Of Whiskey and Wine. Tales of the Brown part 19

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

Of Whiskey and Wine. Tales of the Brown part 19

Post by Chloro » Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:24 am

In the latest installment, Chloro joins the mix to provide a way of smuggling Callesa behind enemy lines. Will Callese be strong enough? Will Chloro's wit out pace the enemy? Stay tuned and find out as Tales of the Brown continue.

Pov: Chloro
Participant Callesa
Cameo: Druken fool

Log session starting at 08:56:35 on Saturday, 10 December 2022.

Tavern of the Dancing Cow
The sound of music and laughter fills the air of the tavern. A house
lengthen bar is located before the east wall and drinks and food is served
there. Sounds of cursing and celebrating echoes from the northern part of
the tavern, where many gamblers seem to have gathered. Next to a sizzling
hot oven hangs a blackened sign.
[ obvious exits: W ]
Zone: Maradon
A stout wooden barrel stands nearby.
An oven stands here, radiating a dry heat.
Lady Callesa the Honored Sister is standing here.
A ratter is here, hunting shadoweyes.
Old Donwald, retired cavalry captain sips his ale.
A merchant guard eyes you warily, intent on keeping order.
A merchant guard eyes you warily, intent on keeping order.
A bartender serves customers with a greedy smile.

Chloro scans the room as she enters through the door, it had been some time since she walked the streets of Maradon.

Callesa glances at the woman in the door and quickly finishes her conversation with a local.

Callesa says 'Thank you, Master Torevan, I will keep your advice on mind, and visit as soon as my duties allow.'

Callesa smiles at the man, as he replies, "It will be an honor, Aes Sedai."

Callesa looks at you.

Callesa calls: "Over here!"

Callesa buys a cinnamon honeycake.

Callesa eats a cinnamon honeycake.

Chloro moves gracefully through the half drunken crowd and tables stopping at the bar offering a warm smile to the barkeep. "Double whiskey on the rocks and charge it to our account." With a deft hand she rolls her knuckles on the bar letting her great serpent ring glitter in the candlelight.

Callesa smiles warmly at Chloro

Chloro smiles amused as the man practically jumps out of his skin pulling down the good glass and pouring the drink. With a grateful nod she moves through the tables once more headed to Callesa.

Callesa says 'Bartender, a glass of Murandy wine for me. '

Callesa nods at a bartender.

Callesa says 'I was surprised to learn you were in the city, Sister. I thought your duties in the Tower would keep you there for decades to come'

Chloro pulls back a chair and takes her perch upon it looking to her sister before taking a sip of the whiskey. "Ah they stock from Kandor, I will have to tip them well. It is good to see you Callesa, long has it been since you made your where abouts known."

Callesa nods in agreement.

Callesa says 'I find a certain ignorance of my whereabouts makes my work easier. Fewer unpleasant encounters, fewer people suddenly unwilling to talk, fewer items gone missing just before my visit... you get the idea.'

Callesa says 'Not that I'd suspect you of any meddling in my affairs, Sister, but we both know that secrets spread to thin among too many people tend to leak.
A drunken fool has arrived from the west.

Chloro says 'I decided to take on a civil case up here, normally I would have declined but it turns out the farm wives actually had the dispute over an Angreal. I do understand the idea and I can see the appeal. '

Callesa arches an eyebrow.

Callesa says 'An Angreal? Hmm, are those farmer wives by chance able to use it, or do they just appreciate the design? '

Callesa sips her wine.

A drunken fool leaves west. <<

Chloro says 'It is quite a story. It seems two generations ago one of our sisters may have met her demise during a trolloc raid on the northern farm outposts. A young soldier found what remained of her possessions, with it was a crystalline ring that he took home to his sweetheart. It has been passed down since. '

Chloro says 'Neither of the women possess the spark or the ability to learn. One could take that as a pity or boon depending on how they look at it.'

Callesa says 'A sweet story, Sister. Nevertheless, such an object needs to be returned to the Tower, and of course catalogued properly and stored under the care of the Brown Ajah, ideally.'

Callesa nods at you.

Callesa shrugs helplessly.

Callesa says 'I am just surprised they didn't sell it. The recent growth of the Kandori Merchant Guild seems to inspire the inner businesswoman or businessman in so many people!'

Chloro says 'I am interested on what brings you so far north though. Last, we meet you had apprehended the leader of a Angreal bootlegging scheme.'

Callesa says 'Oh, I got my hands on one end of the smuggling chain. But I am still looking for the source, for the person sending them.'

Callesa says 'I suspect a Taraboner Ahndrin Felore, a smuggler and bandit leader, to be either the person, or at least not far from the source.'

Callesa says 'But his whereabouts escape me.'

Callesa frowns.

Callesa ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Callesa says 'As much as it hurts to admit it, I am really finding a certain difficulty in searching Tarabon and Tanchico.'

Chloro nods taking another sip of the whiskey feeling the burn as it trickles down her throat. "As much as I do not like t say it. If they are smuggling angreal and are capable of using them. Either they were trained or still reside within in our walls. We may not admit it to the lower ranks, but we all know what could be among us."

Callesa says 'People are scared, Seanchan are everywhere. If not physically, then at least always in the thoughts and fears.'

Callesa nods at you.

Callesa says 'Yes, last we talked, we were discussing some suspicious interests among our initiates. As I was away, have you progressed in that investigation, Sister? Or has your raising become a wall between you and their trust?'
Callesa smiles at you.

Chloro says 'I cannot ferret any of them to participate in this, however you may have lost an agent on the outside. Niesra has been allowed to take on the whites again. Last I knew she still resides as a novice.'

Callesa says 'Franky, I was out of the loop in all that chaos around her, I am no Blue after all.'

Callesa sighs loudly.

Chloro says 'A distant cousin and quite old actually I believe she knew Adaire Sedai and she was taken from the tower long ago.'

Callesa says 'Sister, you Grays have a strong network. Would you happen to have any means to get me inside Tanchico? You know what I mean. I walk there, and the information is still hidden. The tongues are tied, and people don't know whether to hide from me, or just run towards the Seanchan for a sack of gold.'

Callesa nods at you.

Chloro says 'I may be able to get you in. However, I am not sure you will appreciate what would need to be done for you to stay there.'

Callesa nods shortly.

Callesa says 'As long as I stay within the Oaths and don't get collared, I think I am ready.'

Chloro says 'Even I have had to change appearance once or twice investigating a girl taken by them. We shall have to make you nearly unrecognizable.

Callesa smiles lightly: "Well, if I need to cover those few gray hairs, I won't mind"

Callesa says 'Did you manage to find her?'

Chloro chuckles and takes another sip of her drink. After her face turns grim remembering loss. "I nearly managed to get her out, though I suppose what happened may have been her second-best option. A platoon of Children raided the outpost she was being held at. It took 20 arrows for them to put her down, but she will be on a leash no more."

Callesa's face darkens with anger for a few seconds.

Callesa says 'You are correct, Sister. It is not the end we'd wish for anyone, but better than staying leashed indeed.'

Chloro looks lost in thought, "Such a loss to us, she could have rivaled my strength on day with proper training."

Callesa comforts you.

Callesa says 'Yes, a great loss. '

Callesa says 'How did you escape getting noticed? You must have been at a serious risk of capture during your mission.'

Chloro says 'That is one thing you must remember. If you do not embrace, they lack the ability to sense the talent in others. They force woman to drink forkroot to find more of us. Avoid the forkroot and you will survive.'

Callesa nods at you.

Callesa says 'I will. It will be like working with my right hand tied behind my back, but possible.'

Callesa says 'I'll need to hide my ageless face too. Perhaps being perceived as too old might save me some suspicion or testing.'

Chloro says 'If you want to survive unleashed then you will do what is needed. We are very unsuccessful at rescue once they find out what we are. They haul you onto a ship and set sail for the continent in the west.'

Callesa nods at you.

Callesa says 'Indeed. I spent weeks trying to find a way to mask our ability. No ter'angreal in the Tower, at least not one with a defined function, seems to serve.'

Chloro says 'I think having the appearance of Aiel with light skin tone put them off them off me. However, I traveled with Tarina of the red. She stood no chance and did not listen to reason. They found her the second day and before I could act, she was ship bound. '

Callesa swears: #@*"*&^$%@*&!!!!!!

Callesa says 'I liked Tarina, but she was always a bit rash, like most Reds.'

Callesa says 'It will be painful for us all to face her in battle. Our only hope might be her sul'dam actually being less experienced and skilled than her, not using her to the fullest.'

Callesa says 'Well, with my usual Two River looks, I need to bet on being unnoticed in the crowd.'

Chloro says 'The girl we went after was a soft spot for her. She was also of Arad Doman like Tarina, no training we give offers a buffer to seeing your homeland invaded and potentials from it turned against you.'

Callesa nods at you.

Callesa says 'Yes, her pain deserves our sympathy, but her lack of self-control does not. We were trained for more.'

Callesa says 'Chloro, how precise are they at locating the Spark?'

Callesa says 'From the reports on their testing, it looks like they are good at seeing the Spark in a crowd of non channelers. But if there are many in the room, how good are they at telling whether the Spark they see isn't one of their own?'

Callesa thinks hard.

Chloro stops mid raise of her glass looking Callesa directly in the eyes. "From what I can tell, they do not even know the spark exists. However, I do have a theory, the Damane are ones with the spark or have channeled for the first time and the Sul'dam are those that can learn to channel. I cannot prove it yet but that is my inclination.

Callesa nods at you.

Callesa says 'Yes, it makes sense, Sister. More than imagining a sort of a new class of latent channelers.'

Callesa says 'Let's hope they really cannot sense me, unless I get rash like Tarina and channel'

Chloro says 'Their weaving is crude however the damane are far stronger than their spark should allow. Perhaps the collar is a way to link of some sort. When embraced both women have the nimbus.'

Callesa nods at you.

Callesa says 'I've recently learnt of a Prophecy not mentioned in the Tower records. At least not any official ones I could consult.'

Callesa nods at you.

Callesa says 'Gitara Moroso, while still an Accepted, pronounced a Prophecy, that might be about the a'dam'

Callesa says 'The sea will bring the silver chains, a fruit of a Talent long lost, fear the gift of Deain without the Oaths'

Chloro arcs an eyebrow. "That is a name I have not heard since before gaining the shawl."

Callesa says 'The silver chains from the sea, that's probably the a'dam.'

Callesa says 'a Talent long lost, that is ter'angreal creation, as a'dam, no matter how disgusting it is to admit it, is one.'

Callesa says 'But I found no clues to Deain without the Oaths yet, but I believe she will be discovered in time. Prophecies are always tricky to interpret.'

Chloro says 'Unless they transcribed it wrong, and she meant Dealin without the oaths. I have not heard that name before.'

Callesa says 'Dealin, I do not know of either.'

Chloro chuckles politely.

Chloro says 'It is slang the young ones use for dealing.'

Callesa says 'I think the transcription is correct, the person informing me paid a high price for having witnessed this Prophecy.'

Callesa says 'Dealing? I seem to me out of touch with the young ones of our days. After all, I am not one anymore.'

Callesa grins at you.

Chloro says 'Then perhaps we have more to prepare for than the last battle. Or will it be fought on two fronts?'

Callesa says 'I expect the Last Battle to surprise us in many ways. And all will be in line with all the Prophecies in the hindsight'

Callesa says 'Nevertheless, what do I need to get started with our plan, Chloro?'

Chloro taps her finger on her glass for a moment.

Chloro says 'You should return to the Tower soon. I have what is needed there. Be prepared though, when next you face a mirror after this you may not believe what you see.'

Callesa says 'Good. I will arrange my ride to Tanchico just after that. I hope your contacts there will be ready for what is to come.'

Chloro says 'I will arrange the ride to avoid you coming into conflict with the oaths.'

Callesa says 'Thank you, Sister, that is much appreciated.'

Chloro says 'What you do not know you cannot give false truths about.'

Callesa says 'I will leave now, to get to the Tower soon. Need to run some errands on the way, to not let my other work rot in my absence.'

Chloro nods offering a warm smile. "I should secure my new find in the tower as well. Verin will be pleased.

Callesa says 'I wish you success in your dealing with the farmers and am looking forward to welcoming the Angreal in our collection again.'

Callesa peers closely at you. Guard your secrets carefully...

Callesa says 'Indeed.'

Callesa says 'May the Light protect you on your travels, Sister.'

Chloro says 'Before we meet again. Consider were you plan to travel. There is no going back.'

Callesa says 'I know the way back won't be easy. But I will try to make it worth it.'

Chloro rises gracefully throwing down a pouch of crowns as the barmaid makes her way over.

You sense Callesa connecting to the True Source.

You sense Callesa is channeling saidar.

Callesa is enveloped by a flash of bright white light and disappears.

Log session ending at 09:54:48 on Saturday, 10 December 2022.

Sarinda

Re: Of Whiskey and Wine. Tales of the Brown part 19

Post by Sarinda » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:24 am

Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: +1
Length bonus: +1
Summary: +1
Holidaze Bonus: x2

Total:
Callesa: 5 x 2 = 10 RPQPs
Chloro: 3 x 2 = 6 RPQPs

Sarinda

Re: Of Whiskey and Wine. Tales of the Brown part 19

Post by Sarinda » Fri Dec 16, 2022 12:37 pm

Callesa was kind enough to reach out and point out that due to my clerical error, I have accidentally reversed these rewards. Because Chloro did the editing, summary, and posting, the rewards should have been as follows:

Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: +1
Length bonus: +1
Summary: +1
Holidaze Bonus: x2

Total:
Chloro: 5 x 2 = 10 RPQPs
Callesa: 3 x 2 = 6 RPQPs

After discussing with Callesa, I have taken the following actions:
(1) Awarded Chloro an additional 4 RPQPs using the silver-haired Aes Sedai
(2) Docked Callesa 4 QPs while she and I were both available.