Catisune and Aelrena discuss lesson planning among other things

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Aelrena

Catisune and Aelrena discuss lesson planning among other things

Post by Aelrena » Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:45 am

Summary: After Lexiane leaves the Brown Ajah study, Aelrena and Catisune discuss the Accepted's recent lesson plan and touch on drawing closer to being Aes Sedai.
Main Characters: Catisune and Aelrena
Perspective: Aelrena
NOTE: Aelrena has already been awarded QP's for this interaction

The carveddoor closes quietly.

Aelrena appears thoughtful, a small furrow between her brows as her fellow Accepted leaves.

Catisune smiles warmly at the Accepted upon the sill, and it touches her large, watery eyes.

Aelrena says 'It's a pleasure to see you, Catisune Sedai. I didn't have a chance to say so earlier.'

Aelrena smiles happily.

Catisune says 'Join me, dear.'

Catisune gestures to the empty chair opposite her.

Aelrena slips off the window sill, grabbing her bag and setting it beside the chair before she sets
down in it.

Catisune observes Aelrena with great care and scrutiny, her considerable gaze probing.

Catisune says 'I enjoyed your syllabus on Hawkwing, dear.'

Aelrena gazes back at the Aes Sedai, meeting her eyes and dipping her head slightly.

Aelrena says 'Thank you, it was a rather enjoyable experience to research. Even more interesting I think to balance what events I should speak of in detail and which I should gloss over.'

Catisune nods, the bun atop her head swaying.

Catisune says 'How did you achieve that, dear?'

Aelrena begins turning the ring on her finger once again as she speaks "Well, it was rather simple once I considered the lens by which I intended the lesson to be from, Catisune Sedai."

Catisune's mouth forms a perfect 'Oh?'

Aelrena says 'I don't have to go into great detail about the black years and what happened in the Empire, if for the most part my intent is to speak about the Aes Sedai of the Era.'

Catisune nods, and her lips quirk slightly.

Aelrena says 'Surely, it might be useful, but for concision, it's easier to gloss over such things, in
part because it would bring more questions to the lesson.'

Catisune says 'It is best to corale the kittens as you can in such a scenario to be sure.'

Aelrena says 'Rather like, well, using 5 flows of fire where one would do.'

Catisune says 'I appreciated the tight focus of your lesson and its applicable corollaries in
today's world.'

Catisune nods at Aelrena.

Aelrena smiles happily.

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Catisune says 'What would you ask me as you prepare?'

Catisune says 'For soon after this lesson we can set the date for this class.'

Aelrena says 'My hope is that there will be enough interaction that we'll be able to get fresh
perspectives, and possibly ideas that haven't occurred to any of us. Though, for the most part, I
believe the intent of the lesson is less about the content and more about considering the actions of the past and how they affect us in the modern day.'

Aelrena ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Aelrena says 'What kinds of things would you be able to help me prepare with? I'm not certain what I could ask of you in this, Catisune Sedai. '

Catisune says 'For me--all of history is a lesson in considering the actions of the past and how
they affect the modern day.'

Catisune says 'That is why we are historians, dear. We move the needle when we must.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Aelrena says 'And we have a certain amount of power in where we point that needle for others.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Catisune says 'Well, if you have questions of pedagogy, I am of course a great resource. And I know a thing or two about a thing or two beyond that as well.'

Catisune smiles softly to take the sting from her words.

Aelrena says 'And I would agree, but I'm not certain all of the initiates of the Tower think of it as
such.'

Aelrena nods along, clearly taking no offense to the Aes Sedai's words.

Catisune says 'What did you make of Lexiane?'

Aelrena draws her body up, her back straightening at the question.

Aelrena considers her words carefully before speaking, "I believe that she's not always aware of the effect her words have on others."

Catisune nods, the bun atop her head swaying.

Catisune says 'She is quite literal, in fact.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Catisune says 'She is sort of like an arrow.'

Aelrena says 'I believe the White will be a good fit for her, though I hope she learns how better to...direct her tongue.'

Catisune says 'I hope we point her in the right direction, for else it will have disastrous
consequences.'

Catisune says 'How else do you prepare to take a shawl?'

Aelrena says 'Yes, I believe that it could. But I believe she also has time. I know that if she does
choose to apprentice to the White, Raeza Sedai will be certain to redirect her.'

Catisune says 'Raeza does not brook fools, that's for true.'

Aelrena says 'Well, by furthering my research to start. But, I believe preparing for the shawl takes many steps. Did you mean those officially in place, or for those that aren't stated as such. '

Catisune says 'Either. Both. I only wish to know your progress.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Aelrena says 'Well, I believe the most obvious is by practicing Aes Sedai serenity and being capable of putting aside emotion for what must be done.'

Catisune reaches down into her bag and rummages for several long moments.

Aelrena shakes her head, expression thoughtful, "It's rather easy to think of in concept, but the
actuality is different. I had a conversation with Raeza Sedai about such, and the meditation for
ignoring temperature as well."

Catisune says 'Have you mastered it yet?'

Aelrena looks at the Aes Sedai, her umber eyes near boring as she considers the question.

Aelrena says 'I would say I have not, Catisune Sedai.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Catisune stifles whatever reaction was bubbling to the surface. She regards you with large, watery eyes.

Aelrena says 'Such things are not easy to master, and even when you become quite proficient a moment of weakness can return you back to the start.'

Catisune says 'You are in control of all of it, Aelrena. You are not your body or your mind. You are something more.'

Catisune blinks her large, watery eyes blandly.

Aelrena ducks her head, and muses "Something more than the Accepted before you, and something less at the same time then."

Aelrena thoughtfully taps her chin as she considers the words.

Catisune cants her head to one side as a bird might.

Aelrena says 'I believe I understand, if I am more than my body or mind, then emotional responses or occurences are within my control. In a similar way, if I am less than such, it cannot affect me either.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Catisune says 'You are arriving at that conclusion, I think.'

Catisune says 'Have you met with any of my Brown sisters?'

Aelrena says 'I spoke with Lexica Sedai very briefly when she asked about my studies, though we had little time to speak of more. '

Catisune says 'I should like you to connect with as many as you can.'

Aelrena says 'I've also setup an appointment to speak with Erulisse Sedai this weekend, in the hopes that she might be able to share some of her thoughts with me.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Catisune says 'I would love for you to spend some time with Eru.'

Aelrena grins at her.

Aelrena says 'In this, I think that I am one step ahead, at least for trying to get it started.'

Catisune says 'She is unorthodox, but so am I.'

Aelrena says 'I've also been on the lookout for Liia Sedai, though the last I saw her was a month or so back.'

Catisune says 'Seek out Gesin and Liia if you can. If you could stir Alayla or Divina, that would be a miracle.'

Aelrena says 'Unorthodoxy is important.'

Catisune says 'Of course, I stirred them in my apprenticeship.'

Aelrena says 'I gather that you have always been... noteworthy, Catisune Sedai.'

Aelrena says 'or unorthodox, as you stated of yourself.'

Aelrena 's lips twitch slightly.

Catisune reciprocates the gesture. Perhaps she is the moon.

Catisune says 'Dear, let us adjourn soon, for I am satisfied with your classroom preparation.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Catisune says 'I should like you to consider some times to teach it.'

Catisune says 'We can set those finer details later and elsewhere, for I would like to be there and have some stipulations upon my schedule.'

Catisune says 'But we must get it on the calendar.'

Aelrena says 'I will do so right after we finish speaking Catisune Sedai, I'll send a list of times thatI believe would work and we can fine tune it as we move forward.'

Catisune says 'Perfectly agreeable then. Thank you, dear.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Catisune says 'I am gladdened to see your research progressing so well.'

Catisune says 'You will not disappoint me, I think.'

Catisune says 'But off with you then!'

Aelrena says 'Thank you for your time today, Catisune Sedai.'

Catisune says 'Well, wait.'

Catisune says 'liveaward Aelrena 3 rpqps for Class Preparation'

A silver-haired Aes Sedai says 'As you command, Catisune Sedai. I will now award LIVE QPS.'

A silver-haired Aes Sedai says 'It is done.'

Catisune says 'Now you may leave.'

Aelrena says 'would you like the meal and tea like before to be sent up?'

Catisune says 'As ever and always, dear.'

Aelrena curtseys to her audience.

Catisune practically beams at her apprentice.

Aelrena slips out of the chair and glides to the door of the study.

Raeza

Re: Catisune and Aelrena discuss lesson planning among other things

Post by Raeza » Mon Aug 29, 2022 9:13 pm

Awarded:

Aelrena - 2 rpqps (for editing only, the content being already awarded)
Catisune - 2 rpqps

Please visit a silver-haired sister.