A *not so* Quiet Moment in the Well

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Aelrena

A *not so* Quiet Moment in the Well

Post by Aelrena » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:41 am

Main Characters: Aja, Aelrena
Honorary mention: A Novice who seems to need more chores.
Summary: Wherein Aja has a moment of weakness while Aelrena studies

In the Well.

This open-roofed building used to house the initiates of the Tower consists
of nine levels, but only three of them are currently in use. A number of
small, windowless rooms open up to a gallery which surrounds a courtyard,
there is ample fresh air. A fountain with a small garden sits at the bottom
of this well, the sound of falling waters echoing among the towering walls.

*Aja exits her room*

Aja curtseys before Aelrena.

Aelrena nods in response to the novice's curtsy, her eyes never leaving the papers in front of her as she sits cross-legged on the floor.

Aja tiptoes around on the cold floor. "Brrr!" Seeing you, she stops and looks down to ask, "How can you sit on this floor, Accepted?! It is like ice to me."

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Aelrena says 'It's not so cold after you sit here for a time, and arguably the Well can be even quieter than the library at times.'

A novice has arrived from the west.

Aelrena flips through the pages in front of her, before marking through a line and continuing to read the page on top.

Aelrena looks up, catching Aja’s eyes.

Aelrena says 'Was there something you needed help with, Aja?'

Aja hastily finds her shoes and slips them on along with her other attire. Doing her usual of
putting her long blonde hair into a ponytail, she replies, "I must be going, Accepted Aelrena. Maybe a little sunlight will make me feel better." Bringing up her right hand, its fingers splayed, she waves. "No, Accepted. Enjoy your reading!"

Aja leaves west. <<

*Aja returns to the Well shortly after leaving*

Aelrena arches an eyebrow.

Aja bites into a piece of fruit, its juice running from the corner of her mouth. Not wanting to
dirty her white dress, she asks, "Would you have something I can wipe my face with?"

Aja eats a strange fruit.

Aja smiles at Aelrena.

Aelrena absently digs in the satchel beside her before handing Aja a neatly folded handkerchef,
embroidering with rather shoddy images of the Flame of Tar Valon along the edge.

Aja says, "Thank you, Accepted", her bringing up the cloth and wiping her face roughly. "Ahh!
Sandra, my personal servant in Illian on the homestead, couldn't have done better. You want this back?", as she offers the handkerchief back to Aelrena.

A novice leaves west.

Aelrena looks up, a rather obvious blue ink stain on the tip of her nose, "No, it's okay. It was a
spare bit of cloth that I found time to try my hand at embroidering. I've never been very good. Keep it."

Aja nods. "It is finely made. Very nice handiwork, Accepted." Slipping the cloth into her handbag, and falling hard on her bed. "It's going to take a long time to get used to this place."

Aelrena says 'You'll get used to it one way or another Aja.'
conds.

Aelrena continues marking the sheets in front her, adding in new lines just as often as striking
through them.

Aja rolls over onto her right side and props her head in her right hand. "Really? There's another
way to be here yet not be here?"

Aelrena looks up at Aja, one eyebrow arched in question.

Aelrena says 'What do you mean?'

Aja rolls back over onto her back and lies flat as her arms and legs rise and drop, pounding her bed as she has a fit. "AJA! You just have to realize that you are here for your own good. YOU shouldn't have killed father's prized bull with the ice spikes. It was the last straw!"

Aelrena lets out a small sigh, looking down between her and back up to the Novice before she embraces the source and weaves a small but complex ward about her papers to keep them from harm before walking to the Novice's room door and leaning against the doorjam. "Were you wanting to talk about it, Aja?"

A novice leaves west. <<

Aja turns her head to look at Aelrena. "It's just no one ever got upset if I got upset and ice
spiked the farm before..but to have my own father turn against me and send me here." She sighs deeply. "As I said, I am just going to have to make do and clean dishes the rest of my life while getting paper cuts to my fingers in the Library."

Aelrena is already shaking her slowly, but sadly as she watches the Novice, the tail on the back of her head swaying from side to side.

Aelrena says 'Have you considered Aja that perhaps your family was not so much upset, as scared? The One Power is dangerous to those who don't know how to wield it. I'm sure they didn't want to lose their daughter, no matter the loss of a bull or not.'

Aja mumbles, a tear slowly running down her cheek. "Maybe you are right, but it just isn't like
father to send me away. He must really have been scared if what you say is true..and I have never seen him scared."

Aelrena walks over quietly, before she sets gently on the edge of the bed, laying her right hand over Aja’s. "Fear does strange things to people. And sometimes seeing the people we love, people who we thought beyond such emotions, experiencing them, is even scarier to us." She then gently squeezes the novice’s hand, smiling as she looks down at her. "It's okay, you know. The wheel weaves as the Wheel wills. You're here for a reason."

Aja blinks innocently and her lips curl into a smile. "Maybe you are correct again", her voice soft
as she says that only to rise when she adds, "but the Tower needs more help in the kitchen and
library!"

Aelrena says 'Patience is the key Aja, I know that it seems hard and like nothing will get better, but it does. All of us have served our time as novices, where chores seem near endless.'

Aja nods. "I think I will sleep now, Accepted Aelrena. I hope you enjoy your book. I just need some rest after a long day. Thank you for speaking with me."

Aelrena looks back out to her papers on the ground, where the ward keeps them safe, before looking back to you. "So long as you are okay, you can always come talk to me, to make sure you know.”

Aja's lips once more curl into a bright smile. "I will. Goodnight Accepted."

Aelrena says 'I know what it's like to need someone to talk to about what's going on. There is no shame in that, you are, after all, A living woman. Good night, Aja.'

Aelrena returns to her papers and quietly unweaves the wards, settling back on the floor to continue her work.

Raeza

Re: A *not so* Quiet Moment in the Well

Post by Raeza » Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Awarded:

Aelrena - 3 rpqps (2 + 1 for editing)
Aja - 2 rpqps

Please 'receive' them at a silver-haired sister.