My class proposal- Accepted Ali and Log of a Debate with Mierin Sedai

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Alison

My class proposal- Accepted Ali and Log of a Debate with Mierin Sedai

Post by Alison » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:37 am

This was an excellent way of understanding my thought processes and what ajah i wanted to join as an Accepted. Mierin Sedai and a few other aes sedai led me to understand that my logical mind can be applied to becoming a White Ajah Sister.
The journey started to the White with this step. It is what i call a mind excercise and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Alison Sedai,

This happened on the 15th of september, before i apprenticed to the white ajah.

Class proposal for White Ajah - The nature of Light and Dark (shadow)

The overall thesis of this Class would be to discuss and hypothesise that one cannot exist without the other

Intro- Initially we start our class discussion on what is light and how we would go about comparing it to darkness. Light is the
balance to Darkness. Logically the nature of light can be evidenced by all the natural laws that exist within our world.

As well as our abillity to wield the one power will give evidence to the light being the counter to the darkness, but more on that
later in the class.

(Ask questions on what natural laws support the nature of light and what natural laws support the nature of darkness pertaining to the shadow)

Then to take it one step further we apply the nature of light to our battle against the shadow.

Light is the absence of darkness. Applied to the fight against the dark, then that might be that is why darkness fights so hard against us , to find a way into the light. To fill that void of them not existing in light.

Middle-

I was presented with this question from Mierin Sedai and it allowed us to evolve this class from it.

What does light represent in terms of human existence and what does dark represent in terms of human existance?

One cannot exist without the other. Light equals life, dark equals death. For the purpose of this class we will make the conclusion
that Life is the balance to death.

Into this discussion i would like to present the additive law of mathemetics. Whatever is done to one side of the equation must be done to the other.

Dark is on one side of the equation and Life is on the other side of the equation.

Both act as forces one against the other upon the pattern.

Lets imagine a world without decay, no death. Where would we put everyone? how would we eat? how would we know if you cannot exit this existance?

Our war is not to defeat the shadow but to restore balance.

I degress that this is a controversial statement to make. From a pure mathemetical point of view if you dont balance the equation all kinds of unforseen events can take place.

Can anyone give me examples of when the shadow is unbalancing the equation at this time of the Pattern. And or at what point in the past did it start to gain more in the equation than the light?

I would like to present the history of the bore being created. The moment of time when the forsaken decided to gain more power than they have already had. Thus they attempted to bring to that present greater power to the world of darkness, decay , death. Presenting evidence at this
time that when they created the bore, they added more to the dark and less to the light.

To understand the life and death balance before the bore, you will have to pick up a history book and
study that. What i want to present from that time is the advaced medicines, contraptions that we only have scraps of. The Hall of a hundred servants. A time when everyone was working in harmony. Dare i say it was a golden age.

That age is an example of when our current equation of light vs dark is in perfect balance. Then the bore was created. Making a doorway from the world of the dead to the world of the living.

The dark one was able to touch our world. In order to bring balance, the Dragon was able to rebalance the events that broke the world. For the purpose of our class I present that the dragon is the agent of balance.

To quote a statement by Mierin Sedai for entry into further evidence, 'Remember that one cannot exist without the other. we, the world of life are the counter to the dark one. his influence is greater because of the bore. the Creator is of balance and the dragon is the agent he uses to restore balance.

Thus far we have presented life and death as parts of the same equation and through studying of history we can conclude that the forces of death and darkness have gained increased dominance since the bore was created, patched and sealed.

We are the balance to the equation. We are the force that has to balance the darkness through the usage of the one power and creation of events that would counter the forces of darkness.

Conclusion-

In conclusion to my class I will bring you back to the original thesis of this class. Light is the balance of darkness. Through evidence presented and history from the creation of the bore to the present. I can conclude that we have sorely been unbalanced. Evidence in the physical world can be shown through the presentation of the blight bears, blight plants. Worms the size of horses. Creatures singing and stopping us from weaving.

My fellow tower initiates and Aes sedai. There is a plathora of evidence that is beyond the scope of this class that shows that the creation of the White tower has brought a semblance of balance into the world since the breaking of the world. We have come a long way in bringing balance and like the Agent of the Creator, we have a lot of work ahead of us to continue balancing the light vs darkness equation.

To disprove my hypothesis as impossible, i ask you to present counter evidence to my statements made throughout this class. One is more likely to prove that death doesnt exist than to present evidence against what is. Just as in mathemetics and logic, there must be balance. Logic is the balance of Emotions. Light is the balance of darkness. Life cannot exist without death, even though the forces of death constantly strife to overcome life.

Thank you for coming to my class. I will now take further questions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rp Log between MIerin Sedai and i over tells. While this event was taking place i was engaged in Pk versus Spawn in Whitebridge. Basically had to debate with a White Ajah Sister while fighting Spawn.
This was one of my most favourite memories .

Alison Sedai,
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mierin tells you 'im doing a class on the nature of light and dark (shadow), interested ?'

tell Mierin yes, now

Mierin tells you 'the overall thesis is that one cannot exist without the other '

tell mierin Well logically in the nature of light wihtout darkenss, how do you quantify that light is truly light without its counter balance.

Mierin tells you 'light is the absence of darkness '

tell mierin It is only at its basis defied at light with the counter of darkness,

Mierin tells you 'now apply that to our battle against the shadow '

tell mierin Is that proven though? What absolute facts support that statement without concrete evidence?

tell mierin Light is the absence of darkness. Hmm, applied to the fight against the dark, then that might be that is why darkness fights so hard against us , to find a way into the light. To fill that void of them not existing in light.

Mierin tells you 'of course it's proven. it's one of the basic natural laws '

tell mierin we can also conclude that the light strives to bring that absolute light into the darkness to weaken its overall viabillity

Mierin tells you 'what does light represent in terms of human existence '

tell Mierin at its basis, illunation.

Mierin tells you 'same question about shadow '

Mierin tells you 'deeper '

tell Mierin at darks basis, deillumination.

Mierin tells you 'deeper '

Mierin tells you 'life? Creation ?'

tell Mierin both elemnts are guided by the basis of light and dark. eg humans on light are guided by the priniciples of what we define as light

tell mierin and dark spawn is driven by the natur of dark elements. both guided blindly by elements of forces not clearly defined , but controlled by or ordered by. eg think of natural laws being a defining point of all of your existance without you truly understanding the nature of that drivingforece.

Mierin tells you 'remember my overall thesis '

tell Mierin if both groups are driven by that natural laws of light and dark, then both groups are subject to light and darks natural lawness . Thus wihout one the other one will collpase as its been proven that some laws require others to exist.

Mierin tells you 'one cannot exist without the other . light equals life, dark equals death . right'

tell Mierin exactly. both are subject to natural laws, both are intertwined in nature. AS we are subject to those laws, if we remove one, then the natural order of life/death would disintegrate

* HP:Healthy SP:Good MV:Fresh > tell Mierin i see as an equation
release

tell Mierin 1+1 equals 2

tell Mierin remove left part of the equation and the whole thing collapses.

Mierin tells you 'both act as forces one against the other upon the pattern '

tell Mierin lets imagine a world without decay, no death. Where would we put everyone? how would we eat? how would we know if you can exit this existance?

Mierin tells you 'our war is not to defeat the shadow but to restore balance '

tell Mierin if you apply this to ages, one age has to go into darkness - end, so that a new age can be born- light.

tell Mierin yes. Right now darkness have the upper hand with their raids into our lands, their numbers are increasing , thus unbalancing the equation.

tell Mierin the forces of light are less than ideal to balance the dark.

Mierin tells you 'there must be a countering force to balance the equation '

Mierin tells you 'the additive law'

tell Mierin it brings it around to us being accepted. We are essentially a balance to the fight as well. but most of us are weary to fight due to the qps loss.

tell Mierin I dont think ive heard that law before.

Mierin tells you 'the additive law, basic algebra '

Mierin tells you 'whatever is done to one side of the equation must be done to the other '

Mierin tells you 'the shadow is strong because of outside interference'

tell Mierin would one say that their additive elements have higher value. Thus unbalancing the equation?

Mierin tells you 'the dragon is the agent of balance '

tell Mierin You want to bring the dragon into the discussion?

tell Mierin I would rather say that the dragon is the balance to the bore and forces of dark, and the creator the balance to the dark one. Given that we only have the creator in the equation at this time, we are sorely under balanced

Mierin tells you 'in the last age it was known as such , but for simplification we will use that '

tell Mierin we can conclude that if we bring evidence of the nature of both sides, that once we present the facts. We would be able to support your original thesis.

Mierin tells you 'you're not looking deep enough . Remember that one cannot exist without the other . we, the world of life are the counter to the dark one. his influence is greater because of the bore. the creator is of balance and the dragon is the agent he uses to restore balance '

Mierin tells you 'he created the light, and by logical inference the dark '

tell Mierin the creator is what created dark and light

Mierin tells you 'the world of life is the light, remember light is synonymous with life '

ell Mierin are you going to liken darkone and bore as one and the same?

Mierin tells you 'and dark represent death decay rot'

Mierin tells you 'it's goal is to turn all creation into the blight '

Mierin tells you 'you're stuck on assuming that the dark one is counter to the creator . if that were so we would already be dead'

tell Mierin I wont make that connection though.

Mierin tells you 'or do you not believe that the entity who created all life doesn't have the power to destroy all life'

tell Mierin Indeed, you have the power to make and unmake.

tell Mierin This will digress into a different discussion if we do that.

tell Mierin if you draw this back. Light and darkness was created at the same time. As was day and night, male female, saidar, saidin

Mierin tells you 'again if the dark one had power to destroy all life just as the creator has power to create all life why then are we not all dead. one cannot be stronger than the other '

tell Mierin everything is what it is. Dark and light has equal power. In a perfect balanced world.

tell Mierin if you want to prove that dark cannot exist without light, or vice versa you would have to prove its existance first. This is easily done by the providentiary evidence that exist like the bore, blight and the spawn running around.

Mierin tells you 'you're logic is flawed. if you equate the darkone to the creator they'd have equal power, yes?'

tell Mierin no, that would roam into the realm of what ifs, and imaginary data. Im simply refering that to prove light cannot exist without dark, one has to prove that both are counters to each other.

Mierin tells you 'created by whom?'

tell Mierin Isnt our discusion about light cannot exist without dark?

Mierin tells you 'the bore connected this world to the world of death creating imbalance '

tell Mierin agreed on that point.

Mierin tells you 'therefore this world, the world of life is the counter to the world of death '

tell Mierin are you inferring that the dark is the result of the bore into this world?

Mierin tells you 'you are confused because the darkone has some degree of sentience . we, humans are the sentience of the world of life . '

Mierin tells you 'only we can channel the one power '

Mierin tells you 'have a direct connection to the world of life'

* HP:Healthy SP:Bursting MV:Fresh > tell Mierin this will digress into a discussion of one power vs true power if you bring that into discussion.

tell Mierin i do agree about that we are the sentience in the world of life. I think we have it balanced within us, light and dark. Truly balanced.

---------------------------------
Unfortuneatly we did not continue after this.

--------------------------------

Nevirha

Re: My class proposal- Accepted Ali and Log of a Debate with Mierin Sedai

Post by Nevirha » Sun Nov 28, 2021 3:34 pm

Awarded:

Alison - 2 qps for log, +1 qp for editing
Mierin - 2 qps for log