Many Ways to Use Saidar

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Alvana

Many Ways to Use Saidar

Post by Alvana » Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:59 pm

Summary: Faith and Penzei share some favorite uses of Earth and Fire. Novice Aja gets a lesson in the potential usefulness of the One Power, specifically Water and Air.

Main Characters: Alvana (POV), Faith, Penzei, Aja
Edited names into emotes for easier reading / subject identification. Rearranged a few lines for better flow.

Setting the scene: Faith and I are standing around in the Tower Square shortly after Bobo attempted to cause his usual mischief.

You say 'Accepted, how are your studies progressing?'

Faith says 'Very well, I've been learning more about my weaves, and about locate and travel lately.'
Faith says 'Alvana Sedai'

You nod in agreement.
You say 'Which method of location do you prefer?'

Faith says 'I prefer locate object personally'

You nod in agreement.
You say 'Seems to be more reliable for transportation, to me.'

Faith nods in agreement.
Faith says 'It aligns more closely to my strengths in the One Power.'

You say 'Is that so?'

Faith nods in agreement.

You say 'Are you fairly strong with earth weaves?'

Faith says 'I believe I am'

You say 'Fascinating. So few women are.'

Faith smiles happily.

You say 'Have you ever attempted delving?'

Faith shakes her head.
Faith says 'I've heard of it but I do not know the technique.'
Faith says 'Something to study perhaps!'

You say 'I'm certainly not familiar with it enough to teach, unfortunately. My strength with earth is fairly weak for a Gray.'

Faith says 'Perhaps I can learn about it from a book.'

Aja has arrived from the north. [About a minute passes.]

You say 'Novice Aja. Might you be forgetting something?'

Aja dips into a deep curtsey as she enters the Square. "Pardon me, but I really need a drink!"

Alvana nods in satisfaction.

Penzei has arrived from the east, riding a warhorse.
Penzei curtseys gracefully.
Penzei says 'Greetings Alvana Sedai!'

Alvana grins at Penzei.
You say 'Accepted Penzei. Out and about collecting ingredients for healing salves, no doubt?'

Penzei says 'Bobo tried to attack us while we were trimming trees'
Penzei says 'Essentially'
Penzei says 'However he was not ready for what I had ready for him'
Penzei grins slightly at the mention.
Penzei says 'just lots of flames'
Penzei says 'hard to sneak up on someone when your on fire'

Alvana chuckles politely.

Aja reaches up to adjust her blonde ponytail to stay on her back and not lay over her shoulder. "Where is a mirror when you need one? My servants at home would have made sure to bring one with me."

You feel the flows of saidar coursing through your body.
You say 'Novice, observe.'

Aja blinks innocently and looks at Alvana Sedai.

Alvana uses weaves of water to lift a small quantity out of the fountain.

Aja cants her head to the right, admiring the water.

Alvana waves her fingers slightly and adds weaves of air, stretching and forming the water into a flat sheet.

Aja mumbles, "Pretty!"

Alvana brings the sheet of water perpendicular to the ground, just in front of the novice's face, allowing her reflection to be seen off the surface.
Alvana ties the weaves and smiles.

You say 'Now, I'd like you to try. Don't worry if you can't master the stretch. Using air to create a flat sheet of water is anything but intuitive.'

Aja brings her hands together and claps them happily as she sees Alvana Sedai's work. Hearing her command, she turns towards the fountain and tries to focus.

Penzei smiles faintly, towards the novice trying.

Aja grits her teeth as she embraces the One Power, but the water doesn't move.

You whisper to Penzei 'I'm sure she'd love some pointers, if you care to offer.'

Penzei says 'Embrace the source dear, don't force it, let it flow through you like a river'

Aja suddenly exhales loudly through her nose as her face turns red, her frustrated. She gets so upset that she ice spikes a bird flying overhead. Lowering her head, she says, "Forgive me. That is why my father sent me here. I can't control myself."

Penzei hops of her horse and walks over to the novice.
Penzei gently places her hands on her shoulders and says," The Saidar is like a dammed up river, clear your mind, and let it flow through you, and try to keep your emotions out of it "
Penzei says 'Give it another try'

Aja nods slowly at Accepted Penzei's words. "I am trying. I really am. I have just never had to do anything on my own with having servants around all the time."

Penzei subdues a giggle before speaking," Dear, the Saidar is better than any servant, it literally creates what your mind says to create "
Penzei says 'You need food, make yourself food, you need water make yourself water, if you need to
Penzei says 'Take a deep breath, and try again'

Aja looks once more to the fountain and focuses her Saidar, only one drop rising and it unstable. "Look! I did ..", the droplet suddenly falling back into the fountain, "..it! Oh no!"

Penzei smiles faintly before saying," Focus, dear "

Alvana smiles warmly at Aja. "That was a good first step."

Penzei says 'It was!'
Penzei says 'Imagine for a moment if you could use that water to wash all of those dishes you've been washing'
Penzei grins slightly at the mention.
Penzei says 'and give it another go'

Aja's shoulders and head lower, her exhausted from even having to focus so hard. "It would be nice. My hands look like prunes. I am sorry, Alvana Sedai and Accepted Penzei. May I try again later when I have studied more?"

Penzei says 'Of course dear, practice on your own and when your ready show us what you've accomplished!'
Penzei smiles faintly.

You say 'Certainly, Novice. Perhaps keep it as a goal to work up to some day.'
You say 'Step one is to lift some water from the fountain in a controlled manner. That's a good goal to begin with, when you have time.'

Aja dips once more into a deep curtsey then steps towards Accepted Penzei and hugs her briefly. "Sheriam Sedai has asked lots of me, so I probably should run back into the Tower and see if I can do her tasks."

Alvana nods at Aja.

Aja leaves north.

Raeza

Re: Many Ways to Use Saidar

Post by Raeza » Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:47 pm

I have awarded rpqps -- please say 'receive' at any silver-haired sister.

---

Rplizer +1 qps : Y
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : N
Length bonus +1-2 qps : N
Summary: +1 qps : Y

Total:
Alvana: 4 rpqps
Penzei: 2 rpqps
Aja: 2 rpqps
Faith: 1 rpqp