You never know who is watching!

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

You never know who is watching!

Post by Chloro » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:50 am

Chloro Sedai calls Novice Khala in for a chat and pop quiz, later revealing that the novice's actions have not go as unnoticed as they would seem.
(Example of a Ranking Interview)

Point of View: Chloro
Participants: Chloro, Khala
Cameo: Annoura

Log session starting at 00:43:05 on Monday, 16 January 2023.

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [4]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Chloro says 'Annoura Summon Khala please'

Annoura Larisen says 'I will send a pigeon to her at once, Chloro.'

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Khala has arrived from the east.

Khala curtseys before Chloro Arovni.

Khala curtseys before Annoura Larisen.

Khala says 'Hello Chloro Sedai, Annoura Sedai.'

Khala nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'Welcome child, please have a seat.'

Chloro gestures at the doors with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Khala takes a seat in the chair opposite and smooths her white dress.

Khala sits down.

Chloro gracefully glides to her high-backed chair near the southwest of the large round table. "How have your studies been progressing since we last met?"

Khala nods in agreement.

Khala says 'They have Chloro Sedai. I am now mostly able to find the source when I reach for it! And I have.. mostly a handle on where everything is in the tower.'

Chloro lets a predatory smile illuminate her face. "Then I suppose you wouldn't be opposed to a pop quiz?"

Khala says 'Um, no I wouldn’t be opposed.'

Chloro nods and folds her hands calmly in-front of herself on the table. "Good, please relate to me who the current Amyrlin seat is?"

Khala says 'The current Amyrlin Seat is Siuan Sanche Sedai'

Chloro says 'Very good, and the Current master at Arms in the warder practice yard?'

Khala thinks for a moment.

Khala says 'I think that is Coulin Gaidin.'

Chloro says 'Correct, now we will move on to harder questions. Should I ask you to produce a weave you have permission to channel.'

Khala nods in agreement.

Chloro watches the novices body language and temperament as she continues. "Which Aes Sedai is the current Mistress of Novices?"

Khala smiles, 'Sheriam Sedai.'

Chloro says 'Where in the Tower is she located?'

Khala says 'On the.. second level, southwestern section, at the base of the ramp just before you start heading up to the third level.'

Chloro says 'Very good'

Chloro prepares herself to embrace if needed. "Produce for me the 'Armor' and 'Light ball' weaves please."

Chloro winks to her sisters about the room.

You sense Khala connecting to the True Source.

Khala says 'Upon myself?'

Chloro says 'Indeed Novice.'

Khala clambers to her feet.

You sense Khala is channeling saidar.

Khala gestures briefly at Khala, who now appears more impressive somehow.

Khala looks to one side and frowns.

Khala says 'I.. I do not know the light weave. I have always preferred to use torches and lanterns.'

Chloro nods and motions for the novice to sit and release saidar. "Being practical has saved the life of many Aes Sedai out in the field. The light ball weave is not need so long as your lantern has plenty of oil."

Khala returns to the chair and sits.

Chloro watches the novice release saidar and nods. "In your lessons have you learned of the Seven Ajahs?"

Khala says 'Yes, I have, though my studies have not gone into much more than the basics of what each does.'

Chloro says 'Tell me what you know of the Yellow Ajah?'

Khala says 'The Yellow Ajah, specializes in healing the injured.'

Chloro says 'Is Saidar required for this?'

Chloro watches the novice waiting for her answer.

Khala ponders for a moment thinking about the question and grinning as if noticing something about the question.

Khala says 'Well, as we can wield the one power, healing often involves its use, but. There are ways to heal without. So, not specifically required, I'd say.'

Khala says 'I mean I was sick once and they used willow bark to get my fever down..'

Khala says 'At least, I think it was willow bark...'

Khala shudders at the remembered taste.

Chloro nods in agreement. "Many healers in the world are able to heal with sick without channeling. However, most woman here with an extreme gift for healing seem to drift yellow. All women who channel can heal to a varying degree, even if only to cure bruises."

Khala nods in agreement.

Chloro says 'In your lessons have any Ajah's stood out in interest to you?'

Khala frowns looking down at her hands before looking back up.

Khala says 'I am not sure.'

Khala says 'I do like the idea of healing--speaking of the yellows--but I am not sure I know enough about my other options yet to fully rule them out.'

Chloro says 'A wise answer, if you were interested, I would question if you fully understood the Ajah's goals and mission. There is no reason to make this decision hastily. I know quite a few Accepted who still do not know. I have been tracking your progress though. You have been found helpful, diligent in your chores and most recently gave aid to a new Novice. What do you have to say to this? '

Khala looks a little surprised at the idea of being noticed so early.

Khala says 'I.. am not sure what to say. I did the chores as asked and tried to complete those given by Sheriam Sedai to the best of my ability. Though, I have to say, trying to find a lost ring in this tower... is somewhat like a needle in a haystack.'

Khala grins at that before realizing where she is.

Khala says 'Um.. sorry.'

Chloro says 'Indeed it does give a little challenge. Now an important question. What does being a Novice mean to you?'

Khala closes her eyes trying to think while taking a deep breath, ‘Well, when I arrived, I had thoughts of learning weave the flows to do... big workings. Instead, it’s been more of what I use to do back home, scrub, clean, make beds, and dust rooms.'

Chloro says 'How does this prepare you for advancement? Think carefully on what the words Aes Sedai mean.'

Khala says 'Well, all of the work that I have been doing here so far has been a mix of classes and hard work. Perhaps, those two are the same, in a way..'

Khala says 'I'd have to think about how they are the same, but I can somewhat see it.'

Khala ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Chloro nods and motions to the Aes Sedai about the room. "Hard work and service is needed to progress in the tower. No women wear the shawl today that has not served both our community and the world as is needed. Our lives are harder and longer than most."

Khala nods slowly in understanding.

Chloro says 'You have shown some growth since last we met, if it is enough to see the banded dress and great serpent ring only time will tell.'

Chloro says 'Sister judge the readiness of Khala to advance in the tower'

Annoura Larisen inclines her head, saying 'As you wish, Chloro Sedai.'

Annoura Larisen says 'I shall consult with Alyssa the scribe on this matter.'

Annoura Larisen leaves for a moment, then returns.

Annoura Larisen says 'khala has the potential for advancement.'

Chloro says 'Are you sure you are ready for the road ahead novice? It will be hard, and take every bit of your being to walk down.'

Khala says 'I am, Chloro Sedai.'

Chloro says 'Sister let us recognize Novice Khala'

Annoura Larisen says 'It is done.'

Chloro says 'Then take your place as a wearied novice. It is expected that you continue your studies and request lessons of as many Aes Sedai as you are able. Sending a letter (forums) is a good way to request lessons.'

Khala sits up straighter in her chair and nods.

Chloro says 'Now do you have any questions on your new role?'

Chloro narrates 'The White Tower grows in strength as Khala rises to Wearied Novice!'

Khala says 'I don't think so, at least not about my new status in the tower.'

Chloro says 'Then it is time you return to your studies. I suggest penning a few letters to Aes Sedai over the week requesting lessons. '

Chloro gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Khala nods in agreement.

Khala says 'I shall, thank you Chloro Sedai.'

Chloro says 'You are welcome Wearied Novice, Light illumine you.'

Khala curtseys before you.

Khala curtseys before Annoura Larisen.

Khala says 'Thank you, I wish you well this day.'

Khala curtseys gracefully.

Khala leaves east. >>

Chloro chuckles and looks to Annoura sharing a knowing smile between them, "Ah to be young and where we once were."

Log session ending at 01:38:19 on Monday, 16 January 2023.

Sarinda

Re: You never know who is watching!

Post by Sarinda » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:13 am

Base: 2
Length bonus: 0
Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: 0
Summary: +1

Total:
Chloro: 4 RPQPs
Khala: 2 RPQPs

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.