An Accepted Interviews for Apprenticeship

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Aloisa

An Accepted Interviews for Apprenticeship

Post by Aloisa » Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:55 pm

Summary: A brief conversation between Accepted Ruby and Aloisa Sedai about a possible apprenticeship to the Red Ajah. Pasted first is Ruby's letter to the Red Ajah seeking apprenticeship. Short log, but details the Ajah's requirements for future girls.

Characters:
Aloisa Sedai of the Red Ajah
Ruby the Tower Accepted
To the Sisters of the Red Ajah,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing today to express my interest in apprenticing to the Red Ajah. As a young girl, I heard stories of my uncle Devlin and how he went to Ghaeldan to fight the forces of the Dark One. When he returned home, he was a different man. He was thin and haggard and always looked haunted. When he was deep in his cups, he would whisper tales to me of the battles. One night, he might as well have been at the bottom of a well, he was so deep in them. He told me he heard whispers when there were none, and shadows moving in brightly lit rooms. He also told me how one day in the heat of battle, he was caught off guard by a trolloc and was sure he would perish. He thrashed and strained, trying to find some way to survive. While yearning and grasping he touched a power within him and instinctually felt he could bend it to save himself. The trolloc caught fire, with nothing but its boots remaining. He said he had never felt dirtier and scrubbed himself raw in a river that night.

It was shortly after that night when a handful of elegant women from Tar Valon visited our village, clothed in fine dresses and wearing red shawls. They found him in the village square. They gestured and it seemed like the air itself solidified around him. He yelled and screamed that they were mistaken, but they took him all the same. The last I heard, he was wandering the streets of Maradon begging for coins; a broken man.

I've thought about this many times over the years and while he was never the same, he was also no longer a threat to the world. He could not be allowed to continue as he was. He would have eventually gone mad and destroyed everyone and everything he loved. It was actually a kindness, what was done to him. I would like to serve the White Tower in this capacity and hope to enter an apprenticeship with the sisters of the Red Ajah.

In the Light,
-Ruby
Den of the Red Ajah
This room reflects the cool nature of the Red Ajah, the furnishings just as
severe as the rest of the room. A gilded chair rests near the center of the
room, accompanied by an equally elaborate dark wooden desk. Chairs have
been drawn up to the tall, arched windows, which look over the western side
of Tar Valon, the western bank of the Erinin and Dragonmount beyond,
serving as a constant reminder of the purpose of the Red Ajah.
[ obvious exits: E ]
Zone: White Tower Upper Floors
Door east: door
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Aloisa do Feia a’Oghri is sitting here on a stout oaken chair.
A large man eyes the surroundings warily, every movement fluid.
A large man eyes the surroundings warily, every movement fluid.
A striking woman stands here, seemingly ageless.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Red Sister stares down here nose here.
Galina Casban completely ignores you.

Someone knocks on the carveddoor from the other side.

Aloisa gestures with her hand.

A series of locks turn, and the door smoothly swings open.

Aloisa glances at the door and calls, 'Release the One Power and enter.'

Ruby has arrived from the east.

Ruby curtseys before Aloisa.

Aloisa channels Air towards the door.

Aloisa gestures and the door creaks and closes slowly.

Aloisa nods at Ruby, her curls swaying.

Ruby says 'I have come as quickly as I could, Aloisa Sedai.'

Aloisa says 'Please don't mind the crowd, these over eager warders are always investigating something.'

Aloisa says 'I am sure you did, child.'

Aloisa gestures to the empty chair across from her.

Ruby nods in agreement.

Aloisa says 'Take a seat, child.'

Ruby sits down on a stout oaken chair.

Aloisa says 'Now, I received your missive.'

Aloisa says 'I found it interesting, to say the least.'

Ruby nods solemnly.

Aloisa says 'Rarely has a girl felt a loss such as yours and wanted to join the Red Ajah.'

Aloisa says 'I would be interested in hearing why this event attracted you to us.'

Aloisa leans back in her chair, cold blue eyes weighing and measuring Ruby.

Ruby says 'It was a tragic result, but it was the best that could be hoped for. I still care for my uncle very much, but the wheel weaves and the wheel wills.'

Aloisa nods in understanding.

Aloisa says 'Yes, the tragedy of the Pattern. But why did it draw you to us?'

Ruby says 'I think these men are a danger to everyone and must be dealt with accordingly. But depending on how their madness presents, they should be gentled when possible.'

Aloisa nods again.

Ruby says 'I have learned through my studies that the main focus of the Red Ajah is to deal with such threats, and that brings my childhood events into focus.'

Aloisa says 'And so you saw firsthand the dangers of these men, I presume, and that prompted this?'

Aloisa says 'Interesting.'

Ruby says 'I saw the madness take him and hope to prevent that from afflicting others.'

Ruby says 'And if their deeds require more direct and forceful intervention, then so be it.'

Aloisa says 'Interesting. Please make us some tea, child.'

Aloisa gestures to a table with a Sea Folk porcelain teapot with matching cups and saucers.

Ruby says 'Yes, Aes Sedai.'

Ruby says 'May I use the Power to heat the water?'

Aloisa says 'Please do.'

Aloisa senses Ruby connecting to the True Source.

Ruby weaves a small thread of Fire into the porcelain teapot until steam begins to release.

Ruby places a spoon of tea leaves in each cup and pours hot water over them.

Ruby places the two cups of tea on the table before you.

Aloisa says 'Thank you, child.'

Ruby says 'My pleasure.'

Aloisa says 'Please, take your seat.'

Ruby returns to hear chair.

Aloisa takes the cup and saucer and brings it to her face, breathing in deep the smell of the tea.

Aloisa says 'I find tea makes conversations better.'

Aloisa says 'Now, you have progressed rather quickly through the Tower.'

Aloisa says 'Have you enjoyed your time?'

Ruby takes the cup and saucer and rests them on her lap.

Ruby says 'I have indeed. I have learned so much in my time in the Tower.'

Ruby says 'And once I was permitted to leave the grounds, I've been able to spend time with some of the sisters.'

Ruby says 'It has been most eye-opening.'

Aloisa says 'Yes, I imagine.'

Aloisa says 'Now, you expressed an interest in the Red Ajah and our mission. Can you tell me what you believe our mission to be?'

Ruby says 'From what I understand, it is the mission of the Red Ajah to prevent another Breaking of the world.'

Aloisa nods in agreement.

Aloisa says 'That is a very important part of our mission.'

Aloisa says 'But beyond that, our goal is to ensure that no one misuses the One Power.'

Aloisa says 'That expands the scope of our mission beyond just men who can channel.'

Ruby says 'Both male and female?'

Aloisa says 'Yes.'

Ruby nods in agreement.

Aloisa says 'Damane and sul'dam pairs are of a particular concern, as are any wilder women who misuse the Power.'

Aloisa scowls at her own mention of wilders.

Ruby says 'I wasn't aware of that part of your mission, but it makes perfect sense.'

Aloisa says 'Why do you say it makes perfect sense?'

Ruby says 'From my time in the library, I learned that it was both men and women who caused the Bore.'

Ruby says 'So the misuse was performed by both.'

Aloisa says 'Well said.'

Aloisa says 'Women can misuse the One Power same as men can. Only difference is men are predestined to go mad.'

Aloisa sips from her tea, then places the cup and saucer on the desk before her.

Ruby says 'That means those who haven't been trained by the Tower are at a risk of accidentally causing such damage. Or if the Seanchan invaders instruct their damane and sul'dam to do the same if they feel they will lose.'

Aloisa says 'Exactly, Ruby.'

Aloisa says 'Let us get to the heart of the matter, then, as I find myself short on time.'

Ruby nods in agreement.

Aloisa says 'The Red Ajah apprenticeship is open to any girl who wishes to try.'

Aloisa says 'But I must warn you, we are among the most demanding of the Ajahs and our tasks the most onerous.'

Aloisa says 'Many more girls fail than succeed.'

Ruby nods in agreement.

Aloisa says 'And presently, we have few Red sisters who are in the Tower'

Ruby says 'I have spoken with Accepted Sarinda a bit on the process. It does sound quite difficult.'

Aloisa says 'So your time as an apprentice may largely be conducted by note, but without any forgiveness for the lack of in person instruction.'

Aloisa says 'Now, the minimum tasks required are for you to bring to the Tower for judgment or defeat in combat some combination of five fades, dreadlords, male channelers, or other wanted channelers.'

Aloisa says 'In addition, you will be expected to teach a class related to the Red Ajah to your fellow initiates.'

Aloisa says 'Other tasks can and will be given to you by your mentor or any other Red Ajah Aes Sedai'

Ruby nods in agreement.

Aloisa says 'You will also be expected to fulfill all of your other work while doing so'

Aloisa says 'While you are apprenticed to the Red Ajah, you must be in good standing with all other Sisters.'

Aloisa says 'No Ajah alone makes a judgment on whether a girl is fit to be shawled, all Aes Sedai are involved.'

Aloisa says 'Do you have any questions?'

Ruby says 'I don't believe so.'

Aloisa says 'And do you wish to continue down this path?'

Aloisa eyes Ruby up and down once more, eyes colder than ever.

Ruby says 'I do, Aloisa Sedai.'

Ruby nods eagerly.

Aloisa says 'Then I shall apprentice you, at least until another sees fit.'

Aloisa says 'Have you begun the tasks required of all Accepted?'

Ruby says 'Oh, thanks you!'

Aloisa waves dismissively.

Aloisa says 'Do not thank me yet.'

Ruby says 'I have completed all of the tasks save turning in a trolloc scalp to the Aes Sedai that
helps Granlin.'

Aloisa says 'Good, then.'

Aloisa says 'You can focus on the actual important tasks.'

Aloisa says 'Meeting with Aes Sedai and honing your skills.'

Aloisa says 'I shall send you tasks, child. '

Aloisa says 'You are dismissed for now.'

Aloisa gestures with her hand.

Ruby says 'Thank you, Aloisa Sedai'

The door smoothly swings open.

Sarinda

Re: An Accepted Interviews for Apprenticeship

Post by Sarinda » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:30 am

Rplizer +1 qps : Y
Extra meticulous edit +1 qps : N
Length bonus +1-2 qps : N

Summary: +1 qps : Y

Total: 3 RP QPs to Aloisa, 2 RP QPs to Ruby. You can say 'receive' at any silver-haired Aes Sedai to receive these. Please notify me if you are not able to receive them.