The Blues Are Adaptable

A forum to leave your non-sensitive roleplay logs, stories and other roleplay contributions that deal with Tar Valon affairs.
Amilesa

The Blues Are Adaptable

Post by Amilesa » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:13 pm

Summary: Amilesa asks for clarification on an assignment Kitiara issued the day before while Kitiara pulls the nuance of the Blue Ajah from the three Accepted through questions and discussion.

POV: Amilesa
Participants: Kitiara, Amilesa, Vistra, and Eve

Conservatory of the Blue Ajah
During daytime, bright light floods in from tall, arched windows set in the
eastern wall, which offer a view of the many spires of Tar Valon as well as
the eastern bank of the Erinin. On clear days, the peaks of the Dragonwall
can be seen, far away to the east. Bookshelves, tables, maps and charts are
all present as the Blue sisters prepare for whatever tasks currently occupy
them or as they plan business away from the Tower. On one wall hang two
large portraits of Ciel Sedai and Adaire Sedai, with white ribbons of
mourning tied into the latticework of the frames.
[ obvious exits: W ] [ W: door ]
A chair made of red oak rests next to the table. [2]
A large desk made of fine, thick wood stands across the room from here.
Vistra the Journey Accepted is standing here.
Coshe Neofedd, Tower Accepted is standing here.
Lady Kitiara Sedai is sitting here.
A silver-haired Aes Sedai sits here, reading.
A Blue Sister is here, planning her next journey.
Anaiya Sedai of the Blue Ajah stands here.
Evee has arrived from the west.

Coshe curtseys gracefully.

Vistra curtseys before Kitiara.

Amilesa stops shortly after entering and curtsies to the Aes Sedai present.

Evee curtseys gracefully.

Kitiara gestures with her hand.

The door swings silently and shuts with a click.

Kitiara looks up from her desk, 'Well Coshe, you did find a gaggle of them.'

Coshe says 'That I did Kitiara Sedai'

Amilesa looks down the line of girls in danded dresses.

Vistra tries to smooth her face to serenity.

Kitiara looks at Amilesa.

Kitiara looks at Vistra.

Kitiara looks at Evee.

Kitiara says 'So, what can I do for you all?'

Coshe says 'Apologies Kitiara Sedai, Chloro Sedai has given me a task to assist Yve'

Kitiara nods at Coshe.

Coshe says 'May I take my leave'

Amilesa says 'I have a couple questions on the assignment you gave me last night, Aes Sedai.'

Kitiara says 'We spent enough time already, you are dismissed.'

Coshe tries to open the carveddoor, but can't.

Vistra looks around at the other Accepted.

Kitiara chuckles politely.

The door smoothly swings open.

Coshe smiles happily.

Coshe leaves west.

The carveddoor closes quietly.

The door swings silently and shuts with a click.

Evee says 'It was suggested by the other Aes Sedai that I meet with a Sister of the Blue.'

Vistra says 'All the other Aes Sedai say that we need to spend time with the other Ajahs. '

Evee nods at Vistra.

Vistra nods at Evee.

Kitiara says 'Amilesa you first, what are your questions'

Amilesa says 'I have two of them, Kitiara Sedai.'

Amilesa holds up a single finger on her hand.

Kitiara says 'I typically have a whole discussion before assigning that task, but you caught me short winded last night.'

Amilesa says 'The first is how would you like the results? Would you like it organized in a report, or in a discussion between us?'

Amilesa raises a second finger to join the first on her hand.

Kitiara says 'A discussion between us, please bring the items with you, or bring them to Anaiya and send me the list (log) for us to discuss at a later date.'

Amilesa says 'The second question is to ask if I need to find and turn in every item? Or is describing the item and how I would use it enough for some of them?'

Vistra stops using a water skin.

Vistra puts a water skin on her belt.

Amilesa lowers her fingers and places her hand back at her side.

Kitiara says 'I prefer you find them, however if they are of particular value or rarity exceptions can be made. '

Amilesa says 'Thank you, Aes Sedai. Those where my questions. As status, I believe I have the sets of items identified, annotating to myself the how and the why.'

Kitiara says 'Now, Vistra, Evee... two newer Accepted told to spend time with other Ajahs, and you finally pin down a Blue. Well what do you know about my Ajah, Amilesa, I expect you know more so give the other two a chance to answer first or you may leave if you wish.''

Amilesa says 'I would like to stay, if it is all the same to you, Kitiara Sedai.'

Vistra says 'That the Blue is known as the Justice Ajah.'

Kitiara nods and looks to Vistra.

Kitiara says 'How boring, what else?'

Vistra says 'That they have great causes that drive them.'

Kitiara says 'Lets come back to that, Evee?'

Evee says 'That the Blue's do what needs to be done. '

Kitiara says 'That is a our motto yes, fairly accurate, what else?'

Evee says 'there is mention that the Blues have excelled in administrations of the Tower.'

Kitiara says 'And why do you think that is?'

Kitiara grins wryly as she looks from one girl to the next.

Evee says 'I do not really know, Kitiara Sedai.'

Vistra says 'Because if justice is one of your greatest causes then that takes a great deal of administration.'

Vistra says 'Dealing with warrants and treaties with other nations to hunt criminals.'

Evee nods in agreement.

Kitiara says 'Amilesa any thoughts?'

Amilesa pauses a moment, looking at each of the Accepted before adding her piece.

Amilesa says 'Just as the White Ajah guides the White Tower towards decisions and actions based in facts, the Blue Ajah serves as the moral compass of the White Tower. Ensuring that we do not choose the easy option at the cost of the right one.'

Vistra pulls out her notebook and begins writing.

Evee nods in understanding.

Kitiara smiles warmly before saying, 'That is quite a nice interpretation, though I am sure some Ajah would disagree.'

Kitiara says 'Anything else Amilesa'

Amilesa says 'I think my fellow Accepted have done a good job of categorizing the activities that your Ajah participates in. I am drawn to wonder what causes the Ajah to do those things.'

Kitiara says 'So, you all agree with this whole Justice bit then?'

Amilesa stares off at the pictures on the wall for a moment.

Kitiara says 'What does that mean, all of you, examples of Justice'

Vistra nods in agreement.

Kitiara waves her hands indicating for the Accepted to speak out of turn all at once.

Vistra says 'When someone commits a crime his punishment meets what is acceptible for the severity of the crime.'

Amilesa says 'An example of justice is holding a rich lord accountable to unjust actions against a poor farmer, because he has the power.'

Evee says 'that actions have consequence. Good or Bad and administering justice equally keeps the world in good order and balance. '

Kitiara says 'According to whom Evee?'

Kitiara says 'Who decides what is good order and what is bad order.'

Vistra says 'Society as a whole I would think Kitiara Sedai.'

Kitiara says 'The Whitecloaks for instance believe that killing us or jailing us is justice, because our access to Saidar helped to break the world.'

Evee says 'To those who create the Law. Which would be men and women hopefully guided by the Light.'

Amilesa says 'Justice is certainly relative in a sense. What accounts for it Amador would not be the same as on the island.'

Kitiara nods at Amilesa.

Kitiara says 'So then the other Ajahs are all fairly defined for their main cause... Men who channel, healing, diplomacy, research, logic, battle... ours is justice? Seems a bit vague no?'

Vistra nods at Kitiara.

Evee says 'very much so!'

Amilesa says 'I don't think it is just justice. Isn't your Ajah more about the passions that drive you to make a change in the world?'

Amilesa 's face turns slightly pink at the neck.

Kitiara says 'Perhaps, but do the other Ajahs lack passions?'

Vistra shakes her head.

Amilesa says 'One would say the White Ajah aims to control theirs.'

Evee ponders life, the universe, and everything.

Amilesa looks over at the Accepted next to her, taking a small gulp of air.

Vistra shuffles her weight from one foot to the other and back.

Kitiara says 'Indeed, the White do tend to be... controlled. But is there not passion in their pursuit of understanding and logic. '

Amilesa says 'Of course. i must have been conflating terms. Not letting emotions rule your decisions is not the same as not having a focus that you think is valuable or exciting to you.'

Vistra says 'Yes Kitiara Sedai. The also seem to have great passion about mathematics.'

Vistra nods at Amilesa.

Kitiara sighs dramatically, 'Indeed, how awful...'

Evee says 'Do the Blue fill in the gaps between the other Ajahs? The world can't be defined into six neat categories, can it? So the Blues do what must be done. If not the Blue, who else?'

Amilesa says 'Can you help me understand, then, why the Blue Ajah is noted for being one for pursuing causes. When as you state, every Ajah has their own.'

Vistra nods at Amilesa.

Vistra says 'I believe this is where our confusion lies.'

Kitiara says 'Take both of those questions and understand them to be valid questions... they should help answer one another.'

Amilesa reaches out to her side a gently places her hand on Vistra's arm in comfort, before lowering it.

Kitiara says 'Meaning what Evee and what Amilesa said. '

Vistra says 'So in a way the Blue Ajah is like the cement that holds all the bricks in place that makes the Tower.'

Kitiara says 'Well I would like to think so, but perhaps dont suggest that to the other Ajahs. '

Kitiara says 'Evee?'

Kitiara says 'Amilesa?'

Kitiara says 'Any thoughts?'

Evee says 'I think I understand, even if I'm having trouble putting it to precise words.'

Kitiara says 'I will give you the grace to stumble through it, give it a try'

Amilesa says 'I am afraid I need some prompting to help get me on track with the answer, Kitiara Sedai.'

Vistra says 'So earlier I was doing a task for Moiraine Sedai and she said that the greatest cause is "to Fight the Shadow." Is that the greatest cause to the Blue Ajah or to Moiraine Sedai?'

Kitiara smiles at Vistra and says, 'An interesting observation Accepted.' before turning back to Evee.

Kitiara looks at Evee.

Evee says 'The Blue's dont seem to be bounded by strict themes.'

Evee says 'and maybe that is their strength. Flexibility'

Evee blushes.

Kitiara says 'Wonderful'

Vistra beams a smile at Evee.

Evee sighs in relief.

Kitiara says 'You all hit parts of it, but that is the crux of it. Blues are adaptable, we adjust and maneuver to whatever the situation needs. '

Vistra writes down flexibility and underlines it.

Amilesa ponders this, nodding.

Kitiara says 'In doing so we cast a wide net for information, keeping tabs on as many events as possible, from the large to the small'

Kitiara says 'This breadth of information can make us well informed and effective leaders. '

Evee says 'the eyes and ears network? I heard the Blues are unmatched in that.'

Amilesa says 'But how do you describe that, when asked the sort of question you did? Had we said the Blue Ajah is felxible and adaptable, it wouldn't likely have been the correct answer, as I see it.'

Vistra nods at Evee.

Kitiara says 'An unfortunately well known trait of ours Evee'

Kitiara says 'Amilesa, if you had opened with flexible and adaptable I would have pushed you to define in what ways. '

Amilesa nods.

Amilesa says 'of course, Aes Sedai.'

Kitiara says 'Instead we started with the ways we are not inflexible and worked backwards. The Goal of this was a discussion, there were not right or wrong answer. '

Kitiara says 'And for your more logically leaning mentality... '

Kitiara says 'There is value in the discussion, I as an Aes Sedai can push and probe and determine your different thought processes. In doing so I can further evaluate you in regards to your advancement and potential Ajah fit. '

Kitiara says 'And if you all learn something about the Blue along the way, even better.'

Amilesa nods.

Kitiara grins mischievously

Kitiara chuckles politely.

Vistra smiles happily.

Kitiara says 'Any more questions?'

Vistra whips a little drip of sweet off her chin.

Amilesa pauses to think a moment before shaking her head no.

Vistra shakes her head.

Amilesa emote: Amilesa pauses to think a moment before shaking her head no.

Evee says 'None from me for now. '

Kitiara nods in understanding

Vistra looks over at the stack of paperwork on Kitiara Sedai's desk, 'Thank you for your time today and pulling yourself away from that.'

Evee nods at Vistra.

Kitiara says 'Well then hopefully this was helpful. I encourage any of you to share this log, for I am far too lazy to do so, however I will be awarding you each 2 rp merits now. '

Vistra smiles happily.

Evee thanks Kitiara heartily.

Kitiara those might be normal qps, i have to check rules

Amilesa says 'Thank you, Aes Sedai. The lesson was very useful. I will keep working on the assignment you gave me.'

Kitiara says 'Amilesa, you are truly pursuing the right path and I look forward to holding you to that with your task. '

Kitiara says 'you are all dismissed'

The door smoothly swings open.

Evee says 'much more enlightening that reading from a book.'

Vistra curtseys gracefully.

Evee curtseys gracefully.

Vistra leaves west.

Evee leaves west.

Amilesa says 'Thank you for the encouragement, Aes Sedai.'

Kitiara nods

Amilesa curtseys before Kitiara.

Sarinda

Re: The Blues Are Adaptable

Post by Sarinda » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:39 pm

Total:
Amilesa: 2 RPQPs
Kitiara: 2 QPs
Vistra: 2 RPQPs
Evee: 2 RPQPs

I appreciate that this was an active and interactive discussion. Although the topic of “what is the Blue Ajah?” is an Age-old question, having multiple people discussing it simultaneously made this into a nice and dynamic log that I enjoyed reading. Thanks for sharing.

Please say "receive" at a silver-haired Aes Sedai for your rewards.