White Book Biography - Fyra

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Amilesa

White Book Biography - Fyra

Post by Amilesa » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:09 am

Summary: Part 1 of a series of Interviews Amilesa plans to conduct with her fellow Tower Members, called her White Book project. She wants to learn more about them, and have a snapshot to look back on.

Fyra Sedai of the Yellow Ajah agrees to sit for an interview on her background and her time in the Tower.

POV: Amilesa
Main: Amilesa and Fyra

---------------------------

Solarium of the Yellow Ajah
Tall, arched windows offer a view of the island of Tar Valon and the
confluence of the river Erinin beyond Southharbor, as the river starts on
its journey to Tear. Pots and plants dot the balcony outside the windows.
Chairs have been drawn up near the windows and vases containing bouquets of
of yellow flowers have been placed nearby. Several desks and clusters of
chairs have been distributed around the room, allowing for informal
discussion of Yellow Sisters' research and studies.
[ obvious exits: N ]
Sumptuously upholstered, a gold brocade chaise lounge with gilded legs rests nearby.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
Lady Fyra a'Lodred, a Beacon of Light and Life is standing here.
A woman with an ageless face stands here.
A Yellow Sister glides past.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
Corele Hovian stands here with concern in her eyes.

Fyra gestures at the door with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Amilesa curtseys before her.

Fyra nods in agreement.

Fyra gestures to a chair.

Amilesa says 'Thank you for agreeing to meet with me, Aes Sedai.'

Fyra says 'Of course, child.'

Fyra sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Amilesa walks behind the chair, circling it halfway before sitting.

Amilesa says 'I was hoping to learn more about those in the Tower, Aes Sedai.'

Amilesa says 'I was wondering if you would be willing to answer some Biography-like questions I have written down?'

Fyra says 'Absolutely.'

Amilesa gets a wide smile on her face right before she starts ruffling through her bag.

Fyra shifts around some papers on her desk.

Amilesa wiggles triumphantly as she gets a wide notebook bound in a white cover from her bag.

Amilesa places the book in front of her, opening it to the first page which is blank.

Amilesa smiles sheepishly at the Aes Sedai.

Amilesa says 'This is actually my first interview I'll have done, so I am still ironing out the seams.'

Fyra says 'I am honored then.'

Fyra smirks.

Amilesa says 'I will be writing down the answers when I ask Novices, Accepted, and Aes Sedai alike. So if there is something you'd like to tell me that you don't want memorialized, please whisper it to me. I'd love to hear it, but respect your privacy. '

Fyra nods in agreement.

Amilesa says 'Personally, I think it is a good way to get a snapshot of a person, that can hopefully be looked back on in the future.'

Amilesa picks up her quill pen and dabs it in a vat of jet black ink.

Amilesa says 'With the formalities out of the way, Aes Sedai, I will begin.'

Amilesa says 'First off, the general Biography questions:'

Amilesa says 'Where were you born, and grow up?'

Fyra says 'I was born in Illian, and also grew up there. '

Amilesa hovers her pen over the page, without removing her gaze from the Yellow SIster.

Amilesa nods along while she writes and says 'What can you tell me about your family? Or a brief history of your younger years?'

Fyra ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Amilesa notices the Aes Sedai's look and interjects 'If there is a question that doesn't make sense, answer it in a way that works for you. This interview is for me to learn about you and what you have to say.

Fyra says 'My father was a fisherman in Illian. I actually spent much my youth learning the fishing trade with him. We spent quite a bit of time on the docks.'

Amilesa says 'Also, specific to you being my first interview, if there is a question that doesn't make sesne or is awkward, I welcome the feedback so I can improve future interviews.'

Fyra says 'I rarely left the city. My first time out in the world was my journey to Tar Valon.'

Fyra nods at Amilesa.

Amilesa says 'That is very similar to my experience from Emond's Field. And is a great segment change to my next question.'

Amilesa says 'How did you join the Tower, is there a story there? Do you remember who did your Induction or Tour?'

Amilesa says 'Such as, how did you find out you could channel, or if an Aes Sedai found you and brought you in.'

Fyra says 'I first realized I could channel when weird things would occur around the docks while fishing. I could feel there was something. My mother recognized I had need to seek Aes Sedai in Tar Valon.'

Fyra says 'I sailed north to Whitebridge on a river boat from Illian.'

Amilesa pauses listening to the story before suddenly writing again.

Fyra says 'In Whitebridge, I met a wilder named Selaana, who taught me a little and helped me open to the source first.'

Fyra says 'I fished a little in Whitebridge, and sold my catch to fisherman there. That helped me earn some funds I needed to continue to Tar Valon.'

Amilesa nods along at the mention of making a livlihood for travel funds.

Fyra says 'When arriving in Tar Valon, it was actually Aria Sedai of the Yellow Ajah that brought me in to the tower as a novice.'

Fyra gets a cup from a small purse.

Fyra drinks water from a cup.

Fyra puts a cup in a small purse.

Amilesa glances about the room at the mention of the Yellow Sister.

Fyra smiles happily.

Fyra says 'I knew I would be a member of the Yellow Ajah from the beginning.'

Fyra says 'I always knew my talent was healing.'

Amilesa places a dot at the end of her line and looks up.

Amilesa mock-admonishes as she says 'Ah, you are jumping ahead a few questions, Aes Sedai.'

Fyra smirks.

Fyra says 'I am pretty adept at predicting.'

Amilesa says 'Joking aside, so there weren't any other Ajahs you considered down your path? Why were you so certain on the Yellow Ajah?'

Amilesa says 'That somewhat leads me to the question 'Do you have any Talents?' ROmanda Sedai said all current Yellow Sisters possess the Talent. Was that the reason you joined? A drive based on your Talent?'

Fyra says 'I developed a great talent for healing very early in the Tower. I knew that as a servant for the light, my talents would best serve in that capacity.'

Amilesa says 'Sorry, Romanda Sedai said all current Yellow Sisters possess the Talent of Healing.'

Fyra says 'Remember, novice, we are servants, first and foremost. I have a great love for healing others, so it was fortunate that was also the best way for me to serve.'

Amilesa says 'Did you have a Block on the One Power or any difficulty adjusting to the Tower?'

Fyra says 'I did not. Spending so much time in Illian, I wasn't accustomed to traveling anyway. The island confinement was an easy adjustment. '

Fyra says 'I loved to dive into my learning and was very dutiful with my studying and practicing.'

Fyra smiles a little at the memories of first arriving at the tower.

Amilesa smiles at the shared experience.

Amilesa says 'finishes her sentence with yet another question.'

Amilesa says 'Who would you say you especially close with in the Tower? Strong friends, mentors, and proteges alike.'

Fyra says 'Coming up, I was espescially close with Daina and Kali early on. In terms of my strongest mentors, I'd say Caelophlyn Sedai and Aishling Sedai. '

Fyra frowns.

Fyra says 'Unfortunately, Caelophlyn Sedai and Aishling Sedai are no longer with us.'

Amilesa frowns at the mention of the passing of Aes Sedai.

Fyra says 'My mentor when I was apprenticing with the Yellow was Hope Sedai. We had a good bond as well.'

Fyra says 'We still do today.'

Fyra smiles happily.

Amilesa says 'It sounds like you've built some strong and lasting bonds, Aes Sedai.'

Fyra nods in agreement.

Fyra says 'Indeed'

Fyra says 'I hope you are doing so as well.'

Amilesa says 'Are there any stories with them that come to mind? Or any other Tower experience or story that you'd like to share?'

Amilesa flips to the back of the page and poises herself to begin writing.

Fyra says 'As a novice, I was sent to fight horned lizards on the island while completely naked. I was sent with Daina and Cordilia. We had a great time, and after went finshing in the area. We just sat and talked for hours while fishing and relaxing. It was a fond memory for sure.'

Amilesa smiles at the image.

Fyra looks at Amilesa.

Amilesa blushes quickly.

Amilesa says 'Are there any other stories or experiences you'd like to tell, or should I move on?'

Fyra says 'You can move on.'

Fyra smiles happily.

Amilesa says 'Do you have a particular saying or gesture (emote) that you often use or like?'

Fyra smirks.

Fyra says 'Many have said, since I was a novice until now, that I tend to smirk a lot.'

Amilesa mirrors a smirk in return as she jots down her notes.

Amilesa says 'How do you enjoy spending your time, or how do you typically spend your time?'

Amilesa glances up after saying the question, not quite happy with how it sounded.

Amilesa shrugs and continues to listen to the Aes Sedai.

Fyra says 'Searching the world for those that need healing. I also like to join groups that battle some fierce enemies around the world.'

Amilesa grins in anticipation.

Amilesa says 'Is there anything else you'd like me to record in the interview notes?'

Fyra says 'I also love to explore. I enjoy finding knew things that most don't even know exist.'

Amilesa 's eyes sparkle at the mention of one of her passions.

Fyra says 'I once spent a full day AND night in Shadar Logoth, just to learn its ins and outs.'

Amilesa says 'If you enjoy that, I made an amateur report of the things you can interact with on the Island. You can find it in the Tower Library part of the forums.'

Amilesa shivers at the mention of the city.

Fyra smiles happily.

Fyra says 'I will be sure to check it out.'

Amilesa says 'Not a part of the recorded interview, but there is something I've been charged to work on personally. In that end, I would like to hear what being a Servant of All means to you? '

Fyra says 'It means you strive to serve the light, and those that work in it above all else. But it goes even deeper than that...'

Fyra says 'It means you serve without prejudice. You serve without pretense.'

Amilesa nods along in agreement.

Fyra says 'I would risk my life to heal a fisherman in Illian, or a noble from Tear.'

Fyra says 'We are here to serve the light, indiscriminately.'

Amilesa says 'Thank you, Aes Sedai, I appreciate the candor.'

Fyra says 'If we have a certain talent, it is not sued for our own power or prestige.'

Fyra says 'It is used to serve.'

Fyra smiles happily.

Fyra says 'If that nswers your question well enough.'

Amilesa says 'It does, Aes Sedai. I merely wanted to hear the same thing I've been thinking from other perspectives. Especially from those who live it.'

Fyra nods at Amilesa.

Amilesa says 'With that, your interview is concluded. I'll post the log on our RP forums and archive your answers in my notebook.'

Fyra smiles happily.

Fyra nods in agreement.

Fyra says 'If you have anything else you need from me novice, feel free to reach out.'

Amilesa says 'Thank you for being my first. I really enjoyed learning more about you. Do you have any feedback for me?'

Fyra says 'I felt your interview was done tact and professionalism.'

Fyra clambers to her feet.

Amilesa follows the Aes Sedai's lead and raises from her chair.

Fyra says 'Is there anything else?'

Amilesa says 'Thank you, Aes Sedai. No, you answered all my questions.'

Fyra says 'Then you are dismissed, child.'

Fyra smiles happily.

Amilesa curtseys before her.

Fyra gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Continuing Down the Hall
Doors painted with a different flower line the length of the corridor and a
large pair of matching doors to the south stand between this hallway and
the Yellow Ajah's solarium. The pale white floor tiles have been inlaid
with a gilded flame of Tar Valon. Mirrored perfectly on the east and west
walls are vases with yellow and white roses and above each vase, a
magnificent picture of a woman wearing a yellow shawl.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
A young girl in a plain white dress stands here.
A woman with an ageless face stands here.

Sarinda

Re: White Book Biography - Fyra

Post by Sarinda » Thu Jan 19, 2023 6:12 am

This was an enjoyable read, and a neat prompt for a scene! Thank you for sharing.

Base: 2
Length bonus: 0
Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: 0
Summary: +1

Total:
Amilesa: 4 RPQPs
Fyra: 2 RPQPs

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.