A Novices first visit with the Grays.

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

A Novices first visit with the Grays.

Post by Chloro » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:10 am

Chloro Sedai meets with Novice Sarenna to discuss her past and her new role at the white tower.

Point of View: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Sarenna

Log session starting at 23:01:32 on Monday, 16 January 2023.

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [4]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Chloro says 'Annoura Summon Sarenna please.'

Annoura Larisen says 'I will send my scribe to summon her, Chloro.'

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Sarenna has arrived from the east.

Sarenna curtseys before you.

Chloro arches an eyebrow.

Sarenna offers a curtsy to the other Sisters present, as well.

Chloro says 'In the Tower it is customary to knock before entering.'

Sarenna says 'My apologies, Chloro Sedai. I will keep that in mind.'

Chloro says 'Thank you, we also close the door when we enter.'

Sarenna nods and turns to close the door, then turns back. "I am still getting used to some of the ways here... I was not raised with much in the way of such customs."

Chloro gracefully glides to the large round table dominating the northern part of the area and takes a seat in her high-backed chair towards the southwest. "Please have a seat, Novice."

Chloro gestures at the doors with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Sarenna says 'Thank you, Chloro Sedai.'

Sarenna takes a seat in a chair facing the high-backed chair and smooths her skirt.

Chloro brushes a stray lock of red over her right shoulder as she watches the new novice." I am indeed Chloro Sedai, however I do not believe we have meet. What is your name?"

Sarenna says 'I am Sarenna Aghrem. I was inducted by Ashlynn Sedai recently, after working with her and Gesin Sedai.'

Chloro says 'So you have meet a few of my sisters, this is good, as an initiate you will want to be as visible as possible.'

Chloro says 'From where do you hail Sarenna?'

Sarenna begins to fidget with her skirt, then catches herself and stops. "I'm from Andor, Chloro Sedai. I grew up on a farm about an hour's ride outside of Whitebridge."

Chloro peers at the girl watching her body language, cool gray eyes weighing and measuring the novice as Aes Sedai calm masks her face. "Andor is quite close to the Tower, you said an hours ride from white bridge. Would this be east or west?"

Sarenna says 'To the west. But I never went to Caemlyn until about six months ago, and this is my first time in Tar Valon.'

Sarenna says 'Whitebridge, to us, was "going to town". Otherwise, we stayed near the farms.'

Chloro smiles warmly looking out the southern window western window to see the stables below. "Indeed, seeing Tar Valon for the first time can be mind-shattering to say the least. How where you found child?"

Sarenna looks down at her lap for a moment, her hands gripping at her skirt for a moment before she catches herself again. She looks up, locking eyes with the Gray Sitter, and says, "It was an accident. One night... we had a bonfire. And there was singing and dancing, and I was so happy... I felt this warmth inside me. At first, I thought it was just the bit of wine I'd had. But it spread through me and it felt so good. But warm. And I thought to myself that it would be nice if there was a breeze to cool of air.

Sarenna takes a breath before continuing. "And suddenly there was. But it was more than a breeze. It was strong wind, and it blew embers from the bonfire into the tree line... and we ended up spending the rest of the night putting out a small forest fire. Thankfully, no one was hurt." She pauses, collecting herself before continuing. "I read stories and heard Gleemen tell of Aes Sedai. So I came looking for one. And I found Ashlynn Sedai."

Sarenna says 'She ran me through some exercises and discovered that I can channel. So, after some work with her, and with Gesin Sedai, I was enrolled as a Novice.'

Chloro nods and thinks over the many stories of first embrace she has heard over the years. "It is good no one was hurt; it is better that you sought us out. Many girls do not come till it is too late and they have hurt another. How did you feel while holding the source?"

Sarenna blushes a bit, and smiles. "Good. Really good. Almost too good." She frowns. "That scared me and is part of what drove me to seek help."

Chloro says 'Saidar is a cruel mistress, if not taught to guide it properly it will pull you under like a strong current.'

Chloro says 'How have you found the white tower since you arrived?'

Sarenna nods. "Exactly. That is how it felt. Like I was at risk of being burned away to nothing and would laugh as it happened." She smiles at the question. "I have enjoyed it so far. I am used to having a lot of chores, and I enjoy doing my part to earn my keep, so that's been no problem. And I've liked the classes I've attended so far."

Chloro smiles warmly her eyes taking in the girls features and committing them to memory. "Have you been explained your role as a Novice?"

Sarenna says 'Sheriam Sedai went over some of it, and Ashlynn Sedai some more. As it was explained to me, I am to perform chores and work to help any other Novices, Accepted, or Sisters who need it. I am to learn to work with the Source safely, and to be able to defend myself and others, and as I learn about the Tower and the Ajahs, I am to try to figure out where I belong, if in any of them.'

Chloro nods to the novice reflect on her own novice-hood, "That question some girls do not know the answer to until they are Accepted. For now, focus on being a good novice. You should put out meals in the warder rack and the city barrel to feed the poor, also offer aid to those who travel within your restrictions. To be Aes Sedai is to be a servant of all.

Sarenna smiles. "It's good that you mentioned that Chloro Sedai. No one told me to make meals and put them out in the barrel, but I have been doing so, because it seemed a good thing to do. I will make sure to place some in the rack by the Gaidin training yard, too."

Sarenna seems not to realize at first that her fingers are playing with her dress again until she looks down and forces herself to stop, again.

Chloro says 'You job as novice is also to see to the Aes Sedai as well, offering tea can go a long way towards scheduling a lesson. Many Aes Sedai are often in the tower very little, constantly traveling to aid the continent. However, many remember those that thought to ease their burden.'

Sarenna smiles and nods. "I will remember that, and endeavor to do so as often as I can."

Chloro says 'Do you have any questions for me about the tower?'

Sarenna looks thoughtful, but after a moment, shakes her head. "I am sure that I will, but right now, I don't."

Chloro says 'Very well we will close on this. When you put on novice whites you became fresh and new, any ties that bound your or events from before then are wiped clean. You must choose your path forward and make it a good one. In order to become wearied, you must be familiar with your new home, its customs, and the island. Be careful asking for advancement though. Every Accepted and Aes Sedai can tell you the road only becomes harder the higher you climb here.'

Sarenna nods slowly, clearly thinking on this as she takes it in. "Thank you, Chloro Sedai. I appreciate your time, and the knowledge you've shared."

Chloro says 'I look forward to seeing your progress, but note, I will be watching.'

Chloro gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Chloro says 'For now you are dismissed Novice, till next we meet, light illumine you.'

Sarenna stands and curtseys. "Thank you, Chloro Sedai. You as well." She heads for the door, closing it behind her as she leaves.

Sarenna leaves east. >>

The carveddoor closes quietly.

Log session ending at 23:38:16 on Monday, 16 January 2023.

Sarinda

Re: A Novices first visit with the Grays.

Post by Sarinda » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:14 am

Base: 1
Length bonus: 0
Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: 0
Summary: +1

Total:
Chloro: 3 RPQPs
Sarenna: 1 RPQPs

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.