Penzei Sedai training Novice Elspeth

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
elspeth

Penzei Sedai training Novice Elspeth

Post by elspeth » Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:29 pm

Summary: Elspeth requesting training on Healing weaves from Penzei Sedai. She is curious on healing while in combat, healing potency and efficiency charts available, and if the Yellow Ajah have extra potency casting healing weaves.

POV: Elspeth
Characters: Penzei, Elspeth

----------------------

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Solarium of the Yellow Ajah
Tall, arched windows offer a view of the island of Tar Valon and the
confluence of the river Erinin beyond Southharbor, as the river starts on
its journey to Tear. Pots and plants dot the balcony outside the windows.
Chairs have been drawn up near the windows and vases containing bouquets of
of yellow flowers have been placed nearby. Several desks and clusters of
chairs have been distributed around the room, allowing for informal
discussion of Yellow Sisters' research and studies.
[ obvious exits: N ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door north: door

Sumptuously upholstered, a gold brocade chaise lounge with gilded legs rests nearby.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table.
Penzei Perets is sitting here on a chaise lounge.
A young girl in a plain white dress stands here.
A Brown Sister is here, frowning pensively.
A warder stands nearby, calm yet poised to leap into battle.
A Yellow Sister glides past.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
Corele Hovian stands here with concern in her eyes.

Elspeth curtseys before her.

Penzei gestures at the door with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Penzei says 'Greetings Dear, How may I help you ?'

Penzei reclines luxuriously on the gold chaise lounge.

Elspeth says 'Greetings Penzei Sedai, I would like to get training and more knowledge in Healing spells'

Elspeth says 'I have 3 initial questions, but hopeful to learn anything else in addition.'

Penzei says 'Please, ask your questions'

Penzei motions towards the nearby oak chair.

Elspeth sits in the oak chair

Elspeth says 'Can any of the healing spells be cast while either you or your target are engaged in combat?
Are there charts or research available to see the efficiency levels of the various heal
spells and do the Yellow Ajah have more potential to heal more than other Ajahs, simply for being in the Yellow Ajah?'

Penzei says 'Well, that's alot to approach in one breath, lets see if we can break this down alittle
bit.'

Elspeth nods and takes a deep breath after talking so long

Penzei says 'So to answer the first part of your question, You may infact weave healing onto someone while fighting, however and this is a big however, they have to remain still in order for it to complete.'

Penzei says 'Basically stated, they cannot be fighting or so engaged to receive healing even though you can be'

Elspeth says 'so to ensure I understand correctly, I can be engaged and heal, but my target for the heal can not be engaged?'

Penzei says 'That is correct, you may begin the weave but if they become engaged, then they cannot receive healing'

Penzei says 'Also, cure status weaves require you to be unengaged because of the concentration they require to remove specific issues, such as blindness, poison, fear or contagions.'

Elspeth nods in agreement.

Penzei says 'Shouldn't you be writing this down dear ?'

Elspeth jots down notes

Penzei grins slightly at the mention.

Elspeth underlines a newly written section

Penzei says 'SO, continuing on, there is no chart I am aware of that compares the individual healing weaves'

Penzei shifts on the lounger to a more erect posture.

Penzei says 'However, and this is a big however, applied healing is sometimes better than no healing at all'

Elspeth ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Elspeth stops taking notes and ponders the statement

Elspeth says 'applied healing? I'm not familiar with the term.'

Penzei says 'For example, the direct heal weave itself, can take someone from the brink of death back to fighting in one weave.'

Penzei says 'But the cost and the time it costs makes it VERY ineffective in direct combat.'

Penzei says 'So your left with the other three weaves, Cure light wounds, Cure Serious Wounds and Cure Critical Wounds'

Elspeth says 'so unless you are dedicated to healing, and not in combat yourself, you wouldn't use that spell. If I understand correctly.'

Penzei says 'That is correct'

Elspeth continues making notes

Penzei says 'On a side note, why do you keep referring to weaving as a spell, this isn't some common parlor trick, My dear'

Penzei says 'We WEAVE reality into motion'

Elspeth says 'my apologies, just a bad habit I need to rid myself on from working in Lugard for so long. I picked up many bad language habits there.'

Penzei subdues a slight giggle at the mention.

Penzei says 'Lugard, huh? '

Elspeth circles a newly made note

Penzei says 'Kinda a rough town despite the amount of coin that traverses it's streets'

Elspeth says 'I worked in the trade markets'

Penzei says 'Curious, tell me your thoughts on the operation there ?'

Penzei reclines once more, taking up as much of the lounger as she can while she listens.

Elspeth says 'from a ledger perspective, a lot of money and gear flows through market. Usually not with the best of intentions, if you understand my meaning.'

Penzei says 'Oh I'm perfectly aware of the laundering activities that go on, but continue'

Elspeth says 'from a logistics stand point, it's not bad. Other nations may consider their own version with their own controls'

Penzei says 'Fair to say I suppose, let us turn our attention back to the matter at hand'

Elspeth says 'the overhead of running such a system is low, making room for a lot of profit.'

Penzei says 'SO, then we are left with three healing weaves, Cure Light Wounds, Cure Serious Wounds and Cure Critical Wounds'

Penzei says 'and as you can imagine they operate just how they sound'

Penzei says 'the shortest of them being cure light wounds and the longest Cure Critical'

Elspeth says 'without charts, are the general potency of each fairly well known?'

Penzei says 'Two uses of Cure Critical weaves is enough to bring even the most injured person back to fighting order, but the time it takes to weave it is long... like warding yourself against
damage.'

Penzei says 'and Cure Light Wounds is incredible fast and easy to use... but lacks the punch of the
stronger weaves'

Elspeth draws a line from one section of notes to another

Penzei says 'Cure Serious is somewhere in the middle of both'

Penzei says 'As far as efficiency goes, I would offer, they are all very close in GENERAL efficiency but in practice the best healing weaves are the ones that actually get through.'

Penzei says 'So if you choose one of the more powerful weaves, then you have to be very choosey about when you choose to weave them'

Penzei says 'where you maybe be able to slip a few cure light wounds in between engagements'

Penzei says 'you'd have to really time it right to use the others'

Elspeth says 'makes sense, thank you for that clarification.'

Penzei says 'Do you know any healing weaves right now ?'

Elspeth says 'I just recently retrained myself for some specific research and have not retrained on any of the healing weaves yet.'

Elspeth says 'with exception to Cure light wounds, to help my research partner recover from weakened fireballs'

Penzei says 'Well, I would offer that you don't need to be of the Yellow Ajah to be 'better' at
healing, there are quite a few Aes Sedai that train the healing arts. Chloro Sedai regularly uses
Cure Critical in her travels, while many other Aes Sedai prefer Cure Light'

Penzei says 'You can imagine we are not the most well armored opponents of the shadow and it is not always wise to be in direct combat for us, therefore healing those that do the heavy lifting comes in handy ALOT'

Elspeth says 'Understood, so while the Yellow Ajah are in general more familiar with the concepts of healing, there is not a particular potency gain to the spells hidden with secrets only available to the Yellow or anything like that.'

Elspeth says 'err weaves'

Elspeth bonks herself

Penzei says 'We are the best trained in the healing arts yes, all of us have extensive training in
healing via the One Power and even traditional methods of healing, such as what the wisdoms use.'

Penzei says 'Was there anything more you would like to ask me, dear ?'

Elspeth says 'not at this time, Penzei Sedai. Thank you so much for your time and patience with me.'

Penzei says 'Ofcourse, Dear, please feel free to call upon me when available '

Penzei gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Elspeth is already standing.

Raeza

Re: Penzei Sedai training Novice Elspeth

Post by Raeza » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:37 pm

Awarded:

Elspeth - 4 rpqps (2 + 2 for editing)
Penzei - 2 rpqps

You may 'receive' them at a silver-haired sister.