Catisune Takes an Apprentice

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Catisune

Catisune Takes an Apprentice

Post by Catisune » Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:47 pm

In which Catisune Sedai takes an apprentice.

Characters: Catisune, Aelrena

Through the rp-lizer and then lightly edited for concision and clarity.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The carveddoor is opened from the other side.

Aelrena has arrived from the south.

Aelrena curtseys gracefully.

Aelrena closes the carveddoor.

Aelrena blushes.

Catisune gestures at the door with her hand.

The door silently swings shut and lock with a soft *click*.

Catisune smiles congenially from her perch in a plush chair near the Ajah Study windows.

Catisune says 'Welcome, Accepted.'

Aelrena slips into the room, her brown hair pulled into a tail.

Aelrena says 'Thank you, Catisune Sedai. I hope you're well today?'

Aelrena smiles happily.

Catisune says, the bun atop her head swaying dangerously 'As ever, dear.'

Catisune says 'Please, come sit.'

Aelrena says 'I'm glad to hear that Catisune Sedai.'

Catisune gestures to the empty chair across from her. She examines the embroidery hoop resting in her lap.

Aelrena says 'Is that a new piece, Catisune Sedai?'

Catisune casts aside her hoop in favor of rummaging in the bag at her feet 'Just something to keep the hands busy, dear.'

Catisune produces a parchment with a triumphant flourish. She then drops it.

Aelrena says 'and a tool to have people think you're more distracted than you are?'

Aelrena arches an eyebrow.

Catisune says 'Don't be spilling all my secrets already, dear. We've only just met.'

Aelrena chuckles politely.

Catisune smiles to soften the sting of her tease. Her eyes crinkle merrily at the corners.

Catisune says 'Would you?'

Catisune gestures to the paper on the ground beside her chair.

Aelrena says 'Apologies, it was more a suspicion than a claim, of course. I'd never share my observations with anyone other than yourself.'

Catisune taps her large nose knowingly.

Aelrena leans over, gingerly taking the paper in hand before leaning up and handing it to the Aes Sedai, her head bowed slightly.

Catisune skims the parchment briefly once more for good measure.

Catisune says 'So, before me sits a potential apprentice.'

Aelrena nods in agreement.

Aelrena says 'That would be my hope, yes, Catisune Sedai.'

Catisune steeples her spindly fingers under her chin 'Well, tell me why, child, and do not bore me.'

Aelrena chuckles slightly, her mouth quirking to the side as she looks up, clearly thinking.

Catisune 's own attention has shifted to the River Erinin coursing outside the large Ajah windows. She emits the sort of sound a dog might make when getting its belly scratched.

Aelrena looks back down, meeting the Aes Sedai's eyes, "I believe I've seen, more from you than any other Brown Sister, an interest in the affairs of what goes on outside the libraries. I would wish to learn the knowledge that you've gained, to understand the tricks you've picked up through the years to help keep people off their balance when dealing with what they think is a distracted Brown sister." The Accepted gestures to the embroidery hoop.

Catisune smiles, and the gesture touches her large, watery eyes.

Aelrena says 'At the same time, I believe that I would make a good apprentice because I understand the importance of all knowledge, even when it doesn't readily seem as it would be useful. Every bit of knowledge out there has a use and a place, even if we don't readily see it. That doesn't mean that we should discard it, or view it as less useful.'

Catisune says 'Perhaps I've found another archivist.'

Catisune says 'But what of the other Ajahs? Have you treated with my sisters?'

Catisune says 'The Blues might teach you how to distract with one hand and lead with the other.'

Aelrena says 'Since I've come to the tower, I've spent time with each of the Ajahs, except the Green, attempting to reconcile and understand the different knowledges and wisdoms that each have come to find in their adventures. Because one Ajah does not have all the answers, and it's by working together we can have a more complete understanding of, well, existence itself.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Catisune 's lips twist ever so imperceptibly.

Aelrena says 'The blues are too... focused on their own causes. They often forget that life is worth living, at least in my opinion. I also find that the other Ajahs are too focused on, well, the present. They're so worried about what to do now, that they don't consider the future, and how we
might be better prepared to face it.'

Aelrena shakes her head.

Catisune says 'I am satisfied in your interest, child.'

Catisune says 'But what would you study?'

Catisune cants her head to one side, ever the bird.

Aelrena says 'And as far as being an archivist? I don't believe so, though of course I would spend time in the Tower. I believe there are many sisters already to tend the stacks.'

Aelrena says 'I assume asking what I WOULDN'T study is off of the table.'

Aelrena chuckles, her eyes filled with mirth as she looks to the Aes Sedai.

Catisune says 'The table is rather cluttered, dear, but I am willing to entertain more foolish notions than most Aes Sedai.'

Aelrena says 'I believe first and foremost I would like to uncover what we can that has been lost in the Age of Legends. Things such as the Ways, the creation of cuendillar, the making of ter'angreal, is all beyond us. Knowledge that has been lost since the Breaking of the world and the tainting of Saidin.'

Catisune nods, her censorious bun swaying.

Catisune says 'The study of ter'angreal is dear to my sisters.'

Catisune says 'And you will learn much from us.'

Aelrena nods along with the rhythm of her words, excitement clear as she continues on "Of course, I mention only the large things, weaves and objects which are beyond is in ways that we don't understand. But even now I would say that studying new uses of the power. Afterall, new weaves must come from somewhere for us to be able to expand our abilities, and I would have to possibly uncover uses that have long since been thought lost.

Catisune 's lips quirk at the Accepted's exuberance.

Catisune says 'To be sure, dear. But we most start somewhere.'

Catisune says 'If you were to teach a class, what subject matter would compel you?'

Aelrena says 'Currently? I think I would pick the Reign of Artur Hawkwing, discussing the events of the past, and what the Aes Sedai of the time did both right, and wrong, with a discussion of what could have been done better.'

Catisune says 'Then start working on an outline, apprentice.'

Aelrena says 'Many Accepted become enthralled with the idea of teaching on the One Power, and forget that we must also lean on the Wi-'

Catisune smiles rather blandly as she blinks her large, watery eyes.

Aelrena looks to the Aes Sedai, a smile on her face.

Aelrena says 'Truly?'

Catisune says 'Truly.'

Catisune wields her spindly finger like a knife 'But--I have a few rules.'

Aelrena's expression changes to one of radiant joy, the smile nearly consuming her face, "I will begin work on it immediately, Catisune Sedai.

Aelrena nods at Catisune.

Aelrena's expression smooths out, and she cocks her head to the side, clearly listening closely.

Catisune begins enumerating said rules on her subsequent digits 'First, I expect you to make an impression. I do not apprentice anyone who I do not think will claim the shawl of an Aes Sedai.'

Catisune gets to her second finger and stops 'Well, really just the one rule then.'

Aelrena says 'all the more important for its ... solitude.'

Catisune says 'While I will serve as your mentor, you should seek the wisdom of all my Brown sisters.'

Catisune says 'The Brown is noted for its commitment to collaboration, after all.'

Aelrena says 'Of course Catisune Sedai. I would hardly give up reaching out to other sisters after I just spoke on the advantages of multiple opinions.'

Catisune continues pedantically 'You will work on your class outline and your Ajah proving quests. Have you begun those?'

Aelrena says 'I have not, I'm a bit short of the merits which I need to begin them, Catisune Sedai, but I've been working steadily to gather enough to begin them.'

Aelrena says 'And I will begin working my class outline immediately, there's plenty of information to be found in the library to begin it.'

Catisune says 'Continue to meet with sisters of other Ajahs and comport yourself well.'

Aelrena says 'I will do Catisune Sedai.'

Catisune has begun picking out meticulous stitches on her embroidery hoop once more 'What questions have you then, dear?'

Aelrena's tone is hesitant as she asks "Only if there's a limit on the number of lessons that I can prepare for? Clearly I must start with one, but I'm thinking that a series might be worth it, if we're going through the events of the past."

Catisune says 'I encourage you to teach as many classes as you wish.'

Catisune says 'I mandate only one.'

Catisune says 'You might also consider a research project to present to the Brown.'

Aelrena says 'And the requirement to teach one is to write up an outline and to send it you, correct?'

Catisune says 'I can share with you later the one I wrote as an Accepted.'

Catisune says 'You can send me an outline or we can rehearse right here or both.'

Aelrena says 'I believe that I have one working already, that Tolza Sedai suggested might be an avenue of thought, which is a guidebook upon the ways.'

Catisune taps her lip thoughtfully.

Catisune says 'That sounds interesting enough.'

Catisune says 'Seek me out with your questions and your struggles. I shall either help you through them or laugh.'

Catisune says 'Either will be instructive in its own way, to be sure.'

Aelrena says 'Laughing maybe even more so if it gives me perspective.'

Aelrena grins at Catisune.

Catisune taps her nose once more.

Catisune says 'Well, off with you then.'

Aelrena nods along, a small smile never leaving her lips due to her excitement.

Aelrena curtseys before Catisune.

Catisune says 'I shall make it known to my sisters whom to report your poor behavior to.'

Aelrena says 'Thank you again, Catisune.'

Catisune gestures with her hand.

The door smoothly swings open.

Aelrena says 'Would you like me to ensure a meal is sent up to you?'

Catisune says 'And wine.'

Danelle Sedai points at Catisune and says 'You're buying!'

Catisune winks one of her large, watery eyes.

Aelrena says 'I'll be sure to do so.'

Aelrena smiles happily.

Aelrena curtseys gracefully.

Aelrena leaves south. vv

Raeza

Re: Catisune Takes an Apprentice

Post by Raeza » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:29 pm

Awarded:

Catisune - 3 rpqps (2 + 1 for editing)
Aelrena - 2 rpqps

Please see the silver-haired sister.