Daughter of the Sands

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Sarinda

Daughter of the Sands

Post by Sarinda » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:22 pm

Summary:
Aelrena inquires about Sarinda's past and why she carries such anger towards the Seanchan. Sarinda discusses some of the critical junctions in her life that led her to the White Tower, and how this informed her decision to pursue the Red Ajah. The discussion turns to the recent pronouncement of Cera Merimon as a Darkfriend, and ends abruptly as Sarinda senses her nearby using the One Power, prompting Aelrena and Sarinda to hunt her and try to bring her to justice.

POV: Sarinda
Main characters: Sarinda, Aelrena

Notes:
Processed using the RP-lizer, and edited to rearrange a few emotes for readability and to remove spam from non-RPers in the room.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tower Square
This side of the square is the southern section of the Tower Square.
In the center is the walled off White Tower. To the south a large
boulevard opens up leading to the Southharbor. To the north you see
the southern gate of the Tower grounds. The square continues east
and west.
A large banner rests here, depicting a map of Tar Valon.
[ obvious exits: N E S W ]
Zone: Tar Valon
Door north: TarlomensGate
A flatbed wagon rocks back and forth on spoked wheels, pulled by a warhorse.
A marble bench, flecked with gold and bronze, adorns the floor.
An oil lamp, set in a steel cage, hangs from a high wooden pole.
An elaborately sculpted marble fountain splashes merrily.
A stout wooden barrel stands nearby.
A mangy cat scurries around trying not to get stepped on.
Bellarose Deluca is standing here, riding a warhorse.
Aelrena the Tower Accepted is resting here, riding a warhorse.
A warhorse is here, stamping his feet impatiently, being ridden by you.
The Tar Valon town crier stands here, spreading the news.

Aelrena says 'Sarinda Sedai?'

Aelrena says 'Why is it that you react more strongly to the Seanchan than most other Aes Sedai?'

Sarinda says 'How much of my childhood have I told you, Accepted?'

Aelrena says 'Very little, Sarinda Sedai. I believe that you said that you spent part of it in Illian?'

Aelrena says 'Illian or Tear, though I don't recall which.'

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, I was born on the waters off the coast of Aile Somera.'

Aelrena cocks her head to the side and makes eye contact with the Aes Sedai, clearly paying close attention.

Sarinda says 'It is a small island west of Toman Head, by Falme.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Aelrena says 'Is it customary for the children of the Atha'an Miere to be born on ships?'

Sarinda nods decisively.

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Sarinda says 'Yes. In fact, it is extraordinarily rare for Atha'an Miere to be born anywhere except on the water. If a woman is not near the sea, she will try to even get on a fishing boat or river cruiser.'

Sarinda says 'And if it pleases the Light, I will die on the sea some day, as well.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda says 'Preferably of old age many, many years from now.'

Sarinda smiles warmly.

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Aelrena says 'I'm sure Tolza Sedai would be willing to drop your bed into the ocean when you're confined to it.'

Sarinda winks suggestively.

Sarinda says 'I traveled aboard my mother's raker, the Wave Chaser. She was my Sailmistress, and my father the Cargomaster of our family's vessel.'

Aelrena says 'A raker is one of the smaller, faster ships, is it not?'

Sarinda says 'Yes and no. It is the fastest, but actually the largest.'

Sarinda says 'The Atha'an Miere use four types of ships. In increasing order of size, they are darters, soarers, skimmers, and rakers.'

Aelrena's eyes go wide and she nods in understanding.

Sarinda says 'Rakers have three masts, which allows them to catch the wind at sea, allowing for great speed.'

Aelrena says 'Rather than solely relying on things such as rowing.'

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Aelrena says 'I apologize Sarinda Sedai, I have about as much knowledge of ships as a Weaver of bellfounding.'

Sarinda chuckles politely.

Sarinda says 'It is alright. We all have our own skills, Aelrena.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda says 'When I was a youth, we had made port at Tanchico so that my father could exchange some goods he had purchased. We were traveling the coast northwest from Tear, with plans to stop at each of the major ports.'

Aelrena listens to the Aes Sedai, her fingers tapping against the haft of her staff in a rhythmic pattern.

Sarinda pauses, her face schooled to stillness but her eyes sharpening with anger.

Sarinda says 'While we were at port, a Seanchan navy blockaded the bay, and a few of their damane assaulted our ship.'

Aelrena frowns.

Aelrena says 'They turned the One Power against those in the harbor who had no way of defending against it?'

Sarinda nods decisively.

Sarinda says 'Not against all. Only against those who attempted to flee or fight back.'

Aelrena frowns, creases forming at the corners of her mouth as she continues to listen.

Sarinda's voice is quiet like bared steel. 'I fought back, as did the Windfinder on my ship, my mentor was also a skilled channeler.'

Aelrena smiles quietly, "So you had training in the One Power before joining the Tower then.", she comments, nodding with satisfaction.

Sarinda replies simply, 'Some, yes.'

Sarinda's ageless face is stoic.

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda says 'My father and I were attacked on the docks. I survived and escaped. My father, however, was killed by the damane.'

Aelrena says 'Apologies, it was merely an observation Sarinda Sedai, please continue.'

Aelrena frowns.

Sarinda says 'The Seanchan scuttled the Wave Chaser, sending him sinking into the bay. My mother assumedly died in the assault. If she was taken captive, she has since passed away of old age.'

Aelrena frowns.

Sarinda says 'My Windfinder, Relanna din Nestille Full Tide, was either killed, or possibly captured and taken as damane herself.'

Aelrena's voice is melancholy, "I can't imagine what it would be like under the reign of the Seanchan. It would be a mercy if she did die rather than wear that leash."

Sarinda growls menacingly.

Sarinda nods decisively.

Sarinda takes a breath, schooling her face back to stillness.

Sarinda says 'If it pleases the Light, I escaped on horseback, and followed the coast back towards Illian. I remained there for a time, serving on various fishing boats to make enough of a living to srape by.'

Sarinda says 'It was there that I met the Gray Sister who was serving as an advisor to the king of Illian, Mattin Stepaneos den Balgar.'

Aelrena nods, her lips turned up at the corners and her eyes crinkle slightly as she gazes at the Aes Sedai.

Sarinda says 'A chance meeting that now I believe was a weaving of the Pattern, sending me on my path here to the White Tower. She sensed the ability in me, and urged me to travel this way.'

Aelrena says 'Important for where it's brought you now, I believe. The Tower itself would be lessened for your loss.'

Sarinda smiles warmly.

Sarinda says 'It is kind of you to say so, Aelrena.'

Aelrena fingers the braid of hair hanging over her shoulder, her thumb ghosting across the white ribbon bound there.

Aelrena says 'It's the truth, Sarinda Sedai.'

Aelrena nods at Sarinda.

Sarinda says 'You can see, perhaps, why I have no sympathy for the Seanchan invaders.'

Aelrena says 'I can, Sarinda Sedai. I'm sorry that I drudged up painful memories by asking.'

Aelrena says 'But...'

Aelrena says 'I believe that it has allowed me to understand you better, for which I will admit being thankful.'

Aelrena smiles happily.

Sarinda nods in agreement.

Sarinda says 'I was in Tanchico recently. A contingent of Seanchan soldiers still lay claim to half of the city.'

Sarinda scowls.

Aelrena frowns.

Aelrena shakes her head.

Sarinda says 'I was there chasing Cera Merimon. I followed her tracks towards Falme a few days ago, although I am not sure why she was there.'

Aelrena's eyelids flutter briefly at the mention of Cera, though the rest of her face shows the calm of an Aes Sedai.

Aelrena frowns.

Sarinda's face darkens.

Aelrena says 'I doubt that even a darkfriend would be willing to consign other women that can channel to such a fate.'

Sarinda says acidly, 'By the nine winds and Stormbringer's beard, I would not underestimate the depth of that daughter of the sand's capacity for hatred and evil.'

Aelrena blinks her eyes innocently.

Sarinda stops resting, and stands up.

Sarinda feels the flows of saidar coursing through her body.

channel 'locate life' cera
You begin to weave the appropriate flows...
-=+**+=- -=+*
Ok.
Cera - [wujqulflxolpsde] - somewhere southwest of here.

Aelrena's mouth forms the word slowly, her eyes confused "Daughter of the sands"

Sarinda says 'She is due southwest.'

Aelrena stops resting, and clambers on her feet.

Sarinda says 'Will you aid me in hunting her?'

Aelrena's face hardens.

Aelrena says 'I will.'

Sarinda nods in agreement.

Sarinda says 'Brace yourself, then.'

Raeza

Re: Daughter of the Sands

Post by Raeza » Sat Sep 03, 2022 10:29 pm

Very gripping!

Awarded:

Sarinda - 4 rpqps (2 + 2 for editing)