An Introduction to Aloisa Sedai

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Aelrena

An Introduction to Aloisa Sedai

Post by Aelrena » Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:43 am

Main Characters: Aloisa, Aelrena

Summary: In which Aloisa and Aelrena have a long-awaited meeting, speaking on Aelrena's past and her aspirations for the future

Edited lightly for clarity and generated with RP-lizer

Den of the Red Ajah
This room reflects the cool nature of the Red Ajah, the furnishings just as
severe as the rest of the room. A gilded chair rests near the center of the
room, accompanied by an equally elaborate dark wooden desk. Chairs have
been drawn up to the tall, arched windows, which look over the western side
of Tar Valon, the western bank of the Erinin and Dragonmount beyond,
serving as a constant reminder of the purpose of the Red Ajah.

A chair made of red oak rests next to the table.
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table.
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Aloisa do Feia a'Oghri is sitting here on a stout oaken chair.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Red Sister stares down here nose here.
Galina Casban completely ignores you.

Aelrena curtseys to her audience.

Aloisa gestures and the door slams shut from an unseen force.

Aloisa continues reading the papers on the desk before her.

Aloisa raises her hand and displays a single finger.

Aloisa mutters, 'A moment, child.'

Aelrena slips in the door and smiles, though clasping her hands across her waist and waiting silently.

Aloisa takes a quill from the desk and writes something on the paper before her.

Aloisa sets the quill back, then rereads the paper once more.

Aloisa gives a satisfied nod and places the paper in a leather folio.

Aloisa turns her attention to Aelrena, her blue eyes ice cold.

Aloisa says 'Thank you for waiting, Accepted.'

Aelrena says 'Of course Aes Sedai, it is not my place to interrupt you, and I of course, asked to meet with you. It was only right that I allow you all the time you needed.'

Aloisa nods, curls swaying.

Aloisa says 'Yes. A good understanding of courtesy.'

Aloisa says 'You did wish to meet, though I have been busy with the affairs of the Tower.'

Aloisa says 'Why don't you begin by telling me about yourself, child, and then we can move on to whatever else it is you wished to discuss.'

Aloisa gestures to the empty chair across the desk from her.

Aloisa says 'Take a seat.'

Aelrena sit down on a stout oaken chair.

Aelrena slides into the desk, her expression pensive as she considers the comment.

Aloisa rests her elbows on the chair and steeples her fingers together before her.

Aelrena says 'Well, Aloisa Sedai, did you wish to hear of my current studies, my life before the tower,or how I wish to move forward in my time within the Tower as an institution?'

Aloisa smiles slightly at that, though her eyes remain as cold as ever.

Aloisa says 'Tell me about how you came here, child. Then perhaps about where your interests lie and how you have enjoyed your time with us.'

Aelrena chuckles slightly, though there is a small tightening around the eyes when her origin is mentioned.

Aloisa studies Aelrena over her fingers, face a mask of calm.

Aelrena says 'Well Aloisa Sedai, I came from Caemlyn, actually. I worked in the royal library as a scribe before, well, a certain situation forced me to find another home. My mother and father needed a bit more income to care for me and my younger siblings, so I helped where I could.'

Aloisa arches an eyebrow.

Aloisa says 'A scribe?'

Aelrena nods at her.

Aloisa says 'How interesting. We do not often find ourselves with girls so experienced or
knowledgeable.'

Aloisa says 'And the Royal Library. Fascinating.'

Aelrena says 'Yes Aloisa Sedai, my father had just enough sway in the Queen's guard that he managed to have a position opened for me.'

Aloisa says 'Tell me about this situation.'

Aloisa says 'The one that forced you to find another home.'

Aelrena looks vaguely uncomfortable, and she looks down to the desk, her hands clasped atop it.

Aloisa waits in silence.

Aelrena says 'Well, Aloisa Sedai, there was a... noble who had a rather... unhealthy interest in me. '

Aloisa says 'Ahh,' in understanding.

Aloisa says 'You did not wish to marry a nobleman, child?'

Aloisa says 'An Andoran lord could provide a very comfortable life.'

Aelrena says 'After his interest became more... intrusive, when I found men following me home to my mother's shop, I realized that it would be best were I to... disappear from his sights. My mother was not as excited at the prospect.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Aelrena says 'I can't say that I had or have very much interest in ever being married, Aloisa Sedai. '

Aloisa says 'Well, then it is good you left.'

Aloisa says 'So you ran away to the Tower to avoid a leering nobleman with an interest in
kidnapping?'

Aelrena nods quietly, her eyes on the table before she looks up and meets the Aes Sedai's own gaze, the young Accepted's eyes seemingly made of hard earth.

Aelrena says 'Yes, Aloisa Sedai, that is the right of it.'

Aelrena says 'My intent was to claim sanctuary, if I didn't have the ability to learn to wield the One Power.'

Aloisa says 'Very exciting, child. Did you discover you could be taught to wield the One Power
here?'

Aelrena nods at her.

Aelrena says 'I did Aes Sedai, Alexis Sedai gave me the test herself.'

Aloisa says 'Ah, well, a happy ending then.'

Aelrena says 'The happiest ending I believe that tale could have found.'

Aelrena smiles, though it doesn't reach her eyes, her face looking slightly haggard.

Aloisa says 'Well, you are an Accepted now. You left that life behind, child.'

Aloisa says 'Tell me of your time in the Tower.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Aloisa leans back in her seat and crosses her legs, kicking her skirts a bit as she does.

Aelrena says 'My time in the Tower has been fraught with great excitement, Aloisa Sedai. My time as a Novice was harsh, as it is for all, but otherwise, I've found it to be an experience beyond what I could have ever dreamed.'

Aloisa says 'And what is it you have enjoyed the most, child?'

Aelrena 's voice is tinted with awe as she continues "The library itself is, well. Massive beyond my dreams."

Aelrena ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Aloisa says 'Ah, the library. You talk of it with such excitement.'

Aloisa nods as Aelrena speaks, but here eyes travel to the window and Dragonmount beyond.

Aelrena says 'Speaking with Aes Sedai such as yourself, Aloisa Sedai. There's is such wisdom to be gained from the experiences and knowledge that you've all had throughout your lives.'

Aloisa turns her eyes back to Aelrena with that comment.

Aloisa says 'Well, talking with Aes Sedai was never my favorite part.'

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Aloisa says 'Stealing cakes from the Kitchens and wine from the pantry was much more to my liking.'

Aelrena 's expression transforms to a smirk and she hides a chuckle behind her hand at the comment.

Aloisa says 'Well, you are an accomplished Accepted. Have you been considering which Ajah you will petition?'

Aelrena says 'I believe that you'll find little surprise if I told you that I have petitioned the Brown
Ajah for apprenticeship, Aloisa Sedai.'

Aloisa says 'Ah. Well, a scribe to the scribes makes sense, child.'

Aelrena says 'Though there was a time that I considered both the Blue and the Yellow.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Aloisa says 'All fine Ajahs,' though her tone has taken on a businesslike quality.

Aloisa says 'If reading and research is your desire, the Browns make a fine Ajah to petition.'

Aloisa says 'Should you need any more... practical lessons, please feel free to contect myself or
one of my Sisters.'

Aelrena says 'I believe Sarinda Sedai hoped that I would find my way to the Red, but I'm not certain that I have the head for combat it requires.'

Aloisa smiles happily.

Aelrena says 'I would be honored to take you up on that some time,
Aloisa Sedai.'

Aloisa says 'It is a weakness of Aes Sedai to think that all girls should join their own Ajah.'

Aelrena says 'But also a weakness of many Accepted to believe that they shouldn't incorporate the wisdom and experience of all Ajahs into their training.'

Aelrena looks back down to the desk, and a hair that has pulled free of her tail falls forward.

Aloisa nods in agreement.

Aloisa says 'Well, of course the Browns do that quite well.'

Aloisa says 'I heard Catisune Sedai was battling a fountain just the other day.'

Aloisa says 'Putting my combat training to the test!'

Aelrena says 'I hear Catisune Sedai is a force to be reckoned with, I hope to have her as my Mentor.'

Aloisa says 'A brilliant mind', her tone diplomatic.

Aelrena says 'I wish for nothing more than to become as... if not legendary, then as... '

Aelrena pauses, clearly looking for the proper word.

Aloisa says 'Prone to carrying books?'

Aelrena falls down laughing.

Aelrena says 'Severe is the only term that comes to mind, as I've heard of you and Catisune both.'

Aelrena says 'I've been led to believe that the two of you are both women with wills of cuendillar.'

Aloisa shrugs, a dismissive gesture.

Aloisa says 'All Aes Sedai are such women, child.'

Aloisa says 'You will become one too, should you ever reach the shawl.'

Aloisa says 'Now, to summarize.'
Aelrena says 'When I reach the shawl, Aloisa Sedai, though I believe that time is far off. I will not
fail.'

Aloisa says 'I hope that's right, child. Time will tell.'

Aloisa says 'But you were a scribe, you ran off from being a scribe to a life of adventure and
hardship here, and now you wish to become a scribe again.'

Aloisa says 'But in the mean time, you would seek other knowledge.'

Aloisa says 'What have you done to expand that knowledge so far, child?'

Aelrena says 'Well Aloisa Sedai, I've conferred with different sisters of the Ajahs, all except for the Green as of yet.'

Aelrena says 'I've explored into a structure found in Illian, which I believe that was built in the Age of Legends, for the Brown Ajah.'

Aelrena says 'I've been exploring the uses of Spirit in the different weaves of the One Power, and on a task for Tolza Sedai, I've been attempting to create a guidebook on the Ways.'

Aloisa grins, a predatory gleam in her eyes.

Aloisa says 'Riveting work, it sounds.'

Aloisa says 'And have you spent any time sparring your fellow Accepted?'

Aloisa says 'Or worked on your weaving in combat?'

Aelrena says 'I have Aloisa Sedai.'

Aloisa says 'And how has that gone?'

A scout narrates 'Call the banners! Shadowspawn sighted at Tarwin's Gap!'

Aelrena says 'I have been working on my ability to weave quickly on a task for Sarinda Sedai, though I've yet to do well enough that I would report success to her.'

Aloisa nods in agreement.

Aelrena ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Aloisa says 'It is important to work on these things, child.'

A scout narrates 'Call the banners! Shadowspawn sighted at Tarwin's Gap!'

Aloisa rises from her seat and glides to the window.

Aloisa clambers to her feet.

Aelrena says 'I would say that it goes well, in that I'm constantly improving by making note of the
places to which I perform poorly.'

Aloisa says 'Good. It sounds as though you must improve on your ability to wield the One Power as a weapon.'

Aelrena watches the Aes Sedai stand, curiosity clear on her face as she stands as well, clearly
trying to be courteous.

Aelrena stands up.

Aloisa looks out the window, eyes locked on the mountain beyond.

Aloisa says 'The times are quite dark, child. We all must prepare.'

Aelrena senses Aloisa connecting to the True Source.

Aelrena nods at her.

Aelrena senses Aloisa is channeling saidar.

Aelrena feels isolated from the Source!

Aloisa turns to face the Accepted.

Aloisa says 'You see how easy that was, child?'

Aelrena says 'I have heard tale, Aloisa Sedai. Women come to the Tower in power and numbers that we seldom see.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Cool invisible fingers wrap themselves around you, restricting every movement.
Aelrena suddenly goes rigid.

Aloisa says 'At any moment, this could happen to you.'

Aloisa says 'Your access to the Source taken from you.'

Aloisa says 'Your ability to move freely denied.'

Aloisa studies Aelrena as a cat might study a mouse.

Aelrena calmly gazes at the Aes Sedai, fear nowhere to be found in her expression.

Aloisa says 'Aes Sedai live lives of danger, child.'

Aloisa says 'Your task now is to prepare for it.'

Aloisa makes a dropping motion with one hand, releasing the flows of Air.

Aelrena senses Aloisa connecting to the True Source.

Aelrena feels her connection to the Source restored.

Aelrena says 'Yes, Aloisa Sedai.'

Aloisa studies Aelrena closely, then gives a small nod. There is a hint of satisfaction there.

Aloisa says 'Good.'

Aelrena says 'Both in my ability to weave, but also in my capability to fight when deprived of it.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Aloisa says 'While you work on Sarinda Sedai's task I will not give you another.'

Aloisa says 'But should you find yourself lacking in any send me a note and I shall assign some.'

Aelrena nods at her.

Aloisa says 'Well, you are dismissed child.'

Aelrena says 'I will be sure to do so Aes Sedai. I look forward to a chance to learn from whatever you put before me.'

Aloisa gestures with her hand.

Aelrena curtseys before her.

The door smoothly swings open.

Aloisa gestures dismissively then turns back to the windows.

Aelrena says 'Would you like me to make sure food is sent up for you, Aloisa Sedai?'

Aloisa says 'No, child. I will be fine.'

Aloisa studies the mountain beyond.

Aelrena says 'Light illumine you, Aes Sedai. Thank you for your time.'

Aelrena exits the Den of the Red Ajah.

Raeza

Re: An Introduction to Aloisa Sedai

Post by Raeza » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:56 pm

Awarded:

Aelrena - 5 rpqps (3 + 2 for editing)
Aloisa - 3 rpqps

Please 'receive' them at a silver-haired sister.