wide book.

Ashlynn says 'I spend a lot of time wherever the shadow lurks, as well.'

Ashlynn says 'When I'm not here, I'm probably in the borderlands.'

Amilesa nods and says 'Though it must be hard to keep up your appearance fighting in the borderlands.'

Ashlynn says 'When I'm not here or there, I'm down in the southlands. For example, just today, we found that Baerlon was taken over by forces of Seanchan, so we rendered aid to the Queen's Guard and assisted in recapturing the city.'

Ashlynn says 'Some of those things go by the wayside when you are busy with battle. Though a splash of water to clean your face is often enough in those situations. There are more important things afoot.'

Amilesa nods in agreement.

Amilesa glances at the end of the page.

Amilesa says 'My last question is fairly open-ended. So please go on until you have spoken your fill, and let me know when you are done.'

Amilesa says 'Are there any other Tower experiences or stories that come to mind that you'd like to share?'

The

Ashlynn thinks about the question for a moment.

Ashlynn says 'I do not believe so. I think I covered most of my more memorable experiences in your previous questions.'

Amilesa taps her quill against her chin a few times, then closes out Ashlynn's page.

Amilesa says 'Thank you, Ashlynn Sedai, for sitting with me for two sessions of this interview.'

Ashlynn says 'Of course my dear. I am happy to discuss my experiences with you.'

Amilesa says 'I learn a lot from hearing your stories and your experiences, Aes Sedai. And I am glad to have gotten to know you a little better.'

A servant quietly enters to deliver a report of current trolloc activity around whitebridge to Ashlyn Sedai.( Amilesa )

Ashlynn says 'Ah, what's this...It looks like I may need to go. You are dismissed child.'

Amilesa says 'Thank you again, Aes Sedai.'

Ashlynn gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Amilesa rises from her chair and cursties.
Last edited by Amilesa on Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chloro

Re: White Book Biography - Ashlynn

Post by Chloro » Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am

Rplizer +1 qps : 1
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : 1
Length bonus +1-2 qps : 2
Summary: +1 qps : 1

Awards:
Lexiane: 6
1 Bonus qp for interview skills
Ashlynn: 3

Awarded

Amilesa

Post by Amilesa » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:25 pm

Thank you Chloro Sedai for reviewing my interview of Ashlynn Sedai, and your note on my interview skills is most appreciated.

Though in your notes you mention awarding Accepted Lexiane 6 merits, so I wanted to see if she and I had gotten mixed up. The next time I see her, I'll have to examine how close in appearance I am to her.

Thank you.

Journey Accepted Amilesa

Chloro

Post by Chloro » Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:35 pm

Chloro wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:40 am
Rplizer +1 qps : 1
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : 1
Length bonus +1-2 qps : 2
Summary: +1 qps : 1

Awards: