Paths to Saidar

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Callesa

Paths to Saidar

Post by Callesa » Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:59 pm

A long in which I find the girls chatting in the kitchen and instead give them something better to do. Surprisingly, the two novices have different exercises for embracing Saidar and present them.

Point of view: Callesa
Main charactes: Chloro, Vaiton, Callesa
Brief appearance: Tolza

The Kitchens
[ obvious exits: E W ]
A giant sink sits here, filled with many dirty dishes.
A young girl in a plain white dress stands here.
A Tower guard is here protecting the peace.
Vaiton the Wearied Novice is standing here.
Tolza the Tower Accepted is standing here.
Chloro Arovni the Wearied Novice is standing here.
An Accepted stands here, ready to fulfill any Aes Sedai request.
Laras the Mistress of the Kitchens is here directing the kitchen workers.

Tolza curtseys gracefully.

Chloro says 'The wheel weaves as the wheel wills Accepted, who knows what the future brings for any
of us.'

Chloro curtseys gracefully.

Vaiton says 'I was going to do a few dishes, but there aren't many left'

Vaiton curtseys before you.

sink (here) :
[2] a stack of dirty dishes

You nod in agreement.

You say 'Good, at least the dishes get done, in between talking about the Wheel.'

Tolza says 'Light illuminate you Callesa Sedai.'

You nod at her.

Chloro blushes and smiles warmly.

You say 'So, what have you been up to, all of you?'

You say 'Laras, have they been working diligetnly enough?'

Tolza looks at Laras the Mistress of the Kitchens.

Callesa nods, as Laras responds "Yes, Aes Sedai, they've been doing quite well today."

Vaiton says 'I was putting away books in the library, but now there is none left! So I came down to
do a few dishes.’

You say 'Very well, you've done your chores, but you are above all students.'

You peer around into the shadows.

You say 'What have you been learning lately?'

You peer closely at Vaiton, trying to figure her out.

Vaiton says 'I have a report to submit to Eldrenia Sedai, on locate life, object and travel. Tolza
Accepted helped teach me about it'

Vaiton beams a smile at Tolza.

You say 'And you, Chloro?'

Chloro pulls a dish towel off the stack and drys her slightly pruned hands. "I have been studying
History surrounding the siege of Tar'valon and the creation the three oaths. It has been an
interesting subject."

Vaiton scrubs the dirty dishes in the sink.

You say 'Ah, good subjects both. Follow me, novices.'

Laras the Mistress of the Kitchens takes clean dishes from the drainboard and puts them in a
cupboard.
——walking to the Brown Ajah’s study——

You say 'I suppose you've both mastered the rosebud exercise?'

Chloro smooths her skirts allowing Vaiton to answer first.

Vaiton says 'My apologies Callesa, I am not familiar with the name of that exercise '

Vaiton says 'Callesa Sedai* sorry'

You say 'It is one of the first exercises we teach, when we help you embrace Saidar. Chloro, would
you care to walk Vaiton through it now?'

Chloro offers an arm on the younger novices shoulder for reassurance before speaking "It would be my
pleasure Callesa Sedai."

Callesa watches the two of you carefully, while taking a seat.

Chloro moves at an even all most gliding pace to the rug on the floor and carefully seats herself
cross legged."Vaiton please join me, I find during the first few times it is far easier to do while
sitting."

Vaiton sits down.

Vaiton nods in agreement.

Vaiton positions herself across from Chloro.

Chloro takes a slow deep breath then slows releases it while the novices situates on the rug."Have
you ever touched Saidar before either instructed or on your own?"

You say 'Vaiton is a Wearied Novice, I suppose she embraces without much of a trouble. But probably
with a different technique, that I would be curious about, right after we finish the Rosebud
Exercise.'

Vaiton says 'Yes I have. I was a wilder before joining the White Tower'

Chloro notes to the Aes Sedai." May we have permission to channel?"

You nod at Chloro.

You say 'Go ahead, girls, I want you to walk each other through how you embrace the Source, actually
embracing is a part of it.'

Callesa smiles encouragingly

Chloro places her hands palm up on her knees."Here they teach us how to embrace by using a budding
rose. If you would please, make yourself comfortable and close your eyes envisioning a closed
rosebud, it may take a few moments. When you have it let me know and we will begin."

Chloro offers words of comfort. "I to was a wilder for a few years before found. Ease your mind,
envision a budding rose, or any flower you like. Closed and in the dark."

Kairayla tells you 'i bet they wouldnt, but im not sure they have the cloaks'

Chloro says 'Good, now keep your eyes closed, keep the rose bud, listen to my voice.'

Chloro voice changes almost lowering slightly into a chant 'Clear your mind, let your emotions, your
thoughts, your feelings fade away, let yourself float, you are the rose bud, before morning."

Vaiton nods slightly as she focuses.

Chloro eyes opening watching the novice intently she brings herself as near to embracing as she dare
while keeping control. "As the sun rises feel its warmth on the rose bud, see the glow of it coming
up as dew drops seem to evaporate from the petals."

Chloro says 'You are the rose bud, your are at peace, you are one.'

Chloro smiles the sweet sensation of Saidar calling to her as she tries to keep her composure."
Slowly allow yourself to drink in the sun letting your petals unfold and the rays of sun pour into
while embrace."

Chloro smiles the sweet sensation of Saidar calling to her as she tries to keep her composure."
Slowly allow yourself to drink in the sun letting your petals unfold and the rays of sun pour into
while embrace."

Chloro slightly sighs in relief embracing Saidar allowing herself to pull in only a trickle. "Let
Saidar calmly flow into you like the rays into the rose petal. Let yourself open."

You sense Chloro connecting to the True Source.

Callesa observes Vaiton calmly

You say 'Open yourself to Saidar, Vaiton, no fear.'

Chloro watches Vaiton intently from behind a warm smile feeling the novice near embracing.

Vaiton lets herself open but takes in more then a trickle

You sense Vaiton connecting to the True Source.

You nod at Vaiton.

You say 'Well done. Now release, both of you.'

Vaiton says 'It is much easier then my technique indoors that I was taught!'

You say 'And Vaiton will walk you, Chloro, though her technique.'

You say 'I am curious about this way, but of course there are various paths to the same goal.'

Callesa smiles encouragingly

Chloro smiles "The water wheel is a nice alternate."

Vaiton says 'I was originally taught outside, but the concept is somewhat similar. '

Vaiton says 'First we clear our mind and make it as blank as possible. I do recommend to stay
sitting and close your eyes as well'

Chloro closes her eyes clearing her mind it was far easier now after a few years of training."I am
ready."

Vaiton says 'Next we focus on an isolated sound, such as the wind or water flowing. If there is no
noise, I was taught to focus on the sound of the heart'

Chloro brow furrows a moment contemplating the technique then calms herself again focusing on her
pulse.

Vaiton says 'let yourself be drawn into the sound, become one with it and follow the noise so its
soo familiar it feels like a part of you'

Chloro nods swaying ever so slightly to the rhythmic beat of her pulse.

Vaiton says 'now that you are insync with the noise. bring it back to yourself, and take control'

You sense Vaiton connecting to the True Source.

Chloro feels the beat of her pulse her mind reach out. Saidar floods into her a notable nimbus
forming around her as it catches her off guard. "That was, in one word, wild"

You sense Chloro connecting to the True Source.

Vaiton says 'Yes it works best outside and not so great indoors where there is less natural noises'

You smile happily.

You say 'A beautiful exercise, Vaiton.'

Vaiton says 'Thank you Callesa Sedai!'

Chloro slowly releases saider feeling the strong amount of power flow from her. "Perhaps this would
benefit someone in the heat of battle to focus on the heart beat. Thank you, I will add this to my
notes."

You say 'Good job, both of you. Solid knowledge of the basics is an important condition to acquiring
the more advanced skills. '

You say 'I know both of you can now embrace faster and more surely, but keep practicing, until it
becomes a second nature to you.'

Aloisa

Re: Paths to Saidar

Post by Aloisa » Thu May 12, 2022 7:07 pm

Callesa awarded 4 qps
Chloro awarded 2 qps
Vaiton awarded 2 qps

say receive at a silver haired aes sedai to receive qps