Tending the Roses

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Chloro

Tending the Roses

Post by Chloro » Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:59 am

A small impromptu lesson and introduction for Sarja to the Gray Ajah.

Point of View: Chloro
Participants: Sarja, Nymyrya
Cameo: Annoura

Log session starting at 21:35:10 on Monday, 28 November 2022.
Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [4]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A young girl in a plain white dress stands here.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Chloro gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Nymyrya has arrived from the east.

Nymyrya closes the carveddoor.

Nymyrya keeps her back straight and deftly dips into a low curtsy.

Nymyrya says 'The tea, you requested, Chloro Sedai.'

Nymyrya opens a large round table.

Nymyrya puts a cup of strong black tea in a large round table.

Nymyrya puts a cup of mint and cloudberry tea in a large round table.

Nymyrya puts a cup of honeyed tea in a large round table.

Chloro smiles warmly as she stokes the fire to take the chill of the room. "Ah good, please have a seat we will have another in a moment Accepted."

Nymyrya dips her chin slightly, nodding in acknowledgment.

Chloro says 'Annoura summon Sarja please.'

Annoura Larisen says 'I will send my scribe to summon her, Chloro.'

Nymyrya perches herself stiffly on the edge of a chair.

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Sarja has arrived from the east.

Sarja curtseys gracefully.

Chloro arch's her eyebrow.

Sarja stands beside the doorway after entering, waiting to be acknowledged.

Chloro says 'I will forgive the manners as you know to curtsey. However, from now on when summoned by an Aes Sedai be sure to knock before entering.'

Sarja nods, "Thank you, Aes Sedai. I apologize. My haste made me forget my manners."

Chloro moves to the large table taking her seat in a high-backed chair motioning for the novice to also sit. "Come Child, I do not believe we have met yet."

Chloro gestures at the doors with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Sarja sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Nymyrya looks at Sarja.

Nymyrya smiles, twisting the scar on her face.

Sarja says 'My name is Sarja and I am from Andor. I have recently come to the Tower and am starting to learn about the Tower and my lessons.'

Chloro waves her hand towards the middle of the table where tea is sitting. "Please take some and warm yourself Sarja. I am Chloro Sedai of the Gray Ajah. A pleasure to meet you."

Sarja smiles. She had been holding herself upright, attentive on best behaviors. She reaches out and pours a half a cup of tea slowly. "Thank you, Aes Sedai. It has been a privilege to meet everyone I have met in the Tower so far. I would not have believed it possible to be here a year ago."

Sarja glances to Nymyrya and then down to her tea, sipping a little.

Chloro says 'We all have been in your shoes once, some of us longer ago than others. Accepted please introduce yourself.'

Nymyrya allows a small smile before making her face impassive again.

Nymyrya says 'Pleased to meet you, Sarja of Andor. I am Nymyrya la'Muera, of Tarabon.'

Nymyrya lowers her head in customary greeting.

Sarja smiles to Nymyrya,"It is a pleasure for me as well. It is wonderful to meet an Accepted." She nods her head in greeting, mirroring Nymyrya's gesture.

Chloro says 'Please enlighten us on your past Sarja, what did you do before coming here, and how were you found.'

Nymyrya gets a cup of strong black tea from a large round table.

Nymyrya grabs a cup of strong black tea.

Sarja speaks, occasionally reflecting her thoughts down to her tea and continuing. "I am originally from Outer Caemlyn, where my family had a small shop. I spent most of my time there and considered it a second home. I still sometimes imagine my feet on the carpet and hear my family's footsteps in it." She pauses, then continues, "We also had a small farm, where I loved working and being outdoors. I am told something about a farm too here at the Tower, which I would love to go to at some point."

Nymyrya widens her eyes slightly at the mention of the farm.

Sarja takes a sip of the tea, clearly warming herself and enjoying it. "I left home a few years ago. A mild family disagreement, but it showed me I needed to make my way into the world. And since then, I noticed a few oddities: snatches of conversation too loud when they should not have been, almost as if I was eavesdropping, and also events going my way more often than they should."

Sarja says 'It was almost as if I was making those strange happenings occur. I came to the Tower and was tested. And have been learning here since.'

Chloro takes on a face of Aes Sedai calm the warm smile remaining "I can assure you the farm we have is not where you wish to end up. It is a place of last chance before someone is removed from being an initiate in training. I do however understand missing home. I was the daughter of a black smith and waited tables before starting this path."

Sarja looks startled at the differences in farm from what she was thinking.

Nymyrya manages to hide her expression behind the porcelain cup as she takes a sip of tea.

Sarja smiles and says,"I have tried a bit of black smithing and working the metal was incredibly enjoyable, to craft and create. Unfortunately, I cannot say I was very good at it. But to see and do was an experience."

Chloro says 'Tell me child. What have you learned since coming here?'

Sarja says 'I have learned about each of the Ajahs from the Sisters. They have also given lessons. I have learned about many events, from the Age of Legends, the Breaking, Guiare Amalasan, Artur Hawkwing, the Compact of Ten Nations...so many events that they have explained with their knowledge. I have also practiced embracing the Power with Sheriam Sedai. And of course, some work around the Tower in the library, for Sheriam Sedai, and in the kitchens to empty my mind of its worries while I learn.'

Sarja takes another sip of tea and glances politely to Nymyrya.

Chloro says 'What can you tell me of the Gray Ajah, Sarja.'

Sarja says 'The Gray Ajah exists to create the accord for the future of humankind. With every squabble, we waste precious resources - life and its gifts - that could enrich us and also fight the Shadow. The Gray Ajah exists, in my mind, to create accord amongst people and help us reach our potential in that manner.'

Sarja shifts in her seat,"It was eloquently explained by the Sisters here."

Chloro nods thinking over her response. "That is the Goal of the White Tower as a whole. The Gray Ajah fights against the shadow on the political field. Many serve as Royal Advisors, Judges, and Mediators."

Chloro says 'We seek to keep the nations in peace and to ready the south to ride north in the Last battle to give humanity a chance of surviving.'

Sarja rests her tea on her lap, "It must take great wisdom to serve in those positions."

Chloro says 'Indeed, though one could say it takes great wisdom to become Aes Sedai. Though Gray sisters may not be as flashy as others. Listen, be still, observe and you often know more than those interacting.'

Chloro says 'Has any of the Ajah's sparked your interest Sarja?'

Sarja nods in agreement, "I have heard similar things from people I have respected for their wisdom."

Nymyrya does her best to disguise her curious expression by taking a sip of tea.

Sarja purses her lips and corrugates her forehead mildly, "I do love my time in the Tower. I think, though, that I need to be in the world working on causes. The times I have committed to something more than myself are the times I have been most.... complete and at my potential. I was thinking of the Blue Ajah."

Sarja smiles again, noting her statement's idiosyncrasy, "Although all the Ajahs are committed to causes..."

Chloro notes and looks off to the southeast. "My sisters in the Blue would be eager to hear this, however, remember you have no time requirement to choose. Learn all, then make your choice."

Sarja adjusts her position in the seat, "Thank you, Aes Sedai." She pauses, contemplating, "I am learning so much, I feel that it will be a good amount of time as I learn more and digest it all to make my decision. For now, I am absorbing as much as possible."

Chloro says 'That is good to hear, I believe for now you should return to your studies. I will call on you again in time. It takes a tower to raise a woman to the shawl. Remember that always.'

Nymyrya sets down her cup.

Chloro says 'You are free to go Sarja. Be known though, I will be watching.'

Sarja pauses and seems to digest Chloro Sedai's last statements. "Thank you, Aes Sedai. I am privileged to be here and realize how much effort is being put into my training. Thank you for the tea, your time, and your advice, Aes Sedai." She stands and curtsies. She turns to Nymyrya,"It was a pleasure to meet you, Accepted."

Sarja clambers to her feet.

Sarja leaves east. >>

Chloro gestures at the doors with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Nymyrya looks after the Novice with a sentimental expression.

Chloro looks to the Accepted." Your thoughts Nymyrya?"

Nymyrya lets out a small sigh before saying, "I have many, Aes Sedai, though I'm unsure which are prudent for the conversation."

Chloro says 'All I believe. You may talk freely.'

Nymyrya thinks before speaking, "She seems young for this world, and sheltered. I was aware of her before she joined the Tower. She struggled a great deal with the harshness of this world. I fear the White Tower appeared to her as a beacon of Light and behind it's walls, safety."

Nymyrya says 'I also fear I may be projecting too much of what I feel are my own shortcomings on to her. Despite the adversity she faces, she appears willing to put forth the effort to overcome them.'

Nymyrya says 'I believe if this world were to destroy her, it would have done so already. I am thoroughly impressed with her responses to your questions. Honestly, I wouldn't believe you if you said mine were better.'

Chloro nods and looks understandingly. "You are at the stage now where you must learn to develop the talent that is sent to us by the world. Not all come in as masters of battle. Many come young and unskilled in the world."

Nymyrya says 'As you know, Aes Sedai, my background is somewhat... different than others. I was hoping to take her out into the forest on the island and teach her some survival skills. Tracking, fishing, hunting, things of that sort. Skill with the power is important yes, but survival is... much more than that.'

Chloro says 'I would like to see you take a somewhat greater interest in the development of the Novices and journeymen. Before we can spar we must first learn to weave. Remember that as you continue in your lessons. Every woman that is raised to the shawl is a blight against the shadow.'

Nymyrya says 'As you say, Aes Sedai. Thank you for allowing me to observe your meeting.'

Chloro says 'As stated to the novice. I will be watching. You are free to return to your studies for now. Remember, roses bloom if they are tended well.'

Nymyrya keeps her back straight and deftly dips into a low curtsy.

Nymyrya leaves east. >>

The carveddoor closes quietly.

Chloro looks to Annoura, "I pray they are ready when the time comes, the blight stirs and the weather begins to faulter, the time may be closer than any of us thinks."
Log session ending at 22:24:26 on Monday, 28 November 2022.

Sarinda

Re: Tending the Roses

Post by Sarinda » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:18 am

Rplizer: +1
Extra meticulous edit: +1
Length bonus: +1
Summary: +1

Total:
Chloro: 5 RPQPs
Nymyrya: 3 RPQPs
Sarja: 3 RPQPs