Novice Rumor Mill

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Amilya

Re: Novice Rumor Mill

Post by Amilya » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:27 pm

The novice rumor mill churned and spurted, turning out rumors, each more ridiculous than the last. It was a crude mechanism, not like the advanced Accepted rumor mill, which only churned out rumors that were absolutely, beyond the shadow of a doubt, true. Novice or Accepted, the rumors abounding all revolved around one subject: the novice Elmitsu and her recent ability to embrace Saidar unaided. The novices claimed Nevirha or Raeza had something to do with it, but the Accepted knew the truth. Everesta Sedai had beat the block out of Elmitsu when she found Elmitsu kissed Reil. What's more, Elmitsu was so scared that she actually shielded Everesta for a full two minutes! The Accepted didn't know much, but they knew enough to step lightly around Elmitsu.

Tigiria

Post by Tigiria » Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:37 pm

Novice rumor mill
Inextricable threads spun
hemming every dress

Some say that Catisune's poetry class
had every initiate makin' an ass
trying to write newfangled verse
hard to say who's done it the worst.

I can't believe you didn't hear about how there was almost a tussle in Chloro's class after Jenda called Relena an ol' battleaxe and said she'd swing her at Draz for fun. They said Draz turned as pale as his cloak and just about faded into the wall.

Someone said that Elmitsu hasn't been seen for a few days and no one can seem to track down Rolfe either -- have the most interesting couple of this month of Nesan finally absconded from the Tower? Who can say? The entire Well wrote a card with their well-wishes for the new couple and a small contest was thrown to decide the name of the baby -- results pending.

There's a new novice in the Tower tonight, some armored girl who lived right outside the walls of the city stumbled in today with a Seanchan bug helmet on her head. It is obvious to everyone with two eyes and a nose that she is just some poorly-disguised invader and some of the greener novices have been chasing each other around with silver chains and throwing them over each other's heads.

Elmitsu

Post by Elmitsu » Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:11 pm

The Novice Rumor Mill complained under the weight of its burden as if girls in white dresses dangled from each spoke of its wheel.

Most of those girls were chittering about the BODY Accepted Elmitsu found in the Blue Wing: some say the Accepted was inconsolable by the time Aelrena Sedai found her; others say, if a little more quietly, that of course it was Elmitsu who found the body and of course she won't shut up about it.

All anyone can say for sure is Elmitsu was later spotted leaving the Brown study whiter than those very Novice dresses.

Aleera

Post by Aleera » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:03 am

It was a busy evening in The Well if the Novice Rumor Mill bore any truth. There was -the body-m of course and the girls then just took the liberty to embellish even further. Animals in the Novice Quarters, a flock of chickens or was it an army of frogs? No, I heard it was a Domani Razor, fully kitted out in gleaming barding fit for battle. Magnificent! If stories are to be believed there was much drunkenness and many Novices and even Accepted might be having a rough time come morning. Perhaps this is why the stories kept seeming to grow.

Elmitsu

Post by Elmitsu » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:11 pm

The Novice Rumor Mill spat out bones. Weeks had passed since its last sumptuous repast, and now it suckled only on the gristliest of gossip, unripe nuggets like who’d fallen out of favor with Mistress Laras and precisely how many warders could fit inside Alanna Sedai’s tent.

That was, of course, until word spread of possible darkfriends within the White Tower. Surely it was a member of the Black Ajah who penetrated deep into the heart of the Blue wing, leaving a desecrated carcass for that poor Accepted to find.

Or maybe it was that strange man, spotted all over Tar Valon of late. He wore a red rose on his lapel and kept offering all the initiates strange fruit. The Novice Rumor Mill is not sentient, strictly speaking, but it still hopes that those girls didn’t eat that fruit.

Poison? Perhaps. Perhaps it was poison that found so many sisters visiting the Yellow Solarium for a bout of indigestion in recent weeks. Or perhaps it was unsanitary food handling conditions from the many horses and chickens that seem to be roaming the Tower, even the kitchens.

What of the Aes Sedai? Largely absent to their many charges, whispers reach the Novice Rumor Mill that they concern themselves with . . . a rock. Maybe several rocks? Maybe a hard place. This last bit is a little fuzzy for the Mill.

But it keeps turning.

Elmitsu

Post by Elmitsu » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:50 pm

Sometimes flotsam from the River Erinin drifted downstream and reached the large, hungry wheel attached to the face of the Novice Rumor Mill. If one squinted in the right light, the wheel looked like an eye or a mouth as it digested these offerings; it swept them under the water for river fish and the initiates who should have known better to tend the Mill’s gnawing hunger. Or perhaps the wheel was a mouth, sucking rumors from the chaos of its discarded excrement. Watch it swallow and destroy.

But everything here is a wheel or a mouth, a circle without end until we reach it. Like that story about Accepted Amarea. Did you know that she never really broke her block? No, I heard the Aes Sedai accidentally drowned her and replaced her with a lookalike. That’s why she parts her hair on the other side since taking the banded

Or how Accepted Aleera tricked a gaidin into carrying her into and out of Bandar Eban, her feet never touching the ground. They say she used riddles found deep in the restricted section of the library . . . like that fable about the queen who told stories all night long. She was supposed to die when the story ended, but

I heard Elmitsu can’t decide which Ajah to apprentice to because she’s colorblind—whenever you ask her, she starts explaining why she likes them all, even the Brown—and I’m pretty sure she doesn’t even know how to read. But there is a blind Accepted, whom no one saw coming, named Helen, which reminds me of

Lys Sedai recently returned to the Tower. She is a Blue, but also a Seafolk—like Sarinda Sedai, who is a Red, but also a Seafolk. I saw them whispering in the corridor, and I think they got their chains stuck together because

Aelrena Sedai came back to the Tower too. Did she ever leave? I heard she was looking for a man, but I thought she could see the practice yard from her

Somebody said Kitiara Sedai’s gaidin was a zombie! BACK FROM THE DEAD. I met him in the Square, and I didn’t think he smelled too

The mill skittered to a stop, but the wheel . . .