Everesta says 'It is okay, I am sorry that you wish to join the White Ajah, Accepted.'

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Lexiane

Everesta says 'It is okay, I am sorry that you wish to join the White Ajah, Accepted.'

Post by Lexiane » Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:31 pm

Summary: Lexiane interviews Everesta on what qualities the Gray Ajah seeks to foster in apprentices

Characters: Lexiane, Everesta

Rp-lizer and light editing

In the Cluttered Office
[ obvious exits: W ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door west: officedoor
Everesta do Alinye a'Covin is standing here.
Staring down her nose a scribe performs her duties here.
A ballot box records votes here.
A tactician's clerk tallies fallen enemies here.
A treasurer stands here, managing the clan coffers.
A short, plump woman stands here, ready to record accomplishments.
An ink-stained Novice grinds oak galls, sniffing miserably.

Everesta looks at Lexiane.

Lexiane barges in, breathless.

The officedoor closes quietly.

Lexiane curtseys before Everesta.

Lexiane says 'Hello, Aes Sedai!'

Lexiane says 'I hope you are well, Aes Sedai!'

Everesta says 'Hello Accepted.'

Lexiane gulps at the air.

Everesta says 'What business do you have in a cluttered office?'

Lexiane says 'I apologize, Aes Sedai, I was running when I heard you were in the office.'

Lexiane pants.

Lexiane says 'I came to see you, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'You are breathing very dramatically, child.'

Everesta looks at Lexiane.

Lexiane takes a long, loud, and deep breath.

Everesta says 'Is it intentional?'

Lexiane exhales slowly, attempting to slow her heart rate.

Lexiane says 'No, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'I ran here when I heard you were here, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'One should always breathe intentionally, Accepted.'

Lexiane says 'Yes, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'Though our bodies breathe for us, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'What can I help you with?'

A treasurer says 'I will take deposits of 100 or 1000 gold crowns and store them for the clan.'
An ink-stained Novice stops rubbing her ink-stained fingers and looks up excitedly.

A treasurer says 'Councillors can SAY AUTHORIZE NAME WITHDRAWAL to authorize the withdrawl of 250 gold crowns by NAME.'

A treasurer says 'Those who believe they have been authorized for withdrawal can SAY WITHDRAW COFFER.'

A treasurer says 'I will then verify you have received authorization and give you the 250 gold crowns if so.'

An ink-stained Novice says 'Yes! I desperately need help if I am ever to finish this awful batch of ink. There is just so much to do...'

Lexiane says 'Ah.'

A treasurer says 'As a word of warning, the clan can go into debt.'

Everesta moves about the cluttered office with care to avoid the loud shouting of the treasurer in her ears.

A treasurer says 'You can also give any rare to me and I will deposit its worth into the clan coffers.'

An ink-stained Novice sighs loudly.

Lexiane says 'Do you have time for an interview, Aes Sedai?'

A treasurer says 'SAY WORTH if you want to hear more.'

A treasurer says 'SAY LIST TALLY to get the most recent total tally.'

An ink-stained Novice says 'Truly, Everesta, you wish to help? I just can't do everything they expect me to!'

Lexiane coughs loudly.

An ink-stained Novice sighs loudly while pitifully staring at her ink-soaked dress.

An ink-stained Novice says 'Lots of the other girls have teased me about helping but if you will really retrieve ingredients for me then just say so and we can begin.'

Lexiane mutters to herself about an ink-stained Novice.

Everesta says 'Are you interviewing me?'

Everesta says 'I have time for this, I think.'

Lexiane says 'Perhaps we could go somewhere quiet?'

Lexiane now follows Everesta.

Everesta says 'I prefer rooms full of shouting, but if you prefer quiet I will appease you.'

Everesta says 'exit please.'

The office door opens with a slow creak.

Lexiane eyes the loud novice and the louder treasurer.

Everesta and Lexiane travel to the Gray Ajah's meeting room.

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
[ obvious exits: E ]
Door east: door
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

Everesta nods in agreement.

Lexiane says 'I find quiet is more useful for interviews, Aes Sedai. Though I also do some of my best thinking in loud places, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta closes the carveddoor.

Lexiane says 'Why, once I received the dress and the ring I visited many taverns to see what they were like, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'I found that they were excellent places to think, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'The gift of unrequested insight is often found in chaos.'

Lexiane nods her shaved head in agreement.

Lexiane says 'They are loud and busy and people do not bother you when you are alone, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'But perhaps you were finding more thoughts in the cup and not the bar?'

Everesta says 'As long as you look alone on purpose.'

Everesta seems to consider that thought a second before nodding to Annoura.

Lexiane smiles happily.

Everesta whispers something to Annoura Larisen.

Lexiane says 'But, Aes Sedai, if I may.'

Lexiane gets a fine quill pen from a belt pack.

Lexiane gets a sheet of paper from a belt pack.

Everesta says 'Annoura, we need more chairs.'

Lexiane grabs a fine quill pen.

Annoura Larisen glances around the room.

Annoura Larisen says 'Yes, it does appear we are short a few for this meeting.'

Everesta says 'Let us set up some chairs so the table has value.'

Annoura Larisen steps out, then returns with an Accepted following close behind.

Annoura Larisen looks over her shoulder at the girl.

Everesta considers your stance as you loom over the table.

Annoura Larisen says 'Child, help us move some of these chairs around the table.'

A dutiful Accepted curtseys gracefully. 'Yes, Aes Sedai.'

A dutiful Accepted grabs a chair and quickly moves across the room.

A dutiful Accepted drops a stout oaken chair.

A dutiful Accepted makes her way towards another and shuffles it into place.

Lexiane coughs loudly.

Meeting Room of the Gray Ajah
Large, leaded glass windows surround the room on all sides, save the
southern where a large doorway leads out into a antechamber. The room
itself is dominated by a large wooden table around which sits at least
fifty matching chairs, something close to a record for the White Tower. In
the middle of the table are an assortment of unused parchments, quill pens
and stoppered ink jars. A small stand off to one side of the room holds a
large number of glass cups and a large pitcher of chilled water. An
inscription in fine lettering is etched upon the windows.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
A large round table built from black oak dominates the center of the room.
An Accepted stands here, ready to fulfill any Aes Sedai request.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Gray Sister walks here, considering her options.
Annoura Larisen is here, weighing your words.

A dutiful Accepted avoids making eye contact as she lifts another chair.

A dutiful Accepted gets a last chair and sets it with the others around a large table.

A dutiful Accepted dips into a final curtsy and leaves with haste.

Lexiane says 'May I sit, Aes Sedai?'

Lexiane says 'Or shall I stand?'

Lexiane chews her lip.

Everesta says 'Whichever you think will help you here.'

Everesta moves across from where you loiter and slides into a chair.

Everesta sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Lexiane chews her lip in thought once more.

Lexiane says 'I am not quite sure which is better for the rules of interviews, Aes Sedai. I think sitting would make you more comfortable? Perhaps that is best.'

Lexiane sit down on a stout oaken chair.

Lexiane plops down.

Lexiane says 'Well, thank you for agreeing to be interviewed, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane takes on a professional drone and says, 'Do you consent to be interviewed and for your responses to be recorded in my notes, Aes Sedai?'

Everesta says 'It has been some time since I received your letter and longer still since I looked to see if you followed-up.'

Everesta says 'Did you follow up?'

Lexiane says 'I believe I am following up now, Aes Sedai. I cannot recall if I wrote another letter then, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'I have had lots of correspondence and many books to read, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta nods at Lexiane.

Lexiane says 'But the question of consent...?'

Everesta says 'Yes, paraphrases and explicit quotes I will consent to, but I may want to review summaries should you choose to use those.'

Everesta says 'Also I prefer direct quotes as they are often the most valuable and can be taken out of context ruthlessly.'

Lexiane says 'I shall transcribe the meeting exactly as it happens, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'Now, the purpose of this interview is to better understand what the Gray Ajah looks for in Accepted and what qualities the Gray Ajah seeks to foster in Accepted that apprentice to them.'

Lexiane continues in her overly formal tone, 'First question, Aes Sedai. What qualities do you seek to foster in Accepted?'

Everesta says 'For my curiosity, to what end are you looking to better understand what the Grays for?'

Lexiane cocks her head.

Lexiane says 'As I indicated in my letter, Aes Sedai, this is a task given to me by Raeza Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'Raeza Sedai is an Aes Sedai of the White Ajah, if you were not aware.'

Everesta says 'Thank you for that information, it is valuable.'

Everesta smiles dully.

Lexiane says 'She tasked me with speaking to every Ajah, though she has since amended it to only needing a total of four Ajahs, to learn about what they seek to foster in Accepted who apprentice there.'

Lexiane says 'Additionally, I am also interested in finding out why I would be a bad fit for each of these Ajahs.'

Lexiane says 'To date, I have interviewed Aes Sedai from the Red Ajah, the Brown Ajah, and the Yellow Ajah.'

Lexiane says 'Your Ajah, the Gray Ajah, would make it four Ajahs.'

Everesta seems to count visibly with her fingers.

Everesta says 'Well then, I will answer directly if you will explore your discoveries with me should it be convenient with you.'

Everesta says 'Is that fair?'

Lexiane says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. I am happy to explore any ideas or concepts at your leisure.'

Everesta says 'Very well.'

Everesta says 'To your original question: What qualities do you seek to foster in Accepted?'

Lexiane dips her quill in ink and sits rigidly, hand at the ready.

Lexiane says 'Yes, that is the original question, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'I do not seek to foster any qualities in an Accepted, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'We foster the best qualities that each of the Accepteds, who seek the Gray, come to us demonstrating most visibly. '

Lexiane says 'I am an Accepted, you see. Perhaps companionsh-'

Lexiane coughs loudly.

Everesta pats Lexiane on the head.

Lexiane scribbles notes, blushing.

Lexiane says 'So you seek no specific qualities to foster, Aes Sedai?'

Everesta says 'We foster the best qualities each Accepted demonstrates.'

Everesta says 'Yes.'

Lexiane says 'Are all good qualities equally meritorious to the Gray Ajah, Aes Sedai?'

Lexiane watches Everesta closely, doe eyes narrowing.

Everesta says 'If a quality is good then it has merit, but only those that are demonstrated as something earned from the self have more equal merit than other qualities which may come from culture or upbringing.'

Lexiane says 'Ah interesting, Aes Sedai. So a well-bred noblewoman who learned the ways of the court may have a valuable quality to the Gray Ajah, but it would not supersede qualities such as a deep reservoir of patience that a tanner's daughter learned during her time here?'

Everesta says 'Yes Lexiane, equality of merit is only as good as the extent to which we can bring everyone to comparable starting points.'

Everesta says 'And unfortunately those starting points do not begin with Sheriam, they begin much earlier.'

Lexiane scribbles furiously.

Lexiane says 'Yes, but if the goal of the Gray Ajah is assistance in mediation and diplomacy, a girl who learned the principles of diplomacy by watching her da argue over boundaries of a farm may be as or more equipped as a Cairhien noblewoman who was raised to the Great Game.'

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Everesta grumbles about something.

Lexiane says 'It is a particularly interesting approach, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Stay here Accepted.'

Everesta clambers to her feet.

Everesta opens the carveddoor.

Everesta leaves east. >>

Everesta has arrived from the east.

Lexiane blinks here large eyes rapidly.

Lexiane says 'Well, this is a particularly interesting response, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'Are there any qualities that you require in an Accepted?'

Everesta says 'Often the drive of a girl who desires to leave such a place, watching her da, may outpace the drive of one who was born into a family that would readily give their child to the White Tower for accolades in the future.'

Everesta says 'Yes, there are qualities that we require in an Accepted. It depends on who the Accepted is and what qualities they demonstrate.'

Lexiane says 'So there are no universal qualities the Gray Ajah seeks to foster in an Accepted, even minor qualities?'

Everesta says 'Sometimes we require patience and other times we require that they be candid. It depends on the child.'

Lexiane scribbles down more notes.

Lexiane says 'So there is no one quality, however minor, that the Gray Ajah seeks for all its apprentices to demonstrate?'

Everesta says 'Yes, we seek to foster specifics in each child, though we do not ascribe to a universal set of values that would make a perfect mix of a Gray sister.'

Lexiane says 'Interesting. So all good qualities are sought, but a lack of any specific good quality does not disqualify?'

Lexiane adds a belated, 'Aes Sedai.'

Everesta considers for a moment while she distractedly taps her dress.

Everesta says 'Yes, there is not a specific good quality, that lacking it, would disqualify one from actively pursuing an Apprenticeship with the Gray Ajah.'

Lexiane says 'Very interesting, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'What if an Accepted came who had only one good quality, say an ability to effectively empathize with all people, but lacked any other good quality.'

Lexiane says 'Say this same Accepted was unable to foster or develop any other good qualities.'

Everesta says 'And they were only doomed to demonstrate empathy for the remainder of their life?'

Lexiane says 'She was loud, lazy, rude, and any other myriad of bad qualities.'

Lexiane says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. The only good quality was an ability to emphathize.'

Everesta says 'We might need to be specific here. How can someone who is empathetic also be rude and lazy?'

Everesta pauses to consider her thought.

Lexiane says 'Well, there are many rude ways to be empathetic. I could understand your feelings and share in them, but then also tell everyone all about them.'

Lexiane says 'Or tell you rudely how to feel about it.'

Lexiane says 'Similarly, I could be lazy in that that empathy would not promote me to action.'

Lexiane says 'Empathy does not dictate anything but the ability to understand and share the feelings of others, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Yes. I should say that without the piece I originally mentioned we might see a significant amount of failure from Apprentices.'

Everesta says 'Thank you for clarifying what empathy means, Lexiane. It is valuable to know that you understand it.'

Everesta smiles at Lexiane.

Lexiane says 'Ah, so, with only one good quality it would be unlikely for an Accepted to advance to the shawl despite the efforts of the Gray Ajah to foster that one good quality to its maximum potential?'

Lexiane adds another belated, 'Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Most qualities that are earned, have been earned through a trial of personal development.'

Everesta says 'Which, generally speaking, translates to a semblance of self-awareness.'

Everesta says 'If one is naturally empathetic, but disdainful beyond that, then it would be a quality inherent, perhaps, and not earned. Since the development of it did not coincide with the change of the individual.'

Everesta says 'Is it fair to say that someone who is naturally empathetic, but with no other good qualities, may have inherited that quality through a thought exercise?'

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Everesta grumbles under her breath about certain people.

Everesta opens the carveddoor.

Everesta leaves east. >>

Everesta has arrived from the east.

Lexiane says 'Perhaps the quality was earned, Aes Sedai, but no other qualities developed.'

Everesta sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Lexiane says 'This girl developed a sense of empathy through trials and tribulations but nothing else came along.'

Lexiane says 'That alone would be insufficient to shawl, Aes Sedai?'

Everesta says 'That might be closer to my thoughts about sympathy rather than empathy.'

Everesta considers this for a moment.

Lexiane says 'Well, I clearly defined empathy Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'With your clear understanding of empathy, child, what is sympathy?'

Lexiane says 'For the purpose of this conversation we assume the Accepted is empathetic.'

Everesta says 'Ah fair, then use a more nuanced definition of empathy and put it in contention with sympathy.'

Everesta says 'That's a good suggestion. Try that.'

Lexiane says 'Sympathy is the feelings of pity or sorrow over someone else's misfortune.'

Lexiane says 'It is quite different, Aes Sedai, than empathy.'

Lexiane says 'As we have discussed, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'But your contention, it appears to me, is that one cannot have hard won empathy without developing other good qualities. Is that correct, Aes Sedai?'

Everesta says 'I think so, apart from being gifted it in a thought experiment. What you speak of sounds closer to a performative display of empathy.'

Everesta says 'A child who understands how you feel, but then tells others what is going on. Who creates drama around you. That doesn't seem to be empathy to me.'

Lexiane sighs, clearly a bit disappointed.

Lexiane says 'This kind of thinking requires a suspension of disbelief, Aes Sedai, and an acceptance of the premise.'

Everesta says 'Your kind of thinking?'

Lexiane says 'But it seems to me that the answer is you require multiple good qualities, none specifically, but all will emerge through self-awareness and personal growth.'

Lexiane says 'Well, thought experiments such as this, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Ah.'

Everesta pats your knee gently.

Lexiane says 'You are very grounded, Aes Sedai. I am sure it is useful in your work, Aes Sedai, but it does not work so well in these kinds of conversations.'

Everesta says 'Thanks for clarifying, I'm trying to understand what you're getting at.'

Lexiane says 'Well, I think I understand what you are getting at, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane runs a hand over her bald head.

Lexiane says 'Perhaps one final question, Aes Sedai?'

Everesta says 'Would you like me to suspend my disbelief and accept your premise?'

Everesta says 'To give you an answer that is valuable to your final question?'

Lexiane says 'No, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'Was my summary sufficient to your belief, Aes Sedai?'

Everesta says 'I don't think we require them all to emerge through self-awareness and personal growth.'

Everesta says 'Some can come naturally based on the culture and community one grows up in.'

Lexiane says 'Well, those best qualities.'

Everesta says 'Some societies have very good qualities that bring a lot to the Gray Ajah.'

Lexiane says 'You said you sought to foster those qualities over the qualities from culture and community, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Yes.'

Lexiane says 'So we exclude the culture and community qualities from the conversation, Aes Sedai, to bore down into the truth of the matter.'

Everesta says 'Oh, sorry, I thought you wanted me to answer without accepting your premise.'

Everesta seems slightly hurt as she considers her response.

Lexiane says 'No, Aes Sedai, I am just asking that of the qualities you deemed important, would it be fair to say that those qualities do not happen alone but they also foster other good qualities.'

Lexiane says 'Is that an accurate summary of the position that you have when it comes to fostering qualities in Accepted?'

Everesta says 'Sometimes it would be fair to say that.'

Lexiane cocks her head to the side.

Everesta says 'Yes, it would be an accurate summary of most of our Apprenticeships.'

Lexiane says 'Would you instead say that there are no specific rules for fostering qualities within Accepted who apprentice to the Gray Ajah, beyond that you seek to foster their good qualities?'

Lexiane says 'But some qualities are primary while others are secondary, Aes Sedai?'

Everesta says 'Lexiane, let's reverse this.'

Everesta says 'Why would you make a poor candidate for the Gray Ajah?'

Lexiane frowns.

Everesta says 'Why would you be a particularly bad fit amongst us?'

Lexiane says 'This is not how interviews work, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'There are rules for interviews, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'It is unfortunate then. I feel that line of questioning would be useful.'

Lexiane says 'Typically the interviewer asks the interviewees questions.'

Lexiane frowns.

Everesta says 'Do you feel that your line of questioning is going particularly well?'

Lexiane says 'Well, I feel after this conversation that I would be a poor fit for the Gray Ajah because the Gray Ajah is very wishy washy and not particularly interested in things like truth.'

Lexiane blushes a deep crimson, the red rising from her neck to her forehead.

Lexiane sputters, 'I am sorry Aes Sedai. I did not mean to offend, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'If the Gray Ajah seeks to note particular qualities in a single individual, then would not the experience of a single individual fitting in be a good place to judge the qualities the Gray Ajah seeks?'

Everesta coughs back her words, taking in your outburst.

Lexiane says 'I am sorry Aes Sedai, yes I believe personal experience can highlight the importance of understanding specific qualities, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'I had hoped you would illuminate those qualities, Aes Sedai, but I see now perhaps the most important quality is just having good qualities, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane blushes again, stammering on.

Everesta says 'And what good qualities do you have, Lexiane?'

Lexiane says 'I hope I did not offend, Aes Sedai, I just do not think I would be a good fit in the Gray Ajah, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane closes her mouth with an audible *click*.

Lexiane takes a deep, calming breath.

Lexiane says 'I believe that I am kind, Aes Sedai, generous with my time, that I am a swift and deep thinker, that I learn quickly.'

Everesta seems to mishear you as she nods, 'yes. Swift speaker.'

Everesta says 'It is a valuable asset in negotiations to be sure.'

Lexiane says 'My other good qualities are that I do not rush to judgment and that I typically try to understand a problem fully before working to solve it.'

Lexiane says 'I think those are probably my best qualities, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane does not correct Everesta.

Everesta says 'And these qualities, out of them, on the surface, they do not look like bad qualities that makes one in conflict with the Gray Ajah, nor with any Ajah.'

Everesta says 'And we are speaking here of Apprenticeships.'

Everesta says 'Do any of your qualities make you a poor fit to qualify for an Apprenticeship with the Gray Ajah?'

Lexiane says 'As you said, the Gray Ajah seeks any good qualities to foster in an Accepted.'

Lexiane says 'I believe my other qualities, perhaps, make me a poor fit for Apprenticeship with the Gray Ajah, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Perhaps.'

Everesta says 'I think your other qualities make you a poor fit for the Gray Ajah.'

Lexiane nods her shaved head.

Everesta says 'But, you might learn a lot in an apprenticeship with the Gray Ajah.'

Everesta says 'And I would never withhold that from one with good qualities, such as the qualities that you have, and actively demonstrate.'

Lexiane says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. One could, hopefully, learn a lot in any apprenticeship. That is their benefit.'

Lexiane says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. Thank you for saying I have good qualities and demonstrate them, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta nods absent-mindedly.

Lexiane says 'What do you think would make me a bad fit for the Gray Ajah, Aes Sedai?'

Lexiane says 'Those qualities unmentioned, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane gestures to the paper before her.

Lexiane says 'For completeness of my notes, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Do you plan to improve on them or would you just like them to be listed?'

Lexiane says 'Well, I need them to be listed should I seek to improve upon them, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'Generally I seek to improve any poor qualities, but I believe there are qualities I possess that are likely only poor for the Gray Ajah.'

Lexiane says 'But would not be poor, say, for the White Ajah. Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Perhaps. It is likely that the qualities the Gray Ajah would find poor would make any Accepted a good Aes Sedai, typically, but less successful as a Gray.'

Everesta says 'Mostly, Lexiane, you would not make a good Gray Ajah because you see the world through dichotomous thinking and not through the nuances characterized in it.'

Lexiane says 'Ah, thank you, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane scribbles into her notes.

Lexiane takes another deep breath.

Lexiane says 'This concludes our interview, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Does it?'

Lexiane says 'Thank you for your time, and I would like to apologize again for my rudeness.'

Lexiane says 'Should you wish to send me to see the Mistress of Novices I would understand and accept my punishment, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'It is inappropriate to speak as I did and I am sorry, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'I would know in what ways you have been rude that deserve punishment'

Everesta says 'before I send you to seek punishment.'

Lexiane says 'Well, Aes Sedai, I asserted that the Gray Ajah was wishy-washy and not interested in truth, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'Those are rude assertions, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Do you still believe that the Gray Ajah is wishy-washy and not interested in the truth?'

Lexiane chews her lip.

Lexiane says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. I do, Aes Sedai. But I suspect these are useful tools in negotiation, Aes
Sedai.'

Everesta seems stilled with the room as she considers.

Everesta says 'Do you think that it matters what you believe?'

Lexiane says 'Likely only to me, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'It is nothing I would advocate punishment over, you are right.'

Everesta says 'Though it is sad and it saddens me.'

Lexiane says 'I am sorry for making you sad, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'Why are you sorry, Aes Sedai?'

Lexiane cocks her head.

Everesta says 'It is not what I would do.'

Lexiane says 'Ah.'

Lexiane says 'Well, I appreciate you sharing your feelings, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'Thank you for acknowledging it. I hope you are able to understand why I did.'

Lexiane says 'And once again, thank you for agreeing to be interviewed by me, Aes Sedai. I found it
quite...'

Lexiane says 'Interesting.'

Lexiane cocks her head to the side once again.

Lexiane says 'I can only assume you shared your feelings because you think I am making the wrong choice, Aes Sedai?'

Everesta says 'in most circles interesting is an insult used to belittle an experience by finding a non-descript word to point at a thing.'

Everesta says 'You may want to be cautious of the word.'

Everesta says 'No, it is just something I believe, and it also doesn't matter. '

Lexiane says 'Aha, we have discussed this, Aes Sedai!'

Everesta says 'But you might find more challenging things elsewhere.'

Lexiane says 'I still find interesting to be best used to convey interest.'

Lexiane nods her shaved head.

Everesta says 'Though'

Everesta says 'maybe to you this interview is challenging'

Everesta says 'in which case, good.'

Lexiane nods her shaved head vigorously.

Lexiane says 'Yes, Aes Sedai. Most interviews were easier than this one. I found this quite challenging, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta smiles brightly at you.

Everesta says 'You should feel good about it, you did very well!'

Lexiane says 'Ah, thank you for your kind words, Aes Sedai.'

Everesta says 'You have concluded the interview, would you like me to dismiss us?'

Lexiane says 'I would rather request a dismissal from you, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'I do not think I can dismiss you, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane says 'There are rules, Aes Sedai.'

Lexiane packs away her paper and quill.

Everesta says 'I thought so too.'

Everesta strokes her chin thoughtfully.

Lexiane stands up.

Lexiane delivers a deep curtsy.

Everesta clambers to her feet.

Everesta says 'Very well Lexiane, as our interview has concluded, we can be dismissed.'

Lexiane says 'Thank you, Aes Sedai.'

Raeza

Re: Everesta says 'It is okay, I am sorry that you wish to join the White Ajah, Accepted.'

Post by Raeza » Tue Sep 06, 2022 5:26 pm

Awarded:

Lexiane - 5 rpqps (3 + 2 for editing)
Everesta - 3 rpqps

Please visit a silver-haired sister.