A brief on matching Brown with Blue

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Aelrena

A brief on matching Brown with Blue

Post by Aelrena » Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:25 pm

Summary: Aelrena seeks out Ravhaiel of the Blue Ajah to speak on how the Blue Ajah and the Brown work together, as well as a promising path to leadership
Characters: Aelrena and Ravhaiel

Conservatory of the Blue Ajah
(wotmudmapper): (debug): Room name (Conservatory of the Blue Ajah) captured.
During daytime, bright light floods in from tall, arched windows set in the
eastern wall, which offer a view of the many spires of Tar Valon as well as
the eastern bank of the Erinin. On clear days, the peaks of the Dragonwall
can be seen, far away to the east. Bookshelves, tables, maps and charts are
all present as the Blue sisters prepare for whatever tasks currently occupy
them or as they plan business away from the Tower. On one wall hang two
large portraits of Ciel Sedai and Adaire Sedai, with white ribbons of
mourning tied into the latticework of the frames.
[ obvious exits: W ]
(wotmudmapper): (debug): Room exits ( w ) captured.
(wotmudmapper): (debug): Removed command (e) from queue.

Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door west: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Ravhaiel the Sister is standing here.
A young girl in a plain white dress stands here.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Blue Sister is here, planning her next journey.
Anaiya Sedai of the Blue Ajah stands here.

Ravhaiel closes the carveddoor.

Aelrena curtseys to her audience.

Ravhaiel nods at Aelrena.

Aelrena says 'A pleasure to meet you, Aes Sedai. My name is Aelrena.'

Aelrena smiles happily.

Ravhaiel says 'It is good to see the Tower growing in strength. How go your studies, child?'

Aelrena says 'They go well, I've been writing out lesson plans to teach a class on the reign of Artur Hawkwing in the near future.'

Aelrena smiles happily.

Ravhaiel says 'Excellent!'

Ravhaiel says 'In my 830 years, I have rarely run out of new information that you can find on him. An interesting man, indeed.'

Aelrena continues, the wideness of her eyes showing great excitement, "And specifically on the
actions of the Aes Sedai of the era, what went wrong, and how it might have been corrected.

Ravhaiel says 'Hmmmm...'

Ravhaiel leans back in her chair, looking out the balcony at the view of Tar Valon.

Ravhaiel says 'The Tower is powerful. But with great power comes great responsibility.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Ravhaiel says 'And at times responsibility not carried has caused arrogance and poor judgment.'

Aelrena nods quietly along to the Aes Sedai's words, a faint smile touching her lips.

Ravhaiel says 'It is my observation that some of the leaders at the time under-estimated Artur's
abilities and over-estimated their own areas of influence to manage his ambitions.'

Aelrena says 'I also believe myself that there was a focus on gaining personal power and increasing their own areas of influence rather than focusing on what was right and just.'

Ravhaiel says 'This is a difficult and complex maze, what you describe, child.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Aelrena says 'I'm not certain I expect the class itself to come up with any improvements or realizations that the Aes Sedai of the Tower have not mentioned before'

Ravhaiel says 'Where are the lines of demarcation between growing personally to benefit the Tower in a right and just way and where that changes to a warped view of the same?'

Ravhaiel says 'I would suggest this, though, as the final trump card in your deck...'

Aelrena says 'But my intent is to help the other intiates of the Tower see that looking to the past for the actions of others and seeing their own actions through a lens of the past, to ensure they don't make the same mistakes.'

Aelrena closes her mouth and looks to the Aes Sedai in curiosity, her head tilted ever so slightly to the left.

Ravhaiel says 'The greatest leaders I have ever met were humble and servant leaders to those around them. It made their power almost limitless because they drew the best out of everyone else instead of drawing all of their influence only from themselves.'

Ravhaiel says 'It is the greatest leader who has those around them leading the way based on where
she wants to go instead of trying to lead them all by the nose. After all...we only have 10
fingers.'

Ravhaiel winks suggestively at Aelrena.

Aelrena nods slightly, her expression thoughtful before she looks to the Aes Sedai, "Would you say this is similar to how an Amyrlin should act, Aes Sedai?"

Ravhaiel offers a small smile and looks intently at Aelrena.

Ravhaiel says 'I would not be so bold as to try to answer that, child. Only an Amyrlin can tell you how to walk an Amyrlin's path and there's no one path for them to walk.'

Aelrena nods once again, "It was merely an idle thought.", and then ducks her head slightly.

Aelrena ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Ravhaiel nods her head slightly.

Aelrena says 'Would you say there is a balance between being humble and leading others by the nose? It would seem to me that there's a certain amount of trust you must have in others, otherwise.'

Ravhaiel says 'You ask the right questions, child. Do not stop doing so. The answers are not
always available to us to answer.'

Ravhaiel says 'Perhaps you will go farther than us and find the answers we seek as well. '

Aelrena says 'Perhaps, though it would be foolish of anyone to think that wouldn't be on the shoulders of those who came before.'

Aelrena ducks her head, and she dips into a respectful curtsy.

Ravhaiel smiles at Aelrena.

Ravhaiel says 'I look forward to hearing how your class goes, child. They are fortunate to have an inquiring mind like yours teaching it.'

Aelrena says 'Thank you Aes Sedai, your words mean much to me.'

Aelrena says 'Might I ask a question of you?'

Ravhaiel says 'You may. After that I must return to some tasks I have but I am happy to help.'

Aelrena says 'My intent in coming to you today, was to ask how you felt the tasks of the Blue Ajah and the Brown Ajah have conincided, working together for the cause of the White Tower in your time wearing the shawl.'

Ravhaiel says 'Ah....'

Ravhaiel says 'There is great power in the Brown Ajah. I would even suggest they are the foundation that unleashes a greater power that the Blue Ajah give to the world.'

Ravhaiel says 'The Brown Ajah are a foundation of information and knowledge.'

Ravhaiel says 'Knowledge is truly power. And it is this knowledge that helps the Blue Ajah form
theories based on facts and accomplish quests all over the world.'

Ravhaiel says 'Without the Brown Ajah, the Blue Ajah would be truly handicapped. Without the Blue Ajah, the Brown Ajah would be a bubble of meaningful information that was never practically applied to the world.'

Ravhaiel says 'So there is great symbiosis between our Ajahs. I have great respect for the Brown.'

Aelrena listens quietly, and nods along, idly turning the great serpent ring upon her hand.

Ravhaiel gracefully stands from her chair.

Ravhaiel says 'But I must excuse myself at this point, child. The Tower needs me elsewhere and I must juggle priorities.'

the confines of these walls, it's worth is lessened.
Aelrena says 'I can see where that would be true, while knowledge is a power, if it's never applied outside the confines of these walls, its worth is lessened.'

Aelrena says 'Of course, thank you for your time Aes Sedai.'

Aelrena curtseys before her.

Ravhaiel says 'Exactly. It's good to know that the Sisters in the kitchen have allowed you some
time to think beyond the art of cleaning their pots and pans.'

Ravhaiel winks suggestively at Aelrena.

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Aelrena says 'Time spent cleaning is still time for the brain to think beyond the confines of one's
actions.'

Ravhaiel says 'Good luck to you, child. I enjoyed our conversation and look forward to working with you when you are a full Sedai. I have a feeling that you will do the Tower proud.'

Ravhaiel says 'Now...off with you so that I may not be called out as a procrastinating woman by those around me!'

Ravhaiel grins evilly.

Aelrena says 'Thank you. I hope to serve the Tower however it feels fit.'

Ravhaiel opens the carveddoor.

Aelrena chuckles as she drops into another curtsy and glides out the door.

Alison

Re: A brief on matching Brown with Blue

Post by Alison » Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:52 am

Interesting and informative. She asks questions and have a curious mind.

I would like to see the thoughts of other Accepted on the Symbiosis of Ajahs .

Per Example: How does the White Ajah and the other Ajah's operate together ?

Isela

Post by Isela » Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:41 pm

Alison wrote:
Mon Aug 29, 2022 7:52 am
Interesting and informative. She asks questions and have a curious mind.

I would like to see the thoughts of other Accepted on the Symbiosis of Ajahs .

Per Example: How does the White Ajah and the other Ajah's operate together ?
I'd love to share my thoughts on this matter, Alison Sedai. I know the White does not concern itself with worldly issues, but I believe the logical and mathematical solutions you do ponder can be immensely helpful to the other Ajahs. Here are some of my ideas:

For the Blue:
It is well-rumored that the Blue have the widest eyes-and-ears network. Could the White develop a distribution system based on an algorithm that would increase the efficiency of such a network? For example, by matching the geographical location of each agent with a corresponding number of pigeons, could the expense of maintaining such a system be meaningfully lowered? Could the speed at which information is transferred be meaningfully decreased?

For the Red:
Many Reds spend their days away from the Tower in search of men who can channel and/or women abusing the One Power. Could a mathematical model be applied to the canvassing patterns of the Reds so they can cover more area in less time?

For the Yellow:
Yellows tend to battlefield wounds in nearly every major battle or skirmish. Is there a rotation they could be put on relative to their specific Talents and strength in the One Power that could save more lives? Could this be reliably repeated across different geographical regions and weather patterns?

For the Green:
Greens are known to take multiple warders. How many warders per Aes Sedai is the most efficient amount? Should they all accompany her in battle? Based on the terrain and the foe, would there be a diminishing rate of return for every additional warder beyond a certain amount?

For the Brown:
The Brown collect and maintain the best knowledge base in the world. Could the systems for data retrieval, analysis, and protection be improved through use of the same logic with which the White help organize and administer cities?

For the Gray:
For conflicts between nations, Grays act as mediators and make excellent legal counselors. In my opinion, they should be nearly as skilled in setting aside emotion and thinking critically as the White in order to deliver just solutions between parties. It would be an interesting exercise to pair a White and Gray together in this task to see what philosophical differences come to light over a given conflict.

Raeza

Post by Raeza » Wed Aug 31, 2022 11:07 am

Awarded:

Aelrena - 4 rpqps (2 + 2 for editing)
Ravhaiel - 2 rpqps

I also awarded Isela 1 regular qp (offline award) for her response to Alison's prompt.

Please visit any silver-haired Aes Sedai and say 'receive' to receive them.