An Accepted discussing her future at the White Tower

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Nymyrya

An Accepted discussing her future at the White Tower

Post by Nymyrya » Tue Sep 27, 2022 3:54 pm

Summary: Nymyrya discusses her future at the White Tower with Sarinda Sedai

Characters: Sarinda, Ruby, Nymyrya

rp-lizer and editing

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Continuing Down the Hall
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors

Nymyrya knocks on the carveddoor.

An intricate system of locks begin to move releasing the heavy wooden door.

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.
Sarinda's voice can be heard through the door, 'Release the One Power and enter.'

Den of the Red Ajah
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors

A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Sarinda din Rovan, Elder Sister is resting here on a stout oaken chair.
A Green Sister struts about the halls.
A Red Sister stares down here nose here.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Red Sister stares down here nose here.
Galina Casban completely ignores you.

Nymyrya keeps her back straight and deftly dips in to a low curtsy.

Sarinda looks up from some papers at her desk and nods.

Sarinda stops resting, and clambers on her feet.

Nymyrya senses Sarinda connecting to the True Source.

Sarinda gestures and the door creaks and closes slowly.

Sarinda sits down and rests on a stout oaken chair.

Sarinda motions to the other chair. 'If it pleases the Light, Accepted, take a seat.'

Sarinda says 'How have your studies been going, Nymyrya?'

Nymyrya perches herself stiffly on the edge of a chair.

Nymyrya says 'Very well, Aes Sedai. I managed to collect some data for you on the Earthquake weave,
however several of my documents were... unfortunately destroyed during my research of the Fireball
weave.'

Nymyrya frowns.

Sarinda winces.

Sarinda nods in agreement.

Sarinda says 'That is unfortunate to hear, but I am pleased to hear you have been working on the
task.'

Sarinda looks at Nymyrya.

Nymyrya says 'It is unfortunate I have nothing to show you, but my preliminary findings are that the
weave does approximately 32 damage on average, Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda says 'That is generally in line with my experience with it so far.'

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, what can I do for you tonight, Nymyrya? You said you wished
to meet?'

Nymyrya says stiffly, 'Yes Aes Sedai, I would like to discuss with you my future as an Accepted here at
the Tower, if it pleases Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda smiles knowingly.

Nymyrya sits up very straight, lifts her chin up high and puffs out her chest.

Sarinda pulls out a small stack of papers from the desk in response.

Nymyrya takes a deep breath as though she was about to speak, then quiets.

Sarinda says 'I had compiled a few notes before you joined me. Your time in the White Tower has had
its ups and downs, has it not?'

Nymyrya says 'It has, Aes Sedai. I have had many opportunities to... learn here at the Tower, Aes Sedai.
One may call them errors, and they would not be incorrect, but it is my belief that an error is only
a mistake if one does not learn from it.'

Nymyrya purses her lips slightly.

Nymyrya says 'Thankfully, not all of my lessons here have been associated with failure, Aes Sedai.'

Nymyrya nods to herself. Very reassuring.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, child, I agree that we all make mistakes and can learn from
them.'

A tense warder bellows 'The criminal, Patter, has been spotted!'

Sarinda says 'I appreciate that when you have made mistakes, you have been candid about them, and
have not shied away from accepting your penances.'

Sarinda frowns.

Nymyrya glares at the door.

Sarinda mutters to herself in complete disgust.

Sarinda says 'He will not be able to come in here. I have the door warded.'

Nymyrya nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda says 'What do you think are some of your greatest achievements yet?'

Nymyrya looks down for a moment, ponderously.

Nymyrya says 'I was quite proud of the map I gave you, Aes Sedai. Until I saw some of the work that
others have submitted here, which was... humbling to say the least.'

Sarinda tilts her head. 'We all have our own talents, our own Talents, Nymyrya. Look to others for
inspiration, certainly, and let them push you to grow through their comraderie. But if it pleases
the Light, focus on your own benchmark when assessing whether you are growing or not, and how
quickly.'

Nymyrya says 'I will say, a few of my proudest moments were putting down the Darkfriend Male Channeler
Axxye, with Valkner Gaidin and several citizens in defense of the Tower. Another would be the growth
demonstrated when we were assaulted by the Darkfriend, Cera, in the Waste. She herself admitted I
have become more formidable in my time here.'

Sarinda's face darkens.

Sarinda nods decisively.

Sarinda says 'That reminds me...'

Sarinda rummages through a few papers.

Sarinda says 'liveaward Nymyrya 1 qps for bringing the darkfriend Axxye to justice'

A silver-haired Aes Sedai says 'As you command, Sarinda Sedai. I will now award LIVE QPS.'

A silver-haired Aes Sedai says 'It is done.'

Nymyrya bows her head deeply.

Sarinda says 'I realize that I had not awarded you for that, yet.'

Nymyrya says 'My thanks, Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda says 'So, you have shown dedication to using your training in the Tower to bringing
criminals to heel, and Darkfriends especially. This pleases me.'

Sarinda says 'You have also worked on several tasks for me, some as penances for mistakes you have
made, and others to enhance your control over saidar.'

Nymyrya nods at her.

Nymyrya says 'I would say something, if I may, Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda motions for you to continue. 'Yes, please.'

Nymyrya says 'I take no great pleasure in putting down the rabid dogs, but it is not something I am
entirely unfamiliar with. Watching a man grow sick with the taint until he could no longer be
trusted with the lives of his companions was commonplace in the Dragonsworn. They will accept any
man who is not already ruined by the taint, but soon or late, they all are. I find peace in the
quiet that comes after the violence, and the task appears to suit me. We cannot all be healers and
historians, Aes Sedai.'

Nymyrya punctuates her words with a stiff nod.

Sarinda's ageless face is stoic.

Sarinda leans back in her chair, contemplating something.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, Nymyrya, you seem to share many of the values that I and my
Sisters in the Red do.'

Sarinda says 'And I do appreciate that your personal experience with the Dragonsworn provides you
with unique perspective.'

Sarinda says 'As an Accepted, one of your primary tasks is to pursue more advanced training with all
of the Ajahs, and to begin to narrow down your interests so your future in the Tower becomes
clearer.'

Nymyrya nods at her.

Sarinda says 'To date, which Ajahs do you think might be a suitable fit for you, based on what you
know about yourself so far?'

Nymyrya says placidly, 'The Gray, the White, and the Red,' placing an emphasis on the last '...Aes
Sedai.'

Sarinda says 'Tell me about why for each of them, in the order you listed, if it pleases the Light.'

Nymyrya says 'First, I considered the White as in essence I view myself as one that seeks the truth.
Absolute, objective truth.'

Nymyrya says 'In that same consideration, the Gray came to mind. I appreciate the rigid, objective
structure of Law, Treaty, and National boundary. That being said, this would probably be the last
place to find objective truth. All of these things are constructs, agreements made by humans,
illusory and open to argument and interpretation.'

Nymyrya squirms uncomfortably for a moment.

Sarinda interjects with a smirk, 'And humans, it seems, can be rather unreliable.'

Nymyrya says 'While I appreciate the black and white nature of such agreements, the very thought of
arguing those interpretations with those of questionable critical thinking abilities is...
repulsive. Forgive me Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda chuckles politely.

Sarinda says 'Perhaps it would be prudent, then, to not dedicate the next few centuries of your life
to such debates and discussions.'

Nymyrya says 'Perhaps it would be, Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda says 'I see that you have met with Raeza and Chloro to discuss some of these topics.'

Nymyrya purses her lips slightly.

Nymyrya nods at her.

Nymyrya says 'I have, Aes Sedai, spoken with Chloro Sedai..." clears her throat "... on the nature of
some specific borders that are relevant to Accepted."'

Sarinda's ageless face is stoic.

Sarinda says 'I think that brings us back to your point about learning from your mistakes, child.'

Sarinda says 'See that the lesson remains...memorable.'

Nymyrya nods grimly.

Sarinda pauses, skimming a line in her reports. 'Have you met at all with any of the Yellow Ajah,
Accepted?'

Ruby arrives from a flash of bright white light.

Ruby blinks her eyes innocently.

Sarinda grins evilly.

Sarinda stops resting, and clambers on her feet.

Nymyrya says 'I have not, Aes Sedai. Not when she was an Aes Sedai, anyway.'

Sarinda greets Ruby with a light kiss on her cheek.

Nymyrya curtseys before Ruby.

Ruby greets Sarinda with a light kiss on her cheek.

Sarinda grins, 'Trying to make an entrance, Sister?'

Sarinda sits down and rests on a stout oaken chair.

Ruby says 'Oh hello there. Sorry if I've interrupted.'

Ruby sits down and rests on a stout oaken chair.

Sarinda says 'We were just discussing Nymyrya's future in the Tower, if it pleases the Light.'

Nymyrya sits back down, stiffly, on the edge of the chair.

Ruby says 'Oh, how exciting!'

Ruby leans forward in her chair.

Sarinda pauses, shifting slightly in her seat. 'I have not heard that you have any Talent in
Healing, but I did see mention from Raeza here that your time in the Arches was
particularly...unusual.'

Nymyrya says 'I am not particularly skilled in healing, Aes Sedai. I had to leave that poor herbalist,
Janric, stranded in the spine while I sought another Accepted to heal him.'

Nymyrya sucks dry air through her teeth.

Sarinda says 'We do not speak about it, by custom. But I would encourage you to meet with Penzei, or
another Yellow, at some point to discuss the event. Just to make sure that there were no lasting
consequences of the ter'angreal...mishap.'

Sarinda draws down her thin eyebrows into a frown.

Nymyrya says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. The experience was... unsettling. I feared for some time I may be trapped
between worlds for eternity.'

Nymyrya laughs for a moment, in an effort to mask her discomfort.

Sarinda maintains the Aes Sedai calm on her face, but does shift in her seat, sharing a look with
Ruby.

Ruby taps her chin thoughtfully.

Nymyrya says 'I have spent a good deal of time with Penzei Sedai, though truth be told, we did not
discuss the Yellow Ajah.'

Nymyrya says 'And most of it was before she was raised to the shawl, Aes Sedai. However, I will heed your
suggestion and meet with her at her earliest convenience.'

Nymyrya taps her cheek and says, 'Curious none of them have asked about my scar...'

Nymyrya narrows her eyes slightly.

Sarinda looks at Nymyrya.

Ruby looks at Nymyrya.

Ruby says 'Hmm.'

Sarinda nods slowly. 'Perhaps a good topic to have with her, as well, although I doubt that can be
Healed. The wave that has passed cannot be called back.'

Sarinda says 'Now, before Ruby made her entrance, you were just saying that you found the White,
Gray, and Red Ajahs the most suitable for your interests, but had some qualms about the White and
Gray so far.'

Nymyrya nods at her.

Nymyrya says 'The White, Aes Sedai. I do consider myself, essentially, one that seeks the truth.'

Nymyrya says 'Truth, which likely means a different thing to each person you might ask. And the answer is
fairly complex for me. And not just truth, but peace. I find that absolute, objective truth, is one
of the rarest things in this world. However, it is not something I care to debate at great length,
or to be lead out of by the brutal bondage of beautiful language.'

Sarinda says 'So, tell me about the Red Ajah, then, and your thoughts on it.'

Nymyrya traces a finger down her scar for a moment, "The only objective truth I have found in this life
is violence. In one form or another. The only peace I have found comes after that violence. It does
not please me. It does not bring me joy. I believe it is fact. Unpleasant or not, it is necessary.'

Ruby frowns.

Sarinda nods sadly. 'You have endured and experienced some losses, and a great deal of violence,
from what you have shared before.'

Ruby whispers something to Sarinda.

Nymyrya says 'These, vile creatures. Darkfriends, the Children, Invaders... and those men. Though I do
not hate them, I don't believe them born sick, but once the taint has destroyed their humanity they
are nothing more than rabid dogs... They create turmoil. They rob, not just me, but all of us-- of
peace. The most valuable thing any of us can have. '

Galina Casban rolls her eyes...sheesh!..

Galina Casban says 'Tell me about it.'

Sarinda nods sympathetically with Galina.

Sarinda says 'Do you think of the Red Ajahs as peacekeepers, then?'

Nymyrya says 'No, Aes Sedai. Not exactly. I would not diminish the purpose of the Red Ajah to that of a
city watch breaking up a bar fight.'

Sarinda says 'What would you say the purpose of the Red Ajah is?'

Nymyrya says 'I believe I have been educated on the stated purpose of the Red Ajah, to prevent misuse of
the one power and to neutralize the men that would touch it. If I misunderstand I beg you to correct
me.'

Nymyrya casts her eyes down, submissively.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, Nymyrya, go deeper. Why is this our purpose? Why does it
matter?'

Ruby leans back in her chair, crossing her hands in her lap.

Nymyrya says 'Forgive me Aes Sedai, I have not been in the Tower and the histories are vast. But if you'll
indulge me...'

Nymyrya says 'In the Second Age, Aes Sedai were capable of wonders, miracles even. We can still see the
buildings they created with the one power. If the stories could be believed they could heal the dead
and fly like birds in the sky. '

Nymyrya says 'It boggles the mind, and lies beyond my comprehension what one could achieve with the power
at that time. But it is my belief they grew overconfident, they overreached. Perhaps they believed
themselves Gods amongst men. It matters not. In their hubris, they released the Dark One from his
prison. '

Sarinda's face darkens.

Nymyrya says 'Aes Sedai did this...'

Sarinda nods, motioning for you to continue.

Nymyrya says 'And when the the consequences of their actions became evident, they overreached again. In
their foolhardy attempt to seal the Dark One back in his prison, only the men at least were foolish
enough to participate in this endeavor-- thinking they could match the creator with their
power-- he lashed out and tainted Saidin. Sealing the fate of all men who can channel and setting in
to motion the events that would lead to the Breaking of the World.'

Nymyrya mumbles something about pointlessly gendering the Dark One...

Ruby says 'That's quite the detailed history you've given.'

Nymyrya says 'This is not a tavern brawl... it is not the peace of a village. It is the peace and safety
of humankind as we know it. And what the Red Ajah defends against is not some drunkard, it is the
evil of the dark one himself, and the hubris of those channelers who might think themselves a match
for the creator and break the world all over again.'

Ruby says 'If you were to distill all of that into one sentence, what would you say is the reason
the Red Ajah takes as its duty to prevent the misuse of the One Power?'

Sarinda nods at Ruby.

Nymyrya says 'The Red Ajah takes as its duty to prevent the misuse of the One Power to prevent a second
breaking of the world. If it pleases, Aes Sedai.'

Ruby smiles encouragingly.

Sarinda stops using the Rod of Skies.

Sarinda flashes a wolfish grin.

Sarinda grabs the Rod of Skies.

Nymyrya smiles broadly, baring her teeth.

Sarinda says 'Clearly, Accepted, you have put a great deal of thought into the Red Ajah.'

Nymyrya nods in acknowledgment.

Sarinda says 'I find your answer pleasing. We do not merely stop those who abuse the One Power
because it needs to happen, or because of the dangers they pose. Some day, the Last Battle will
arrive, and we need to ensure that there is enough of the world remaining to survive and usher in
the next Age.'

Nymyrya nods thoughtfully.

Sarinda says 'Of all the threats in the world, those with the ability to channel the One Power
likely pose the greatest risk to ruining everything, to jeopardizing the safety and harmony of the
world.'

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, how committed are you to pursuing the Red Ajah, formally? Are
you still considering your options, or do you think you have come to a conclusion?'

Nymyrya says 'If I were to choose, I would absolutely choose the Red Ajah. Every time Aes Sedai. It is my
belief that rather than making choices, however, that the Wheel chooses for us, and this choice was
made a long time ago by powers far beyond mine or my comprehension.'

Nymyrya says 'Additionally, I am determined to be of service to the Red Ajah, in any capacity it finds
suitable for me.'

Sarinda smiles warmly.

Sarinda says 'Then I offer this following advice.'

Nymyrya listens intently.

Sarinda says 'For now, I would suggest that you seek out some of the other Red Sisters whom you have
not met with yet, to learn more about us and give them an opportunity to inquire about you
themselves. If and when you feel ready to pursue apprenticeship formally, send a letter to the Red
Ajah as a whole, briefly describing what brought you to that decision. I would also include some
details about the days of the week and times that you are more often awake.'

Nymyrya gives a stiff nod.

Sarinda says 'As you are contemplating, I will also caution you that our standards are high, and the
requisites for the apprenticeship are very demanding.'

Nymyrya says 'Absolutely, Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, I mean this not to intimidate or to boast. But for the
reasons you shared, and more, we cannot accept a Red sister into our Ajah who does not meet minimal
qualifications in both social (RP) and combat (PK) skills.'

Sarinda says 'The part that may take you the most time is that you would be required to personally
kill, and turn in the heads with proof of log, five renowned enemies. These can include Fades,
Dreadlords, damane, or any channeler warranted by Tar Valon.'

Nymyrya says 'I understand, Aes Sedai. I have heard rumor that a certain apprentice was asked to acquire
the trophies of five Dreadlords. My intention is to rise to any challenge presented me.'

Nymyrya makes her face impassive.

Nymyrya says 'I would consider it a privelege to be of service in this capacity, Aes Sedai.'

Sarinda says 'If you do formally submit a letter requesting apprenticeship, we Reds will confer
amongst ourselves. We may give additional tasks before accepting your petition, as a trial of sorts,
if we think it would be important or necessary.'

Sarinda says 'While you wait to meet with other Aes Sedai, I would encourage you to dedicate more
time to sparring as well, against Accepted or Aes Sedai, and take time to review and post your logs
so you can learn from them.'

Nymyrya says 'I look forward to our next sparring session, Aes Sedai. I hope to be more of a challenge
for you this time.'

Sarinda says 'Learning to defeat channelers will require you to hone your skills even more.'

Sarinda says 'As do I, Accepted.'

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, do you have any additional questions at this time?'

Nymyrya says 'I do not. Thank you, Sarinda Sedai.'

Sarinda says 'May the Light illumine you, and see you safe to your journey's end.'

Sarinda gestures with her hand.

Nymyrya keeps her back straight and deftly dips in to a low curtsy.

The door smoothly swings open.

Nymyrya says 'May the Creator shelter you, Aes Sedai'

Raeza

Re: An Accepted discussing her future at the White Tower

Post by Raeza » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:26 pm

Awarded:

Nymyrya - 5 rpqps (3 + 2 for editing)
Sarinda - 3 rpqps
Ruby - 1 rpqp

You may 'receive' them at a silver-haired sister.